Author Topic: Monday, August 14, 2017  (Read 1088 times)

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
Monday, August 14, 2017
« on: August 14, 2017, 06:09:52 AM »
Hi ladies,

It was a crazy weekend. My daughter was to fly out Sat. morning at 6 am so we brought her at 3:30 am and went home. She texted me at 6:45 am that her plane had not left yet. The door of the plane couldn’t close so the mechanic had to be called and he was 45 minutes away. Everyone was scrambling for other flights and the only other one going where she needed to be was leaving at 7 am. So she ended up waiting for the fixed door and then continued on to Atlanta. She missed her 10 am connection so she was stuck in Atlanta for 24 hours. They only have one flight per day to Honduras. She asked about accommodations and they gave her a hotel but she asked about food vouchers and they said NO. Really? So a person gets stuck for 24 hours and a hotel is OK but food is not? They go hand in hand.

She didn’t know where her luggage was but hoped it was in a safe spot for 24 hours. So she spent a day in Atlanta but did not go out and about—single, woman, alone—good reasons to stay put. She did get to her destination Sunday afternoon with luggage.

Hubby and I were quite tired but we got our chores done. Sunday was a day of rest and worship for us. I feel like I have jet lag from a disrupted day on Saturday and just stress and worry.

We got our walks in on Sat. and Sun. I also ended up getting a few groceries both Fri. and Sat. I’m always looking for a sale and I buy when there is one and that was what happened on Saturday. Friday was regular groceries.

I have no idea what is for supper tonight. I made a big pot of pinto beans and rice yesterday and they were so good. Thanks Pam for teaching me how to make the pinto beans (I put some unmashed into freezer containers with the bean liquid and the rest I made into refried beans). Tonight might be something with those beans and rice.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline 4kidsmom

Re: Monday, August 14, 2017
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2017, 07:09:19 AM »
Good morning!

Today starts a new routine for me.  I got hired as a teacher aide at the School for the Deaf.  I have training meetings over the next 3 days.  Then school starts next Monday.  The next few weeks I will be figuring out how I"m going to manage my homemaking with my work schedule. :)

Have a great day!

Merilee

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2017, 07:13:05 AM »
Good luck with the juggling of work at home and work at school, Merilee! How many hours a week will you be at school?

I also juggle work and home but now my kids are grown up so it doesn't matter anymore of how many hours I work. Oh, I remember those days of juggling 40 hours of work and then home stuff. Those were good days.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2017, 08:00:48 AM »
Good Morning Ladies!

Glad to see you.  Good luck with your training Merilee, and with your new "normal".  I'm sure you will manage it beautifully!
Happy your daughter got to her destination okay, and that her luggage arrived with her Alice.  That was a silver lining, I guess.  Also glad you are enjoying the beans.

Hubs is back on the road today.  This project will run through Thursday, but he will be able to be home late Wednesday.  Will be much better than last week.  It was much too long him being gone Monday thru Saturday.

We met up at our son's baseball game Saturday night.  He was pitching for the last time with the collegiate team he had joined.  He did really well, and got the win.  Two starts and two wins, so that is a good start for him going into fall.  He heads back to South Bend sometime today, and back to work Wednesday and school starts Monday.  On to his Senior year, and then all my boys will be done with school. 
Our friends also met us at the game since they don't live too far away from the stadium.  After, we went out for a bite to eat so we could visit.  It was fun.  We didn't get home until really late after the hour drive home though! 

Sunday was finally a day off for hubs, so we laid pretty low.  Grilled out for dinner, and did go for a really nice walk in a nearby park.  We did about 4 miles, so that was good.  I did laundry so hubs would have what he needed for the next leg of this trip.

Looking forward to the weekend.  We are headed up north to Mackinac Island.  Our middle son and his gf will be there too, so that will be fun.  Will be nice to have some time together!

Hope everyone has a great day!  Check in and post about what you are doing when you can!  Miss lots of you ladies, and wonder how you are!
Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25