Author Topic: Saturday, October 4  (Read 1054 times)

Offline Cheryl

Saturday, October 4
« on: October 04, 2014, 07:09:18 AM »
Good morning!

I am enjoying the cooler weather we're having since finally getting a little rain yesterday!  I love it when it's cool like this. :)

I'm not sure what I'll do today, other than the usual, that is.  I have a load of laundry going and will get that on the line as soon as the washer stops.  I need to sweep and mop the bathroom, clean the tile in the shower, and scrub my kitchen sink. 

I'll probably end up going to the library sometime today and while out, I may go to Tractor Supply and get some shavings for the chicken coops.  I also need to round up a bale of hay to put in the barn for the dogs to sleep in when it gets cold. 

Tonight we're going on a ghost walk in Huntsville.  http://www.huntsvilleghostwalk.com/    Emily is looking forward to seeing ghosts, I'm looking forward to hearing a little history about the old houses. :D

Well, I need to go warm a bottle for the kitten and get started on some other things.  Hope you all have a great weekend!
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline fishermanwife

Re: Saturday, October 4
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2014, 10:30:27 AM »
So far laundry is started and cinnamon rolls have been baked. Kids are playing games and I'm having some downtime playing games online and watching a AZ animal show on tv. Hubby worked last night so he is napping we will go for a walk with kids and doggie when he wakes up at one of the 2 state parks that are close by since the weather is wonderful. Have a great day everyone.
Norma in Southeast Oklahoma. Wife to Steven, mommy to Abby 16, Keagan 14, Trenten 10, Ollie 7.

Offline Rooney

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2014, 11:47:29 AM »
Hi Cheryl, Norma and all who follow.

Today is shaping up to be a very windy one.....and cold.  We definitely won't be outside today.  Although poor hubby still has to clean out the chimney and cut a bit of firewood.  He had some things to do in town and will be back shortly.  I have a couple loads of laundry going now, but am going to start washing up more of the warmer stuff.  You never know nowadays, it is a high in the 50's today and supposed to be 80 next week.  Need a mixture out right now.  When he gets home I will do the touch up painting on the bedroom that I was going to do yesterday.  There were 2 cans of close to the same color, and I am color blind, so I did not want to chance using the wrong one, so I will wait for hubby to look and make sure. ;)  I did use the wrong one in the living room and we ended up having to repaint the whole room because of it. :P 

I baked some bread yesterday, like I have done many times before, only this time the dough was still gooey after it was done.  The only thing I did differently was use sprouted wheat flour instead of regular and I used the newer oven that I haven't used to bake bread in yet.  I am thinking that maybe with that kind of flour, it just needed and extra cup or so.  Do any of you know what I may have done wrong?  We still ate it, but it wasn't good like usual. :P

So, nothing exciting or fun today.  This afternoon will be full of work, but I am hoping for tomorrow to be more laid back family time.

Cheryl, that ghost walk sounds like a lot of fun.  We have a tour of an old library in our area that is similar.  I bet Emily is excited!   
I thought my dad was the only one that used the hay bales with the dogs.  Though his dogs are both inside/outside dogs.  So if they want to get really warm, they just curl up behind his recliner. ;)

Norma, enjoy that pretty weather and walk with your family.  Sounds like a nice, peaceful day.

Have a good weekend, all.
Lindsay 

Offline fishermanwife

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2014, 12:17:00 PM »
Thanks Lindsay, it's 71 and sunny so I'm going to soak it up before it is gone. That's funny you mentioned the bread bc my cinnamon rolls I made this morning called for 9 cups of flour and I ran out so I used 2 cups wheat flour and it was gooey so I cooked it longer,  I still don't like the taste of them but luckily the kids don't mind.
Norma in Southeast Oklahoma. Wife to Steven, mommy to Abby 16, Keagan 14, Trenten 10, Ollie 7.

Offline wrancher

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2014, 04:11:52 PM »
Good afternoon

Back from football jamboree. They played great!! The team we thougth we would have the hardest time we skunked. and the team we thought 50/50 we tied So we were VERY happy. As long as they play good! Fixing to go get Allison from hunter saftey and then to holy smoke bbq. Ross already left for that and took the rest of the kids in. He is a knight and they are the servers.  I am evening quild and I serve drinks. such an exciting life! ha Sorry I am boring you.  I did go have a little quiet time today and took some pictures of pastures that I needed for NRCS. I hear you on the breads. I think it was probably the flour but sometimes weather can play a trick on baking.  I know I am always so disappointed if something I have been dreaming about making doesnt quite turn out the way it was suppose to! Which seems to be more and more lately ugh  OK better scoot

Janice

Offline gaggleofseven

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2014, 08:40:04 PM »
Good evening, everyone. I'm getting on late today and catching up on everyone's day.

Today we've been busy with laundry and grocery shopping. It's nice to have the pantry restocked. I found some good mark-downs on produce and dairy products that will need to be eaten soon, but that's no problem with our family!  ;D It's always great to find a good price.

The temperatures sure have dropped. We have a frost advisory tonight. I didn't plant a garden this year, so no worries there. I'm not ready to turn on the furnace yet but it won't be long.

Have a wonderful evening!
Jennie
Jennie
There are so many beautiful reasons to be happy!