Author Topic: Thurs. Aug. 10, 2017  (Read 829 times)

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
Thurs. Aug. 10, 2017
« on: August 10, 2017, 06:20:59 AM »
Good Morning,

Not sure what kind of day we're going to have. Maybe rain later on today.

Tonight is my volunteer night so dinner has to be quick for me. I have a chicken thawing so maybe someone can season it and put it in the oven. I would love to have it cook on the rotisserie but no one really knows ow to prep it and get it in the rotisserie so the oven it is.

We had a wonderful dinner last night. We ended up with a full house and we made the spaghetti and garlic bread but I also added a pan of biscuits. The girls made a salad but forgot to set it on the table! Oh, well, we were stuffed with our dinner so we didn't miss it. It was a huge pan of spaghetti sauce and noodles. Not much left but enough for our son to have some. He was working so he missed the whole thing but I always make sure there is something from dinner leftover for him to take to work the next day. Later the group asked if we all wanted to go out for ice cream. This was my first visit this summer to the ice cream store but it was really good. And then the night was over. The group wanted me and hubby to be part of all of the activities even though this was a group of young 20 something kids (our girls and their friends). We know all the young people from our kids' college years so it was extra special for us too.

Saturday our oldest daughter leaves to go back to her teaching in Honduras after being home for the summer. Bittersweet for sure. Then in two weeks the other daughter leaves for her semester abroad in Italy. Also, bittersweet. Then it's just our son and us.

I also miss the other lady's who used to be her on the forum. What happened to all of them? I really wish we could have them all come back and revitalize and energize the forum. I see that registration is closed so I guess new members can't join either. I'd love to hear some updates on some of our previous posters.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline pamgonzo

Re: Thurs. Aug. 10, 2017
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2017, 09:23:07 AM »
Hello Alice and any who may follow.

Wow!  This day has already gotten away from me!  I slept in chunks last night, so I ended up getting up at almost 9:00.  What????  Now my day will be flying by me!  Oh well, I must have needed it.  The only thing about going back to sleep in the early morning, is that I end up having the weirdest dreams! 

I was going to run out and see if I could find the last bits I need for wedding reception tables, but not sure I really want to do that this afternoon.  Maybe I will - maybe I won't.  It's nice to have the option, but sometimes I think it would be better if I didn't have a choice.  I usually get more done with a tight deadline!

Have a few things to do in the house today.  Dusting and floors for sure. 

Need to do some research on the computer for a couple of projects.  Will need to make sure I get up and move frequently.  Sitting all day is not a good idea for me.  Maybe I will take a break and go for a walk. 

I am starting a new 100 day walking challenge.  It is set up to walk 100 miles in 100 days, but the last time I did this I walked 270 miles.  Maybe I should shoot to beat that.  I am going to have to be deliberate about it. 

Hope everyone has a great day!!
So glad you had such a nice evening Alice.  It's such an adjustment when kids are leaving, isn't it?

Enjoy!
Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25