Author Topic: Cleaning a carpet  (Read 826 times)

Offline 4kidsmom

Cleaning a carpet
« on: November 24, 2014, 07:51:47 AM »
Hi ladies!

Last week I wrapped some ground beef to put in the outside freezer.  I put it and some frozen pork into a bag to take outside.  When I went downstairs, something (can't remember what now) had to be taken care of so I put the bag down on the floor to take care of whatever-it-was----and forgot about the bag!  It sat there for several days until we noticed the smell (Can't believe it took that long to smell it).

A lot of the juices have soaked into the carpet.  We have a Little Green Machine and cleaned it as best we could.  We have put a heavy layer of baking soda on the area and have left it overnight.  I will vacuum it up this morning. 

I'm not sure what else to do to clean the carpet.  I am afraid I will have to pull it up and cut out the padding.  Luckily it's not that big of an area so it shouldn't be too hard/expensive to replace.  Anything else I should do to clean the carpet so it's clean and doesn't smell?

Merilee

Offline Cheryl

Re: Cleaning a carpet
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2014, 05:39:01 AM »
How did it turn out after you vacuumed it?

I think I'd pull the carpet up a bit and look at the padding underneath.  If the juices soaked through, I'd go ahead and cut out the area that was stained, otherwise I'd worry about the smell remaining.
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn