The Craft Room > Christmas Club

22 days (plus a little)

(1/7) > >>

Cathie:
so with Christmas Eve being your last official day ........................ how's it going?

:: I have decided to make the kids at the daycare Scottie dogs http://allsorts.typepad.com/allsorts/2006/05/softie_scotty_d.html
Mine won't be a nice as hers (she has made sewing skills) and I didn't buy the good felt, I am just using what I have on hand

:: St Nick day is Saturday so I have the chocolate and I am going to make a run to the dollar store and buy warm gloves and possible warm socks we will see

:: I have decided to fancy write me Christmas cards this year instead of printing out a plan old label

:: I ordered my photos to go in them and they should be here by next Monday so I need to figure out stamp costs so I can buy them

:: still have bought my kids nothing  :(

:: need to pull out all my tote stash in basement and see if I have something I can give them. 

:: stockings - wondering if I have material to make smaller stockings - I really don't want to fill them but they don't want me to get rid of them either - need to think on this one

MissMandy:
I think I'm doooooone!!!  I am headed into the city to the mall with mom tomorrow, and will pick up little stocking stuffers for Jean, but everything from this point is just small and extra - candy, magazine, etc.  Everyone else is bought for.  Nothing is wrapped, but our tree isn't up yet, and to be honest, I'm not sure I trust Grimm enough with all of those tasty treats and that enticing paper under the tree!

The hard part for me this year is everything else.  I still haven't done ANY decorating; haven't even brought the stuff down from the attic :o.  It's so hard to be up for long periods of time with my hip, so I'm barely keeping up with normal house stuff, much less anything extra!  The tough part is, I am hosting our church girls' ('The Ya-Yas) monthly get-together on the 12th, so I need to make this place at least a little bit festive 8).  Everyone else hosts a couple of times a year, and I only host once, but I host the big Christmas gathering with a ham dinner, cookie exchange, ornament exchange, and goodie bags for everyone, so I don't want to slack!  It's OK, it will get done.

How's everyone else doing?

M

wrancher:
Cathie _ love your scottie dog. It is actually our school mascot so am thinking of making some for the kids friends?! Not sure But I thought I could write the kids name on dog or collar.

I actually ordered my christmas card :o ;D I am usually so behind on this! When Megan was home we did the quickest ever picture (pretty rustic, redneck whatever but it is  a picture)  then yesterday I barely had any time but I  saw something for christmas card from sams club 100 for $15. I had a hard time trying to get it to go through but last night around 10:30 I did it on my phone. Yesterday was the last day.Last year I never got a card out So when I go to the city this weekend I can pick them up! so proud of myself. Ha  I hope to decorate these naked trees tonight and hang lights outside. 

Rooney:
Need to buy a gourmet coffee for a gift.  I am not a coffee drinker so don't begin to know what is good.  Any suggestions?  Something you have tried that was good?   

MissMandy:

--- Quote from: Rooney on December 02, 2014, 01:02:54 PM ---Need to buy a gourmet coffee for a gift.  I am not a coffee drinker so don't begin to know what is good.  Any suggestions?  Something you have tried that was good?

--- End quote ---

Coffee grounds?  Beans? K-Cups?  If you can, check out Bed, Bath, and Beyond.  Last time I was in there they had a cute display at the front of coffee items, including K-Cups arranged into a holiday tree and a gingerbread house (adorable!), but I believe they also had non-Keurig items there as well.  I feel like coffee preference is one of those things that's so personal, it might just be best to go with something generic, or a variety.

M

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version