Author Topic: Wednesday, November 26, 2014  (Read 1334 times)

Offline wrancher

Wednesday, November 26, 2014
« on: November 26, 2014, 05:48:22 AM »
Good Morning

Offline wrancher

Re: Wednesday, November 26, 2014
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2014, 05:58:04 AM »
We had a surprise when we got home last night from Allisons game.  Megan was home from college. I thought she was coming Thrusday morning because of work. So nice for me as I can stay in house and actually get ready for THanksgiving.  I will need to run the kids into school as Ashley has already left for basketball practice. I need to make sure I dont need anything as Ashley will bring all the kids after school as no practices and they get out at 1:30.  So I will not list what I have to do as it would scare me! The good news is the kids can help at 2.  I am just praying this bunch of calves stayed in last night. They are very spooky for some reason. Some critter I am sure. I want to sit up a camera. ha. Need to check on turkey in walk in and see if it is thawing out. And I need to finish billing

Offline Cathie

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2014, 06:33:34 AM »
Good Morning ~

Good morning Janice ~ enjoy having your family home and have a wonderful day preparing for your holiday!  :-*

I have a huge list to do today all before swim and still make a 12 year old feel special on her day   ;) the joys of parenting.  I need to write all this stuff down that is floating around in my head or I am never going to remember.  ;)

We had our Thanksgiving feast yesterday at the daycare so that was fun.  Some kids are so funny  ;)

I need to take some extra vitamins this morning - lots of kids sick at the daycare and I am feeling kinda blah.

I desperately need to clean my kitchen - a tornado has gone through there.  I have fondue crap everywhere from last night.  We did cheese fondue for my daughter.  Her birthday is today but with swim I simple can not coordinate a fondue dinner with leaving at 4:30 and not getting home till after 8:30 at night, so last night it was.  She loved it so all good ;)

Well best be off.  Enjoy your day everyone and have a Happy Thanksgiving  ;D

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2014, 06:42:32 AM »
Good morning!

Feeling better today after an exhausting day yesterday.  Paycheck was in the bank yesterday so I decided to get the errands over with.  Micah stayed home from school with a bad cough but I couldn't leave him home, so he had to go with Max and me.  We went to Aldi (the sweet potatoes and onions were still on sale yesterday), the PX (coat shopping), the commissary, ran home long enough to put the cold stuff away then left right away for Max's music class.  Came home from that for just a few minutes and brought in the non-cold groceries, then left to get Morgan and Mal.  Went to get gas, by the bank for cash, and to the bakery for some gluten-free treats.  Got Braum's burgers for the four younger kids for dinner as Maddy went with a friend to an out of town game.  My friend contacted me...I had arranged to buy Oklahoma pecans that her son is selling for  school fundraiser so ran to W-mart parking lot for that.  Yesterday was the heavy cycle day for me on top of that so I was whupped by days' end.

Today, well.  House needs some help.  Kids are all home so will enlist their help.  I plan to go walk as soon as Maddy gets home (She spent the night with the friend and will come home when friend goes to work at 9).  Need to wash my sheets and another couple loads since I did no laundry the past two days.  Still waiting to hear what I am supposed to take to the dinner we will attend tomorrow.  Will probably work on my gluten/grain-free pecan pie at least in the meantime so I'll have a dessert.  Need to figure out the brine for our turkey and what day we plan to have it for sure. 

Janice, what a nice surprise!  Glad you got some chores off your plate and can get your house stuff done.

Cathie, Happy Birthday to Sammie!  Hope you stay well.

Catherine

Offline sbdriver

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2014, 06:48:10 AM »
Good morning ladies.

It's cold here this morning and calling for snow and it sure feels like it. I have a few errands to run this morning as nothing got done last week. Hope the snow holds off till then.

Off to work so have a great day!
Laurie
Many hands make light work

Offline Cathie

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2014, 06:49:23 AM »
Wow Cath ~ crazy day  :o :o :o

Thanks for the birthday wishes for Sammie  ;)

grain free pecan pie?? talk to me  ;D

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2014, 06:53:12 AM »

Here you go.  This does not have a crust but you could probably add a GF one if you will miss it.  Also, if you don't have coconut sugar, I really think brown sugar will be fine.  http://www.mamanatural.com/grain-free-pecan-pie/

Offline Cathie

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2014, 06:55:39 AM »

Here you go.  This does not have a crust but you could probably add a GF one if you will miss it.  Also, if you don't have coconut sugar, I really think brown sugar will be fine.  http://www.mamanatural.com/grain-free-pecan-pie/

Awesome!!! Thanks so much :-* :-* :-*

Offline MoWin

• My Blog
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2014, 09:06:54 AM »
Good morning ladies,
   I need to leave for work in a bit. Today is grocery day at the care center and I will put things away, then stay for my normal shift. I should have several hours in this pay period.  ;) Just talked to mom and she said she was feeling better. Her friend is taking her shopping today, so she is happy.
   We decided not to go to Cath and Jeremy's tomorrow. Jeremy just got out of the hospital. He was having chest pains. Things checked out ok, but he is supposed to have a stress free weekend. I just don't want to add to his stress. Even though I know he loves us, having your inlaws over is stressful.  :D They think he has sleep apnea and it is stressing his heart. He is a type A personality and business man. He is always under stress. I know this scared our daughter really bad. Please say a prayer that they can figure out for sure what his chest pains are all about.
  So it will be a very relaxed and laid back day for us. We are having chicken breasts, mashed potatoes and gravy, home canned green beans, biscuits and pumpkin pie. Kevin wants to help me cook. I think we will visit my mom for a while in the afternoon. I need to start spending more time with her.
   So I will probably pop in here for a bit tomorrow, but I am saying this just in case----- 
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!
Blessings,
Winona
Winona in northwest Missouri
Wife to Kevin
Mom to Carolyn, Cathryn, Isaiah, Hazel, and Jon
Grandma to Ashton, Ava, Noah, Izabella, and Maddison
Furbabies: Aeris, Buddy, and Callie

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2014, 11:18:27 AM »
Oh, my! What a crazy start to the Thanksgiving long weekend.

Took my dad to his post-op visit yesterday and he's doing wonderful! Then his list included getting some finger prickers for my mom's diabetic tests, a Christian bookstore, the glasses store because he sat on his glasses and then visiting a good friend in a nursing facility, the home for him. Then mom and I went to the bank and to the grocery store. After dropping her off at home, I went home to eat lunch then get youngest daughter from college to a dermatologist and then home with her for the long weekend. Within a few hours, she was gone again to go dancing! Two and half hours later, the two oldest kids drove home for the long weekend. The moment they came in the house, everything came ALIVE! The cats didn't recognize the kids and were hiss and growling and running around like maniacs. They settled down and hubby then came home from work and I don't even know when youngest came home from dancing! Someone didn't turn the lights off when they went to bed so the lights were on when I got up this morning!

The good thing is that hubby and I both work today but then we ALL get the long weekend off! I think all three kids will have to study because the semester ends on Dec. 8 and then they have a week of exams so I know this won't be a goofing around weekend for them. No one is going Christmas shopping this weekend either.

Time to relax!

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving everyone!

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats