Author Topic: Thrusday, November 20, 2014  (Read 1771 times)

Offline wrancher

Thrusday, November 20, 2014
« on: November 20, 2014, 06:23:24 AM »
Good morning

Offline Cheryl

Re: Thrusday, November 20, 2014
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2014, 06:26:22 AM »
Good morning!

I'm enjoying my coffee and having some computer time before getting ready to head out today.  My mother will be coming over in a little while and Emily & I are going with her to do a little shopping.  Well, she'll be shopping and I'll just be tagging along. ;)

We're having warmer temps today.  I am so glad for that because I'm a wimp when it comes to cold.  I just don't like it all.

Guess I need to run and get ready, so I'll talk to you all later.  Have a great day! :)
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline wrancher

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2014, 06:36:53 AM »
Today is chores in morning and bookwork/housework in afternoon. Ashley leaves for her fccla trip today so I will get boys after school, allison is spending night at friends to work on school project. Haven't hit her tourney schedule for this weekend yet. Tomorrow we are branding calves and. Giving shots to all the new ones. We will hire some help as I don't even know if I will be here. Lanes dr thought that he is having low blood sugar issues. We will see how that goes. My mom came and cleaned last of cupboards yesterday but left most of Tupperware out ugh. So I need to finish that as my table and counter are full.

Coffee time
Janice

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2014, 09:23:52 AM »
Good Morning Janice, Cheryl & all that follow!

I am sitting here wondering "Is it Spring yet"????  We got another 4 inches of snow or so last night.  That puts us around 24 inches, and guess what?-- It is SNOWING still!  I am really not a fan!  I ran to the store on Monday, and have not left my house since!  I am wondering if I will be able to get out any time soon.  (It's not that I CAN'T, it's more that I WON'T right now!!)

So, today I will do some dusting, vacuuming, and whatever else suits my fancy!  Laundry is done, so none of that, but maybe I will just climb under a blanket and find a movie to watch, a book to read or something like.

I have Beef Barbacoa in the crockpot using up leftover roast, so that is something accomplished!  Add some refried beans and a side veggie, and dinner will be taken care of.

Hope all you ladies have some sunshine to enjoy.  The sun is actually out here, so it helps a little bit.  The snow is actually quite beautiful, but a little too much and way too early!! 

Enjoy your day everyone!
Pam

Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2014, 12:30:33 PM »
So, I'm living the same life Pam is here in West Michigan BUT I have had to get out every day to go to work. Some days we had delays and were sent home early but not every day. It has been very slippery on the roads. There is a layer of ice underneath all the snow and some roads haven't had the plows come through yet and those are difficult to get through.

If this is a taste of what is yet to come, I just don't know if I can handle it. I guess getting older plays a role in all of this. But I'm not ready to retire since I'm not old enough!

Cooking for two is getting old also--it's good and it's bad. I never know what to cook for only two of us and then I really don't want to cook if there is just two of us. Hubby works afternoons into evenings so we both eat alone anyway since I work days. Today, I put a roast in the crock and I hope it is done in time for him to eat before work and that it's not burned for when I get home from work. I just don't think this is going to work.

But it looks like our oldest daughter will come home to live for her final semester at college this spring! The school she is student teaching at is closer to home than it is to school and will cut her driving distance a bit. I was liking the kids gone but I think I will like the company in the evenings while hubby is working.  I'll at least have someone to eat dinner with but then I will have to be very quiet while she does homework in the evenings.

Be safe everyone!
Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2014, 01:13:20 PM »
Oh Alice!  I don't envy you having to go out in this mess!  Glad you have been able to stay safe.

I know what you mean about the cooking for 2 getting old.  I have been trying to make something early in the week that I can re purpose into some other kind of meal later in the week.  It has helped some.

Could you do some kind of big cooking day on the weekend and make your own TV type dinners for the week?  That way you and hubby could just pull out a serving size meal and reheat it? 
It must be a challenge since you don't get to have dinner together.  Maybe once your daughter gets back home things will seem a little easier.  Good Luck!  And stay warm & safe!!
Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2014, 01:50:27 PM »
Good afternoon!

Beautiful day here, around 60 I think or getting there shortly.  We had it really cold earlier in the week but it has sure warmed up.  Max and I went for our usual Thursday hike, then ate a packed lunch and spent some time picking up trash in a couple areas of the Refuge.  I did not sleep much or well last night, only about 3 hours, so I catnapped for about 30 minutes after we got home.  Now having my coffee since I didn't have any this morning, then need to get a few things done around here before the kids come home. 

Earl has class tonight but is coming home for dinner so I need to have it ready in a rather narrow window of time.  Believe me, cooking for 7 every night is no joke either.  It's gotten next to impossible to have more than a serving or two leftover and my hubby takes that for lunch so there is no getting out of cooking again the next night.  I think I am just burnt out on cooking, period, and then adding in the gluten-free thing while short of money is rapidly making that worse.  Oh well, at least we all have food, right?  Guess I need to look at it that way.

Morgan's teacher texted me last night that she is student of the month for her class for this month.  I plan to go to the awards assembly tomorrow.  Morgan is my kid who struggles in school, much more so than the others, so this is a big deal for her.

Well, off to get a few things accomplished.  Hope all you ladies with snow can keep warm and snug.

Catherine

Offline Rooney

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2014, 08:21:16 PM »

Morgan's teacher texted me last night that she is student of the month for her class for this month.  I plan to go to the awards assembly tomorrow.  Morgan is my kid who struggles in school, much more so than the others, so this is a big deal for her.

Congrats to Morgan!  I soooo get how it is to have one that really struggles and how good it feels when they do well!  You gotta be proud, Cath!  Congratulations to Morgan and to her Mama! ;D ;)

Offline wrancher

« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2014, 06:39:13 AM »
When I read about Morgan's student  of the month I had warm fuzzies. Congrats to Morgan ! She should be proud.

Offline Proudmama

« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2014, 10:07:47 AM »
Yeah for Morgan!!  It makes me so happy when a teacher recognizes a student who struggles but works hard.  Morgan should be very proud of herself.  And you should be proud, too!

Denise

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2014, 11:03:39 AM »
Thanks, ladies.  Morgan does try hard and especially gets great "grades" in behavior.  She is very easily distracted so I wasn't sure how school would go for her.  We were both mentally exhausted when she was at home (for school).  This has been a good change and we are thrilled to see her reading improvement.  It's like the lightbulb came on with someone else teaching her.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 11:38:10 AM by greyhoundgirl »

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2014, 11:25:08 AM »
And all it takes is another, different teacher! There are so many different teaching styles and one doesn't work for all. I love that all students get an opportunity in the spotlight. Glad it's not always selected on academics either. Good for her!

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats