Author Topic: Thursday, January 5, 2017  (Read 761 times)

Offline 4kidsmom

Thursday, January 5, 2017
« on: January 05, 2017, 07:57:36 AM »
Good morning!

Offline 4kidsmom

Re: Thursday, January 5, 2017
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2017, 08:10:19 AM »
Good morning! The snow finally started falling last night and now it's a beautiful, cold morning!

I woke up ridiculously early today.  Thursdays I wake up at 5 am to take my son to school for 5:30 am football workouts.  Today I woke up at 4:15.  I was thinking about the snow--wondering how much had fallen and if we should drop going to school early.  We got a few inches so it wasn't too bad.  The main roads had been plowed earlier so that helped.

I have adjusted my menu, balanced my checkbook, and set up new financial documents (checkbook, financial tracking, etc.) for 2017.  I am working on a budget.  We need to buy a new van this year, and we are also planning a major family vacation because it's our 20th wedding anniversary.  DH and I decided we'd rather celebrate with our family and do something big, then one night go out for dinner at a really nice place.  So I need to set aside money for that each month.

Once the boys get off to school, I'll take a nap.  Already feeling tired but only one more hour till the boys go so I'll just hang in there.

I have a really long to do list after that nap.  Lots of phone calls, emails, texts to take care of.  My major organizing goal for this month is the office so I will spend some time in there.  I'll also continue to chip away at the ironing pile.  I need to work on my pantry--many of the Tupperware containers are nearly empty so I will refill them then reorganize the whole thing. 

I've been working on my bedroom too.  So I'll keep working on getting the stuff that doesn't belong in there cleared out.  I'll also go through my dresser drawers and see what I can get rid of and reorganize the rest.  It's not a big dresser so shouldn't take very long.

Nothing scheduled for tonight except taking my daughter to the train station to go downtown for a concert. 

The pork roast I planned for last night wasn't thawed enough so we had breakfast sandwiches instead.  So tonight will be last night's planned dinner of pork roast and vegetables, green salad and fruit.

Merilee

Offline pamgonzo

Re: Thursday, January 5, 2017
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2017, 08:38:26 AM »
Good Morning all who join us today!

Merilee: it sounds like you have a lot on your plate for the day.  Hope you get as much accomplished as possible.

I too woke crazy early.  Not by choice, though.  Our neighbor was having her driveway plowed at 4:30 a.m.  That was not a very cheerful way to wake! It really doesn't even look like we got that much snow.  But, it is that time of year!  Fell back asleep, and then heard hubby up and going around 6.  Once he was done showering and dressing, I drifted almost to sleep, and then heard him loading his car that was in the garage (our bedroom is directly above the garage).  Once he was off, I did drift in and out for a while, but then the texts started coming in!  I gave up, and got up.  Didn't feel like I got any sleep, but will make the best of it!  Will sleep better tonight, I'm sure!

We were suppose to go up north for the weekend for a media family event.  Hubby had to head north this morning, and he will head over to the ski resort later today.  I am unsure if I will go tomorrow, or if I will go at all.  Temps are suppose to be real feel below zero all weekend up there, and most of the events are outside. brrrr!  Not really that appealing to me, so I may just sit this one out. 

Waiting for son to get back from TX today.  He and his gf had about 4 hours to drive this morning to get back to her house. (one of the texts that came in this a.m. letting me know they were on the road.)  She has to work this afternoon, so hopefully the roads will cooperate and they will get back there by noon-ish.  Not sure when he will head back here.  Glad I will be here to see him before he heads back to school.  Not sure what his plan is for that either.  I believe he starts back on Monday.  I am guessing he will head back either tomorrow or Saturday. 

On my agenda today is: 
fold towels that are in the dryer
dust
vacuum
sweep and mop kitchen
clean stovetop (I noticed it really needs some attention)

Not sure what dinner will be.  Probably leftover chicken enchilada soup over rice.

Hope everyone is keeping warm and cozy.  It sure is cold here!  Minus 11 real feel.  (not a fan!!)
Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25