Author Topic: Thursday, June 22, 2017  (Read 1008 times)

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
Thursday, June 22, 2017
« on: June 22, 2017, 06:54:10 AM »
Good Morning everyone! Rise and Shine!

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
Re: Thursday, June 22, 2017
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2017, 07:08:41 AM »
I had a crazy busy day at work yesterday. It was moving day for us. Lots of things in locked cabinets that needed to be moved and then back into their locked cabinets before I could leave for the day. Exhausting packing boxes and then unpacking boxes. But it done now. I'll need little tweeks to my office but those can't happen until August. My desk is too high for me since I'm fairly short. I also need another two-drawer filing cabinet to fit under my desk. Not asking for too much, right?

I got home late so I didn't make dinner but no one else did either. They were all out and about as well and we all were home just about at the same time. Luckily, there was enough leftover from the previous night. I also made non-alcohol strawberry daquiries for everyone. That was a hit.

The two girls are gone so tonight will only be three of us for dinner. I didn't take anything out of the freezer because I was so exhausted last night that I couldn't really do anything more. I did a quick run to Aldi since we needed coffee cream, milk, eggs and crackers. I'm hoping that I won't need to get any more groceries this weekend. I feel like I spent too much but with all 5 adult kids home, we go through a lot of food.

I'm thinking we're supposed to get some rain today and tonight. I still think we need it so I won't complain.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline 4kidsmom

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2017, 07:35:28 AM »
Good morning!

Weather continues to be hot, hot, hot.  Sure makes me grateful for my AC!  ;D

I need to go grocery shopping but I'm not sure exactly when that's going to happen.  I've got laundry to put away and one load of clothes to do.  Also need to wash sheets and towels.  The lawn needs to be mowed and there's weeding to be done.

We've been invited to swim at a friend's house so we'll do that this afternoon. Both teenagers work this afternoon.

Dinner will be grilled shrimp kebobs, rice, fruit and salad.

Merilee

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2017, 08:16:30 AM »
Good Morning Ladies!

Alice: I hope your work life settles down now that the move is complete.
Merilee: Enjoy your swimming.  Hope it gives you all some relief from the heat.

Seems a little humid here.  I went out to throw some garbage in the dumpster, and thought "wow, it's pretty warm out here"!  It is nice and cool inside for now, so that is nice.  We are expecting some rain later this afternoon.  Maybe I should get out and get a walk in before it gets here. 

Won't need to water my flowers or garden plants since the rain is in the forecast for the next couple of days.  Probably will need to mow the lawn come Sunday if the rain has passed by then.

I have a load of laundry to fold, and once hubs gets me his clothes from his trip, I can do the other load of wash that will be need to be done. 

Not much else that HAS to be done around here, but I'm sure I will find plenty to keep me busy all day.  I still have the book I am reading to finish up.  I am about 2/3 done, so that won't take too long. 

I have steak marinating in the fridge for dinner.  We will grill, but I am hoping we won't be doing that in the rain!  Poor planning on my part maybe, but steak on the grill has sounded so good to me for days, so we will power through! 

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25