Author Topic: Tuesday, May 9, 2017  (Read 986 times)

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
Tuesday, May 9, 2017
« on: May 09, 2017, 08:39:51 AM »
Good Morning,

It is sunshining here in West Michigan! Still a bit cool and will be for a few days. I'm so ready for spring!

We're starting to calm down at home. Also starting to get some much needed rest. I'm still coughing (5 months) as I had a flare-up two weeks ago. Sore throat is gone but the cruddy cough is still there.

Dinners have been very very light. I'm just not interested in preparing big meals nor eating big meals. We ate the leftovers from Sunday for our dinner last night and so today there were no leftovers for lunch. I have made some bread so at least we have that. I think tonight might be taco salads. That kind of sounds good. We're also trying to lighten up on the carbs so we'll see if this works. It's kind of cool outside so I don't want to grill. That will come in due time.

Kids will be home soon and I know we'll cook a lot more. But the big change is that we will still cut the carbs a lot and I don't think they are used to that so they will be in for a surprise. There is no snack foods in the house anymore and I won't allow that while they are home. We'll see how that goes! We've also kicked out all the high fructose corn syrup products and will not purchase those again. We also cut down on cereals. I no longer do big grocery hauls. All of this is done to become healthier. I'm going to be ready for the complaints and then the conversations will begin as to why this is happening. They are all adults and all of us are a bit overweight. I'm am 100% sure they will all understand.

OK, enough for me. How is everyone doing?

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline 4kidsmom

Re: Tuesday, May 9, 2017
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2017, 09:10:46 AM »
Good morning!

Today's an at home day.  I never did get laundry done today so that situation is becoming a little desperate.  That'll be my focus today!

I'll also keep working on my projects.  Always something to do. :)

have a great day!
Merilee

Offline pamgonzo

Re: Tuesday, May 9, 2017
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2017, 10:21:49 AM »
Hi Alice & Merilee and any others who may come along!

It has been a busy day for me already.  We went to son's games last night in Chicago.  They won the first game, which meant they played again right following that one.  They ended up losing that one by quite a bit, and it looked like he wasn't going to get in, so we took off right before it was over.  They are now eliminated from the playoffs, but they did end up beating the number one seed, and the number two seed, so I hope they feel like they had a good showing.  So -- the drive home was looooooong!!  Of course we are an hour ahead, so we ended up home at about 2:30 am.   :o  I feel I may be too old for staying out that late!! 

I was able to sleep until about 8:30, so that was helpful.  But, I needed to get up and get out to the grocery store first thing.  Son's car is in the garage, so hubs needed my car for later in the day.  I needed to get groceries and be home before 11:30.  No problem.  I showered, threw myself together, and got out the door by 9:30.  Ran to Aldi, the dollar store, and Meijer and back home by 10:45 or so.  Now groceries are put away, lunch has been taken care of, and the dishwasher has been unloaded, reloaded and is running.

I need to get started with laundry now.  It is not a desperate situation like yours Merilee, but it will be if I don't get it going! 

I also need to finish up the kitchen.  It needs a little attention.  There has been some clutter dropped in there, and there are some things that need to find a home.  It shouldn't take too long though.

Hope all of you have a great afternoon and evening.
We are having a tomatillo salsa grilled chicken for dinner with brown rice for dinner. 

Pam 
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25