Author Topic: Thursday, May 1, 2014  (Read 1514 times)

Offline wrancher

Thursday, May 1, 2014
« on: May 01, 2014, 07:14:11 AM »
Good morning

Offline 4kidsmom

Re: Thursday, May 1, 2014
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2014, 09:22:17 AM »
Good morning!

Another beautiful day here.

I've decided today needs to be an at home day.  There's a lot of picking up and putting away and organizing that needs to be done.  I speed clean by gathering things that don't belong in a room into a laundry basket or some other container to be sorted through later.  Well, I haven't sorted through containers for awhile so there's quite a few that need to be emptied.  That's my major goal for today.  I'd also like to get things gathered for a charity run.

I do have to take lunch to Jordan (school) and Steven (work), and pick up snacks for Alex's preschool class.  I thought my turn was last week but no, it's today.  So I didn't get anything while I was out shopping yesterday.

Have a great day!

Merilee

Offline wrancher

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2014, 09:24:13 AM »
Sun is shining but Still windy. Finally our 1st branding day of the year is Sunday.  Trying to plan menu and supplies. Need to pressure wash floor in garage and do some cleaning in there. That's where I feed everyone. I can sit up tables and chairs ahead of time and when people are muddy and dirty they don't have to come in house.  I need to go finish my last group of cows to feed but they are the farthest away. Came in for breakfast/lunch switch laundry around, etc. Ross and I will head over and take down some fence that just needs pulled up and clean up that area.  We will start getting all the supplies ordered and together. A lot to getting ready for the event but so worth it to get some out of the way. I will check back in when I finish chores

Janice

Offline MissMandy

• ♥ Summer 2015 ♥
    • The Finstad Homestead
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2014, 11:05:30 AM »
Afternoon ladies!

The sun is finally shining again!  I went back to bed for a little bit after Jean left, but after getting up and ready for the day, I head out to the grocery store, liquor store, and to pick up Thai food for lunch.  Sounds like a great morning to me ;D

It seems, lately, that the only down time Jean and I get together is on Sundays after church.  For the past two weekends I've planned a special meal for dinner (usually on the grill) and made some sort of fun mixed drink, and we just sit on the deck and enjoy our puppy and our time together.  This week, in honor of the Kentucky Derby, I'm planning on making a pitcher of mint juleps to have with our turkey burgers, corn on the cob, zucchini, and pecan tarts.  I can't wait!

Mom just emailed to see if I wanted to head into the next big town tomorrow to shop for some jeans with her, and there are a couple of stores I'd like to hit as well (for a raised dog feeder, a scrapbook memento pocket, a doormat, and crazy straws, of all things...weird shopping list!), so for the rest of today I should take care of everything around the house that needs doing.  I need to make the bed, clean the storm and sliding doors, sweep the porch (once it dries), and swish the bathrooms.  I should also do some NSA work.

Dinner tonight is dijon chicken.  Yum!

Hope you all have wonderful days on your homesteads!

Mandy :)
Mandy, wife to Jean, furmama to Irish Wolfhound Grimmauld (Grimm), living in the mountains of Virginia.  Childless by circumstance and loving it! ♥

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2014, 08:26:01 AM »
Afternoon ladies!

The sun is finally shining again!  I went back to bed for a little bit after Jean left, but after getting up and ready for the day, I head out to the grocery store, liquor store, and to pick up Thai food for lunch.  Sounds like a great morning to me ;D

It seems, lately, that the only down time Jean and I get together is on Sundays after church.  For the past two weekends I've planned a special meal for dinner (usually on the grill) and made some sort of fun mixed drink, and we just sit on the deck and enjoy our puppy and our time together.  This week, in honor of the Kentucky Derby, I'm planning on making a pitcher of mint juleps to have with our turkey burgers, corn on the cob, zucchini, and pecan tarts.  I can't wait!

Mom just emailed to see if I wanted to head into the next big town tomorrow to shop for some jeans with her, and there are a couple of stores I'd like to hit as well (for a raised dog feeder, a scrapbook memento pocket, a doormat, and crazy straws, of all things...weird shopping list!), so for the rest of today I should take care of everything around the house that needs doing.  I need to make the bed, clean the storm and sliding doors, sweep the porch (once it dries), and swish the bathrooms.  I should also do some NSA work.

Dinner tonight is dijon chicken.  Yum!

Hope you all have wonderful days on your homesteads!

Mandy :)

Mmm...was trying to think of what to make for dinner using chicken breast (so unused to having it around but bought the 20 lbs Bountiful Baskets offered a couple of weeks ago).  You helped me decided...Honey Dijon chicken it is!

Offline MissMandy

• ♥ Summer 2015 ♥
    • The Finstad Homestead
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2014, 12:26:40 PM »
Mmm...was trying to think of what to make for dinner using chicken breast (so unused to having it around but bought the 20 lbs Bountiful Baskets offered a couple of weeks ago).  You helped me decided...Honey Dijon chicken it is!

How were they??

M
Mandy, wife to Jean, furmama to Irish Wolfhound Grimmauld (Grimm), living in the mountains of Virginia.  Childless by circumstance and loving it! ♥