Author Topic: Friday, September 13, 2013  (Read 3416 times)

Offline Leahsgarden

• doTERRA Essential Oils
Friday, September 13, 2013
« on: September 12, 2013, 11:51:45 PM »
Friday is a rolling day for me!

-need to take a shower first thing
-midwife appointment at 10am, hopefully I can get more information about the vitamin D issue
-take Caleb to his gym class
-Chris is going to work on his thesis for several hours after I get back
-take a walk so my pelvis and hips don't get so grumpy

I can feel the baby working harder to get in the "right" position, I feel more pressure more frequently. Soon little one, soon. :)
...Leah
wife to Chris
Mommy to Caleb, Logan, & Josie

Offline Proudmama

Re: Friday, September 13, 2013
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2013, 05:00:49 AM »
Good morning!

Leah - I hope you got some sleep last night!

Zachary came home for a visit this weekend!  On Monday, it will be a month since we dropped him at school.  His school doesn't have a fall break so he would not have been able to come home until Thanksgiving.  I think when he thought about that it made him a bit homesick so he checked his schedule and decided that he wouldn't miss too much by coming home this weekend.  My MIL and Doug's aunt picked him up yesterday and will take him back on Sunday which is beyond generous of them since he is five hours away.  This morning, I am taking him out for breakfast so we can spend some time together.  I am so happy to have him home!

I don't have too much planned for today.  I have some peaches I need to get imto the freezer and some apple seconds I bought that I want to turn into applesauce.  I should also wash and hang up the bathroom towels and wash and dry the kitchen linens.

I don't think we have much planned for the weekend either.  It is supposed to cool down which will be wonderful.   I had to put on the AC the other day and I would love to turn it off.  I am sure Doug agrees with me!

Dinner tonight is homemade pizza and salad.  I think Madelyn's friend is eating here and Zachary's girlfriend may be here, too.  I may make a salsa dip to have with tortilla chips just to make sure I have enough food to feed everyone.

Have a wonderful day!

Denise

Offline Cheryl

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2013, 05:42:19 AM »
Leah - sounds like you're going to be busy today! :)

Denise - enjoy your weekend with Zachary!

I don't have much planned today.  I need to cut up more peppers and get them in the freezer.  I have some more laundry to put away, but that is never-ending. ;)  My oldest wants me to go shopping with her sometime today, but I don't want to spend any money.  I think I'll just go along for the ride and keep the 2 little ones occupied while she shops.  School with Emily, general straightening up around here, and that'll be my day.  :)
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline mooremama

• Sam and the boys
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2013, 06:03:26 AM »
Good morning.

Today is my rolling day too.  Evan and I will be going to the bank, the Town Hall to pay the water bill,  Dollar Tree, Big Lots, Aldi and WalMart.  I have my deposit ticket and lists made so hopefully it will be a very organized morning out. 

Sam works both jobs today, Aaron's weekend off starts today so he's hunting, Caylon is at work and Lainey is at school.  Whew!! 

Tonights supper will be something easy.  I'm thinking maybe a pizza from Aldi. 

Gotta scoot...time for Downy in the wash and I need to get Sam up. 

Beth
Beth in western NC
Wife of Sam for 27 years,
Mother of Aaron (26) and Caylon (24)
MIL to Bo
Nan to Lainey Beth (7), Stephen Holden (3) and Samuel Evan (2)
Furmama to Bonnie and Jake
Barnyard Mama to 2 goats, 3 turkeys and oodles of chickens.

Offline Alana

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2013, 06:17:28 AM »
Good morning :).
I am going to have a pretty quiet day today!  2 of my daycare kiddies are home today so I only have 3 littles today :D.  This also means that during nap time out bedroom will be free of sleepers so I can finally organize it!!  The master seems to be a dumping ground for everything in the house :o and since the babies sleep in there during the week it is one of the hardest places for me to keep on top of!  So happy to be able to get to that today :)
I also need to get my grocery list and meal plan for the next two weeks and put all of my laundry away.
We have a surprise anniversary party to go to tonight so I am making ham and cheese sliders for the kids for dinner and I need to make a salad for the party.

Have a great day everyone!!
Loving the country life in Canada!
Married to Sean
Mom of Brandon 20, Joshua 16, Evan 14 & Alyssa 11
Daycare 'mom' to 5 toddlers

Offline luv2bmom

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2013, 06:45:18 AM »
Good morning ladies,

Thankful this morning for the new, safely delivered baby boy to my niece yesterday!  Asher Michael is beautiful and our family is so happy for them!

My best friend asked me the other night if we would be interested in a male cat, his owner is looking for him a new home as he has to move & not able to take him.  Coby and I talked it over and we said yes, not for sure when he will arrive, he's lives over an hour away but I will go get all the supplies I need for him today!  He's declawed, neutered & up to date on vaccinations too. 

We are going to a local street fair tonight with Brinly, she is so excited to have papaw with her to ride the kiddy rides! 

Have a good day and God Bless!
Pixie, wife to Coby
mother to Megan, Amanda
and to our beloved late son Braden
Baboo to Mont, Ada, Brinly and Brielle
mil to Warren and Marcus

Offline Andrea G

• no better thing under the sun
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2013, 07:45:32 AM »
Everyone sounds so busy today! I am not planning on going anywhere today.  I need to make salsa today, never got that far yesterday. Other than that I would like to go through my fabric and sort it.  I want to start a log cabin quilt in the very near future.  Also school with Julie, vacuuming and such.

Pixie. congratulations on your new nephew! I love his name :)

Alana, enjoy your quiet day!

Beth, have fun with your errands. I am tired just reading your list of stops =D

Cheryl, enjoy your day shopping :)

Denise, that is awesome that Zachary is home for a visit.  Five hours away, I guess he won't be able to do that often. Have fun :)
Leah, hope the baby gets into position soon:)

Have a blessed day, everyone! :)
Loving life in southern Ontario
Wife to David, Mom to Kate, Paul, Matt and Julianne

Offline Shelly

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2013, 08:52:54 AM »
Good morning!

We were up late last night so we slept in this morning which always makes it a crazy morning.  I'm sitting down to eat a bit now before jumping back in.  We were up late because we were hitting case lot sales last night.  I scored some steel cut oats, 23 pounds worth for a little under $1 a pound.  We go through a LOT of oatmeal, usually 7-8 cups per week.  So, I'm super happy. 

On my list today:

make cereal (this keeps getting pushed off)  :o
dishes and table cleaned off from breakfast
dry and fold diapers
put all the cans we bought away
clear off counters and wipe down
make bread mixes for the next couple months
make brownies for tonight
general tidying - it's gotten pretty messy in here
I'd like to clean the microwave, but not sure I'll have the time.

Dinner will be leftovers most likely. 

Have a great weekend!
Wife to Trevor for 16 years and SAHM to Maisie (4) Liam (4) Aedric (1) Harold (1)

Offline wrancher

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2013, 09:21:30 AM »
Good Morning

Had neighbors stop by with some tomatoes, cucumbers and zuchinni. Yeah! So DH and kids just left to go sex calves. That means heifers in one pasture, steers in another. They moved them home yesterday afternoon and got home at 7:30 last night.  I am fixin to go to a funeral dinner that I need to serve for our church. I will work 11-1 I wrapped a bridal shower gift to leave off as I will be gone this weekend and getting my nephews wedding gift wrapped(a cooler, hard to wrap) I need to straighten up camper and get it loaded for nephews wedding. We are just camping overnight and so I am making a breakfast casserole for my crockpot to plug in. When I come home from funeral dinner I will head out to finish baling hay. On the last patch finally after I got alot done yesterday, I just made a crab salad and need to go switch clothes around.  So just another day in paradise. HA I think DD will be home from college tonight also but will leave right away on Sunday as she has some tests or something. Better go get sympathy card ready.

Have a great day

Janice

Offline Rooney

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2013, 12:06:06 PM »
Good morning!

We were up late last night so we slept in this morning which always makes it a crazy morning.  I'm sitting down to eat a bit now before jumping back in.  We were up late because we were hitting case lot sales last night.  I scored some steel cut oats, 23 pounds worth for a little under $1 a pound.  We go through a LOT of oatmeal, usually 7-8 cups per week.  So, I'm super happy. 

On my list today:

make cereal (this keeps getting pushed off)  :o
dishes and table cleaned off from breakfast
dry and fold diapers
put all the cans we bought away
clear off counters and wipe down
make bread mixes for the next couple months
make brownies for tonight
general tidying - it's gotten pretty messy in here
I'd like to clean the microwave, but not sure I'll have the time.

Dinner will be leftovers most likely. 

Have a great weekend!
Shelley
You are making me tired reading  your list today.  It is a beautiful 75 degrees and sunny here today.  I may let the oldest 6 out in the backyard to play and get a little vacuuming done.  Supper is mostly leftovers.  That will be about it for me today.