Author Topic: Thursday, August 21, 2014  (Read 1271 times)

Offline Cheryl

Thursday, August 21, 2014
« on: August 21, 2014, 07:32:01 AM »
Good morning.

I'm about to get Emily started on her school work, just waiting on her to finish her chores.  While she's doing that I'll be doing laundry. 

It's hot outside and so dry and dusty.  I went walking this morning just as the sun was coming up.  I knew if I waited it would soon be too hot.  Bring on fall!

Supper tonight is busy day pork chops, leftover green beans, and dressing. 

Have a great day and try to stay cool! :)
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

shedrinkzcoffee

Re: Thursday, August 21, 2014
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2014, 08:39:31 AM »
Good morning, ladies.

Its a busy day here.  Lots to do.... more unpacking, some yard work and I need to get some salsa made today.  Our new neighbors gave us some tomatoes and it was such a blessing.  I wasn't sure I would get any salsa made this year so I am grateful to be able to.

Not sure what dinner is yet.  Better figure that out too. 

Cheryl - its HOT here too! And humid, ick!  I'm ready for Fall too!

Offline wrancher

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2014, 08:55:07 AM »
Good Morning

Home alone. Ha Ross is at a farm show and kids are at school. I am doing a little housework and bookwork then heading out to haul hay. I will pickup little kids after school, sign papers, run errands then back to town to get lane after football around 6. Ordered a new crockpot. Better utilize that today,

Have a great day
Janice

Offline MoWin

• My Blog
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2014, 10:28:31 AM »
Good morning ladies,
   The humidity here today is just awful! We went out and dug another row of potatoes. We both about melted. LOL I am taking a 5 gallon bucket of tators to work. My boss said they would love to have them. Do you think it is wrong to not have them all cleaned up? I don't have a lot of water here, plus potatoes keep better if they are not washed. I brushed as much dirt off them as I could as I picked them up. I have them laying out in the wagon drying right now. I will brush them off again as I put them in the bucket.
   We also picked a few tomatoes, some peppers and several small watermelons. I am off tomorrow, so I hope to pick the rest of the peppers.
   Kevin and I were talking this morning. We sure would not have planted as much, nor gotten all the chickens and ducks if we knew how our lives were about the change. He does the best he can around here, but I just don't have time to do a lot of putting up veggies. Oh well, we are doing the best we can.
    I offered Hayley and Colten some of the pullets. They are coming tomorrow to pick them out. I am so happy and relieved. We hated to butcher these beautiful pullets. Hopefully they will get the newlyweds off to a great start. I also offered them my ducks. Not sure if they want them yet. As I said, our lives have changed. I wish I had not gotten the ducks. I am just working part time right now, but hope to be full soon. Just waiting on a lady to go ahead and retire.  ;)
   You all have a fabulous day.
Blessings,
Winona
Winona in northwest Missouri
Wife to Kevin
Mom to Carolyn, Cathryn, Isaiah, Hazel, and Jon
Grandma to Ashton, Ava, Noah, Izabella, and Maddison
Furbabies: Aeris, Buddy, and Callie

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2014, 12:22:31 PM »
Good afternoon!

Just getting time to get on.  We're in the hot and humid club as well.  "Only" 99 today but with the humidity it feels worse.  Max and I went hiking this morning just after 9, after taking the other kids to school.  The lady who leads the Thursday hikes had car trouble and wasn't there, but a friend of mine who has asked about the hikes before showed up so I went ahead and "led" our hike.  She isn't familiar with the place.  I am familiar but go on Thursdays to have another adult along in the event of a rattlesnake bite, so this worked.  We just did two miles with it being so hot, and that was perfect.  I had packed lunch for Max and I when packing the other kids' this morning, so we ate it in a shady area called "Sunset" after our hike.

Maddy has her first official riding lesson this evening.  She has been wanting to do this for some time, but we have never been able to let her due to either finances or availability of a place to do it or time on our part.  So, we decided it's time to work it out somehow with her only having a few more years at home.  An aquaintance of ours is giving her lessons out at the camp the girls attend in the summer, and doing 1.5 hour lessons for slightly less than a 1 hour lesson elsewhere.  We are making it work by doing a lesson every other week instead of every week since it's about 45 minutes away from here.

Dinner is a sweet potato chicken curry thing in the crockpot.  We'll see how it tastes.  Sounds kind of like a recipe I've made before from Everyday Paleo so I think it will be ok.

My "old lady" kitty is being super lovey this afternoon.  Simba is 16 now and seems to get cold easily.  She tends to sleep in the garage even on hot days like today.   :P

Well, better run get a few things done since I need to leave with Maddy about 4:45. 

Happy Thursday!
Catherine