Author Topic: Tuesday, February 14, 2017  (Read 742 times)

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
Tuesday, February 14, 2017
« on: February 14, 2017, 05:29:02 AM »
Happy Valentine's Day!

Hope your day is off to a good start! My hubby works until 10 pm tonight working a bit extra for someone else and that is just fine with me. He brought home a decadent chocolate cake last night for us so we each had a piece and I wrapped and froze the rest so when the kids come home somtime, they can also have a piece of Valentine's Day cake!

We're not doing anything special so I might go visit my parents tonight but that depends on how my day goes. Nothing big for dinner either since hubby won't be home and I can just eat whatever is in the fridge.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline pamgonzo

Re: Tuesday, February 14, 2017
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2017, 08:37:32 AM »
Happy Valentine's Day Ladies!

We too are not doing anything super special today/tonight.  I have a hard time spending money on this holiday.  We try to treat each other with love every day, so today is just Tuesday!  ;) 

I am going to make hubby some peanut butter cookies.  His favorite, and I will form them into hearts.  I have the ingredients on hand, so no money spent.  I do need to figure out what to do for dinner.  I will go dig through the freezer and see what sounds good as far a meat product, and then go from there. 
We will have a late dinner because hubs has an appearance to make at an event at 6.  Will have dinner around 7-7:30, which is late late late for us.  My preference is 5-5:30.  As long as I know now, it's easy enough to adjust.

We got a late start this morning, and then my computer had a time starting this morning, so I am way behind in my day.  Not a big deal since I don't have anywhere to be, just kind of confuses my day. 

I need to work on my packing list for my trip Friday.  There are a few unusual things I need to bring, so it will be a little more involved than just throwing some clothes in a bag.  A little more planning involved.

Not much else happening here. 
Hope everyone has a great day!  Enjoy the sunshine if you see it!
Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline Cheryl

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2017, 08:48:53 AM »
Happy Valentine's Day!   I'm in the club of not doing anything special for today. :)  We've never exchanged traditional gifts, but one year I got some really fluffy, thick bath towels!

Today Tony went back to work after being off all last week and yesterday.  I am spending this morning cleaning up everything that sort of got pushed aside with him being home.  My schedule was all out of whack, but I will catch up. 

Supper will be oven roasted chicken thighs with Greek seasoning, carrots, and a salad.  I would like to mix up a batch of rolls to have too. 

Have a great day everyone!

Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2017, 08:54:00 AM »
Well, my hubby just showed up at my work with a bouquet of flowers with a balloon! That blows the not doing anything. I made him bran muffins last night and he came home with a chocolate cake. Guess which one he chose to eat? I thought we weren't going to do the flowers and chocolate but I guess he trumped me on that. I'm still going to eat bran muffins! I made a batch of those 6 week muffin batter that stays in the fridge until you want some fresh warm muffins. I made 6 last night and took one to work and was surprised at how moist and fluffy they were today! A lot of muffins dry out but not these.

The element of surprise was nice so I'll take it.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2017, 09:25:46 AM »
That was sweet of your hubby Alice!

Enjoy your flowers! Maybe it will make it feel like Spring is on it's way!

Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25