Author Topic: Thursday June 30th  (Read 948 times)

Offline Alana

Thursday June 30th
« on: June 30, 2016, 06:41:53 AM »
Good morning!
Loving the country life in Canada!
Married to Sean
Mom of Brandon 20, Joshua 16, Evan 14 & Alyssa 11
Daycare 'mom' to 5 toddlers

Offline Alana

Re: Thursday June 30th
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2016, 06:45:44 AM »
school is officially over!!  Yay!! 

I am only working a half day today because we have some doctors appointments this afternoon. I am just going to relax and enjoy my day today  ;D

I don't have a ton planned for today. I need to get some groceries since everything will be closed tomorrow for Canada day. I am hoping to do some strawberry picking. But I might save for tomorrow.

Hope you all have a great day!
Loving the country life in Canada!
Married to Sean
Mom of Brandon 20, Joshua 16, Evan 14 & Alyssa 11
Daycare 'mom' to 5 toddlers

Offline 4kidsmom

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2016, 07:13:24 AM »
Good morning!

It's cloudy outside, but will still be hot.  Just not as hot as it has been.

I have a to-do list a mile long today.  I don't expect to get it all done today--it was more of a brain dump to be sure I don't forget things that I want to do. 

First up is watering.  While that is going, I am going to clean out the my big freezer and pack all the frozen stuff into my kitchen freezer and ice chests.  Then I'll defrost the freezer.  Hopefully it'll be warm enough that it'll be done by noon.  Then I'll wipe down the freezer and turn it back on and tomorrow morning it'll be ready for re-loading.  I MUST do that today because I scored some really good deals on marked-down meat yesterday.  Right now it's all in my fridge but I can't leave it there too long.

I've got laundry to put away.  It's time to do the weekly housecleaning (dust, vacuum, mop).  I've got some scrapbook projects to work on during down time.  I want to put up my patriotic decor.  I know I have lots of frozen berries in the freezer, which I want to use to make jam, so I'm going to get out my canning supplies and get them organized.  I've got phone calls for appointments to make.  And lots and lots of little things in between.

Jordan has football this morning so I will pick him up at noon.  Christie goes to work at 3.  Tonight I am taking dinner to a family--the wife had knee surgery today.  Somewhere in today (probably about 1:00) we'll go swimming, if the weather is OK.  Might have thunderstorms today.

Today's dinner is greek chicken gyros, green salad and rice.

Have a good day!
Merilee

Offline sbdriver

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2016, 12:23:31 PM »
Alana I was finished driving for my 2 schools last Fri. I love giving back 55 kids x 2 routes (so 110 kids total) to their parents. I get to relax and enjoy my 2 months off lol.

I wish there was someplace close that I could pick strawberries but being in the big city there is not.

I leave for holidays tomorrow so I got my lawn mowed today, all the plants watered really well, filled up my water fountain and bird bath so they're good to go. Zachary will still be at home as he's taking a couse in July so he'll be watering lol.

Hope you all have a great day!
Laurie
Many hands make light work