Author Topic: Thursday, April 20, 2017  (Read 1280 times)

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
Thursday, April 20, 2017
« on: April 20, 2017, 05:37:00 AM »
Good morning,

It's raining very hard this morning. It started late last night and there has been some pretty heavy rain off and on.

Today will be a dreary work day and then home tonight probably won't be able to get our walk in if it still is raining. It's also a bit more cool this morning. I opened to door to the garage to let the cat out (into the garage only) and the service door was open and it rained inside all night. Hmm, who left the door open? Hubby was the last one home last night and he does have tendencies to leave doors open so I think I know who did it. Needless the say, the cat was very happy to go outside. Thankfully, she listened when I called her name and she came right back in without me having to run all over the neighborhood trying to catch her.

I have to think of something for supper tonight. There's not a lot to choose from so it will be more challenging. Yesterday was leftovers for hubby and some imitation crab/lobster pasta salad for me. It might have to be a soup or something.

Not much more on this lazy day!

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline 4kidsmom

Re: Thursday, April 20, 2017
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2017, 08:50:01 AM »
Good morning!

I had a really productive day yesterday so I'm happy!

Today is more of the same--working on the various projects.  I only have one load of laundry to do--towels!

Merilee

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2017, 09:24:34 AM »
Good Morning ladies!

It is a cool and gloomy morning here. I was just getting used to the pleasant Spring weather! I think the rain may be done, but still it's not going to warm up much. 

I had to run to walmart for a couple things real quick.  I think I was in and out in 5 minutes.  I can stay home now.

Have some laundry to do, so I will get that started.  Did some picking up of some things that needed to be put away. 

Unloaded and re-loaded the dishwasher, but it's not full enough to run. Maybe after dinner. 
I had planned on doing a big salad with some leftover fajita meat and peppers for dinner, but this weather makes me feel like I will throw those into a pot and do soup with them instead.  Then, can do a smaller salad on the side.  Soup just sounds good today.

I hope everyone had a great day!
Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline Cheryl

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2017, 09:43:07 AM »
Good morning!

I was up at 4 am to start laundry.  It's supposed to rain tomorrow and I have to leave after lunch to take Emily to art, so I got the early start in order to get both loads on the line before I leave.

I finally got my bedroom in order, but still need to go through my books.  I will try to work on that this afternoon.  Other than that, it's the same old routine around here.  We're still pulling things from the freezer for our meals and buying very little each week.  I can tell I will probably have to get a little creative with meal planning soon.

Have a good day!
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2017, 09:49:17 AM »
Hi Cheryl,

I know what you mean about needing to get creative really soon! I'm there right now too. I have had to buy a few things thing month but I just can't get a big haul.  I think my meal has to be chicken noodle soup tonight in the instant pot. I have a frozen chicken thigh, onions, carrots, celery, noodles so that seems to be the most logical meal. I see some odds and ends bread pieces on the counter so that has to be made into something to go with the soup.  It is wet and raining (hard rain!) here in W. Michigan so soup might be just the ticket. My throat doesn't really hurt but it doesn't feel right either so again, soup will fit the bill.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats