The Kitchen Table Visiting Corner > Anything Goes!

2016 Reading Challenge

<< < (11/12) > >>

Rooney:

--- Quote from: Cheryl on September 24, 2016, 06:53:47 PM ---Picked up The Woman in Cabin 10 yesterday, but haven't started it yet.  I'm currently reading Downfall by J.A. Jance.

--- End quote ---
Cheryl, I enjoyed The Woman in Cabin 10 so much that I went and found the other bestseller from the same author (Ruth Ware).  It is called In a Dark, Dark Wood.  Almost halfway through it after this weekend (not lots of free time, but I am also a slow reader).  I am really loving these British authors and their different lingo. lol

Cheryl:
Lindsay, I had to start reading it even though I'm only halfway through my other book.  I think it's going to be good!  I read In a Dark, Dark Wood several months ago and it was good.

greyhoundgirl:

--- Quote from: Rooney on September 26, 2016, 11:57:01 AM ---
--- Quote from: Cheryl on September 24, 2016, 06:53:47 PM ---Picked up The Woman in Cabin 10 yesterday, but haven't started it yet.  I'm currently reading Downfall by J.A. Jance.

--- End quote ---
Cheryl, I enjoyed The Woman in Cabin 10 so much that I went and found the other bestseller from the same author (Ruth Ware).  It is called In a Dark, Dark Wood.  Almost halfway through it after this weekend (not lots of free time, but I am also a slow reader).  I am really loving these British authors and their different lingo. lol

--- End quote ---

Yeah!  I KNOW I have tried to say "amn't" before and these Irish folk do use it!  I'm not crazy!  Must be my Irish side coming out, lol.  And I find myself wanting to say "bollocks" or "bollix" when something goes wrong.  :P

Rooney:

--- Quote from: greyhoundgirl on September 27, 2016, 06:13:31 AM ---
--- Quote from: Rooney on September 26, 2016, 11:57:01 AM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Yeah!  I KNOW I have tried to say "amn't" before and these Irish folk do use it!  I'm not crazy!  Must be my Irish side coming out, lol.  And I find myself wanting to say "bollocks" or "bollix" when something goes wrong.  :P

--- End quote ---
Yup.  I can just see myself calling everybody 'love' and referring to  a 'bugger' or a pain in the 'arse'. lol ;D

Just finished In a Dark, Dark Wood yesterday.  I love books where you think you have it figured out halfway through, but it ends completely different than you thought.  It was one of those.  Started on What Alice Forgot by Liane Moriarty last night, but I am already thinking it may not be my style. It is more of a romantic comedy, but I guess I shouldn't make a decision only 10 pages in. Thinking the suspense ones are more fun. 

Mandy, I looked for We Were Liars but couldn't find it.  May look on amazon, I am sure they will have it there. Read the plot summary and it sounded good.

Cheryl:
I finished The Woman in Cabin 10 and really enjoyed it.  I checked out Home by Harlan Coben to read next.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version