Author Topic: Tuesday, Nov. 8, 2016  (Read 888 times)

Offline 4kidsmom

Tuesday, Nov. 8, 2016
« on: November 08, 2016, 07:22:45 AM »
Good morning!  It's Election Day!

Offline 4kidsmom

Re: Tuesday, Nov. 8, 2016
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2016, 07:34:39 AM »
Good morning!

It's election day!  I'll be filling out my ballot and dropping it off today.

I have a meeting with a church lady to plan a Christmas lunch for our oldest sisters (we have 11 women who are age 80 and older in our congregation).  After that it's a normal housework day.

Whatever happens with the election, I pray that God will guide our country.

Merilee

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2016, 01:47:13 PM »
Good late afternoon ladies.

I slept in a little bit this morning. Hoping this will cure the time change issues I have been having!

Went to the polls around 10 a.m. Was in and out in about 30 minutes. I too hope all will be okay no matter what happens Merilee.

After voting, I went to Aldi and a local grocery store to grab a few things.  We have been squeaking by on what we had on hand, and have been gone a lot, so it is good to finally  have some fresh fruits and veggies on hand again.

Not much else happening around here.  I am going to try to avoid watching all the political junk on tv tonight. Will watch the college football game or read a book, or go to bed early. Tomorrow is soon enough for me.

I picked up a rotisserie chicken for dinner, and will make some mashed potatoes and gravy, a vegetable and salad to go with it. 

Hope everyone has a fabulous evening!  (Another tv option is the weather channel. They are running music with outdoor/nature video. It's called "Escape the Election" and is really quite soothing!)

Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline Rooney

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2016, 03:32:05 PM »
I seem to be having a difficult time adjusting to the time change as well.  Can't get up and walking around in a fog. :P   We all seem to have a hard time with it every year around our house.  I am taking extra D as well as other vitamins and using the tanning bed once a week or so and this will help eventually, but  right now I'm still draggin'.  Some warm sunny days would probably help.  Trying to work out each day, but am even struggling through workouts. NO energy!! :P

Offline Rooney

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2016, 04:24:26 PM »
Is anyone else wondering where everyone went???  There is never many of us, but even most of those seem to be gone as of late.  Isn't there normally more of us on here once it starts getting cooler outside?  Cheryl, Catherine, Mandy, Cathie, Denise, Janice, Winona, Alice, Shelley, and more----where is everybody? ???

Oh...and Erica!!  Can't believe I forgot Miss Erica!! :)
« Last Edit: November 08, 2016, 04:58:43 PM by Rooney »

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2016, 06:26:04 AM »
I'm here!! I read all the new posts everyday but rarely can I post since I'm at work during the day. Then at night I get bogged down with meal making, yard work, house work, read a little bit, catch up with the kids by email. So then the night is over and I haven't been back on the forum.

I also live a boring life. I have nothing exciting going on. Same old thing every single day.

Here's what happened on Tues. just to show you how boring I am. I took the day off from work to do yard work with hubby. We ate breakfast, walked to the library to vote, began trimming a tree that overhangs on the house, blew leaves from the roof of the house and the barn, raked leaves onto a tarp to drag out to the back. Lawn swepted more leaves, mowed the remaining. Came inside for a little lunch break then headed to the grocery store for a few items and a prescription for one of the kids. Came home and had some quiet time--me reading a good book, hubby playing the piano. Then we started our meatloaf, mashed potatoes and carrots for dinner. I walked to the library again to get a book that was on hold. Came home and put finishing touches on dinner. Our son came home from college to vote and stepped in for dinner with us. He brought a pair of pants that needs mending. After he left to go back to school, I fixed his pants, did a small load of laundry, and read a little bit more of my book. Then hubby got called in to work for an hour and I went to bed.

See how boring we are? But we had a nice day together and accomplished a lot in our little world. We will repeat this yard cleanup until all the leaves are off the trees.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats