The Hearth > Managing a Household

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

(1/4) > >>

wrancher:
Good Morning

Yesterday DD calls from school about 250 saying she broke her retainer and to call ortho for appt. So I call the office and they are like how is it broke. THen I couldnt get back ahold of DD. I ended up throwing on some town clothes and picking up dd to be to Rapid by the time they closed at 5. THe nurse was very strict they were closing at 5. We made it there at 450. ugh The dr was better than the nurse and we did need to be seen right  away.  So we had dds car and washed it (our town doesnt have a working car wash and it is a treat to wash a car at car wash) and gased up at sams club (2.80 in town 3.16) and came home. DD had fruit to deliver for FFA when we got home

Today is an at home day I think. Will head out to do chores when kids leave for school then the normal housework. I have the pieces together for the rope cross but not melted together then I need to finish presents for coaches and wrap them. Then I can do bookwork.

Need more coffee and more children up to get ready for school. It will be hard on us this week with 5 days. We get out Friday at 130 so we have

greyhoundgirl:
Good morning!

I'm awake, but am the only human awake so far (aside from Earl who has gone to work).  It's hard to get up when snuggled between two kitties, with another at my feet and a dog now over on Earl's side of the bed.  I think he just hangs out and waits for Earl to get up so he can take his warm spot.  Gotta love the critters!  Speaking of critters, I had pot roast planned yesterday and had Maddy start peeling some potatoes for it.  When she pulled the first one out, there was a brown recluse on it.  After being bitten a few months ago, she is not a fan so she said she smooshed it.  That's a bit scary, though, when I think of all the times we reach into potato bags.  :P

Some friends of ours are moving today, just to a different rental house.  I offered to keep their kids for awhile so they could get more done.  So, I guess we'll have 4 extras joining us today, a 2 YO, 4 YO, 7 YO, and 9 YO.  Should be interesting to say the least.

Dinner tonight is some sort of lentil soup/stew in the crockpot.  Need to look at my menu and recipes and see which one.

Still need to mail my parents' package today.  I went yesterday while out but the parking lot was full.  I'm hoping going earlier in the day will be a little better, at least.

Have a great day!
Catherine

Cheryl:
Good morning!

Janice - I hear you on the needing more coffee!  I have to have a cup before I can even get started doing anything around here. ;)

Catherine - that's scary about the brown recluse.  I can't stand the thought!  :o  Sounds like you're going to have a busy day!

Today is another at home day for us.  I still have a wobbly chicken but she seems to be walking better.  Hope she's on the mend.   I don't have much planned for today, just finishing up some school work with Emily before taking a Christmas break. 

Hope everyone has a great day!

Proudmama:
Good morning!

We had a little bit of snow this morning but nothing too bad.  It wasn't enough to cause a delay of school or anything much to Molly's dismay!  I was actually hoping for a delay myself since I got to bed a bit late last night because I was at the movies.  I did sleep in a bit and took my shower after the girls left for school.  Getting up at 5:30 is still very early, though!

I don't have much planned for today.  I have a bit of laundry to finish up from yesterday and need to clean up the kitchen, too.  I also hope to do a bit of reading and go through some of the newspapers and magazines piled up around here.  I need to get Molly after play rehearsal today.  Then it is home for the night.

Dinner tonight is hot roast beef sandwiches, some type of potato and green beans.  Madelyn will have chicken.  I am not sure what I will have.

Have a wonderful day!

Denise

MoWin:
Good morning ladies,

It looks to be a beautiful day here. I will take as  many as we can get.  :D

I have all the pillowcases cut out and pinned for the beginning seams. That is the hardest part. Should go well after that, just a few straight seams. So the ear warmers are done. Drawstring backpacks just need the strings put in. Sewing the pillowcases today. Then I should be about done. I started a scarf last night while watching the Voice. Thought I would add a scarf to the ear warmers, but who am I kidding. I can't crochet 9 scarves in 4 days. Just can't do it. So I guess they will get a scarf next year. Gives me something to plan for. LOL

Kevin's first day back yesterday was pretty rough on him. He slept till almost 8 this morning and he never does that.  :o He was so tired last night.  :(

Cheryl, I hope your chicken recovers.
Cathy, I know what you mean about the critters. I usually have a cat by my side (or on top of me) and one by my head. Then as soon as Kevin gets up, Buddy takes his spot. LOL Good thing I love them.  ;) I am wondering if we have brown recluse spiders this far north, because I have never see one. I hope they decide not to travel north. Glad Maddy didn't get bit again.
Janice, glad you got there in time to see about your daughter's retainer. I hope you get to have a nice 'at home' day.

Everyone have a good one.

Blessings,
Winona

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version