Author Topic: 22 days (plus a little)  (Read 8697 times)

Offline Proudmama

Re: 22 days (plus a little)
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2014, 11:13:45 AM »
Other than a one thing for Corey and a few stockings stuffers, we are finished!!!  There aren't as many presents for everyone this year but everything was bought with a lot of thought and consideration so I think everyone will be happy.  And, if not, well I guess that is just too bad.  😄

Doug wrapped a few presents on Saturday night and is hoping to finish up this week.

I think this may turn out to be the most relaxed and calm we have ever been as it gets closer to Christmas.  Given the situation with my back, that is a very good thing!

Denise

Offline sbdriver

« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2014, 12:04:16 AM »
I have all the gifts bought just need a few more stocking stuffers. I still have everything to wrap though  ;)

No tree or decorations up here yet either which is almost 2 weeks behind for us. It's hard to be in the festive mood with my kids just losing their dad but I want to keep it as normal as possible for them so I need to get at it soon.

Mandy my oldest daughter never puts a tree up cause her curious cat knocks everything over  :o She does the lights on her wall in the shape of a tree. Sounds very freeing not having to worry about a tree though and your decorating will be wonderful I'm sure.

Oh still have my baking to do as well. Asked Zachary what he wanted for sure and he told me 3 things so as long as I get those done for him I'll be happy. The more I make the more stress I have AND I eat more  ;)

We will get there everyone  :)
Laurie
Many hands make light work

Offline mooremama

• Sam and the boys
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2014, 08:01:28 AM »
We put up our tree Sunday afternoon. I chose to use our 3 foot tall tree and we sat it on an end table so it's up off the floor which helps keep the boys from messing with it. It's pre-lit and we let Holden go crazy with the ornaments so decorating it was a pretty painless procedure. I HATE to decorate a tree so I'm happy that a 3 year old did it for me. 😃

I have a few simple sweet treats to make and a run of Chex mix and that will be it for my baking.

I'm keeping everything here really simple this year. Aaron has a girlfriend and they will be spending time with her family and Caylon will be with Bo's family a lot over Christmas so my role of being the one to make Christmas "perfect" is ending. It is really nice to transition into the grandparent role and let my adult children take over the chaos of Christmas with small children.

Beth
Beth in western NC
Wife of Sam for 27 years,
Mother of Aaron (26) and Caylon (24)
MIL to Bo
Nan to Lainey Beth (7), Stephen Holden (3) and Samuel Evan (2)
Furmama to Bonnie and Jake
Barnyard Mama to 2 goats, 3 turkeys and oodles of chickens.

Offline Cheryl

« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2014, 08:10:54 AM »
We put up our tree Sunday afternoon. I chose to use our 3 foot tall tree and we sat it on an end table so it's up off the floor which helps keep the boys from messing with it. It's pre-lit and we let Holden go crazy with the ornaments so decorating it was a pretty painless procedure. I HATE to decorate a tree so I'm happy that a 3 year old did it for me. 😃

I have a few simple sweet treats to make and a run of Chex mix and that will be it for my baking.

I'm keeping everything here really simple this year. Aaron has a girlfriend and they will be spending time with her family and Caylon will be with Bo's family a lot over Christmas so my role of being the one to make Christmas "perfect" is ending. It is really nice to transition into the grandparent role and let my adult children take over the chaos of Christmas with small children.

Beth

YES, YES, YES!!!!!!!!!! 

You have put everything I've been thinking and feeling into words.  I like the slowing down and taking it easy.
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline mooremama

• Sam and the boys
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2014, 10:02:52 AM »
Me too Cheryl, me too.   :)

Beth
Beth in western NC
Wife of Sam for 27 years,
Mother of Aaron (26) and Caylon (24)
MIL to Bo
Nan to Lainey Beth (7), Stephen Holden (3) and Samuel Evan (2)
Furmama to Bonnie and Jake
Barnyard Mama to 2 goats, 3 turkeys and oodles of chickens.

Offline Cathie

« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2014, 02:08:48 PM »
FYI ~

I moved Christmas to February 25

this mama has had it

Offline Rooney

« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2014, 03:31:25 PM »
FYI ~

Ummmmm........is this a petition? LOL ;D

Offline Cathie

« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2014, 06:26:48 PM »
FYI ~

Ummmmm........is this a petition? LOL ;D

nope I voted, this is a dictatorship get on board  ;)

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2014, 07:27:13 PM »
Finished shopping today aside from one gift card and one gift.  Tried to buy the gift card (from a local bakery/coffee shop) but they were out and have to print more so I will need to stop back.  It's on the way to Max's school so no biggie.  The other item can be ordered online though I am waiting on a final confirmation from the person's sister as to whether someone else has bought this already.

Still need to put up the tree this weekend, now that the floor is done.  Lots of baking planned over the next two weeks.  Bought lots of supplies at Aldi today and thought I'd let the girls (all the kids, really) have fun doing some baking once school gets out.

Offline Cheryl

« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2014, 06:10:42 AM »
All I have left to do is wrap a few small items.  We didn't put up a tree this year.  With new flooring being installed and a new kitten in the house, it seemed like too much trouble. :-\
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline MissMandy

• ♥ Summer 2015 ♥
    • The Finstad Homestead
« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2014, 03:14:15 PM »
I finished today (I hope)!  I also hope that none of you were planning on shopping at Target anytime soon, because I bought them out.  All of it :o

Yesterday - bought all of the groceries for the girl's night party I'm hosting tomorrow. Finished with a few small items for their goodie/gift bags.  Bought an ornament for the ornament exchange.

Today - I bought all of the gifts for the two kiddos we pulled off of church's angel tree, the rest of Jean's stocking stuffers, and all of the gift/cookie bags for the cookies exchange at tomorrow's party. I've got my last batch of cookies in the oven for the cookie exchange (baked a total of 84 cookies :o).  Got my last two Christmas cards in the mail today.  The only two packages I had to mail arrived at their destinations today.

Tomorrow - I pick up two things from Jean's CrossFit box (gym) that my parents are buying him (I'm just the pick-up/delivery girl) and drop off the angel tree gifts.  Then, it's nothing but cleaning, cleaning, and more cleaning as I whip this house into shape by 5PM when the ladies start arriving.  12 of us in all, and I can maybe cram 10-11 in my living room if someone sits on the ottoman.  Yikes!  Pray for me.

Mandy
« Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 03:15:44 PM by MissMandy »
Mandy, wife to Jean, furmama to Irish Wolfhound Grimmauld (Grimm), living in the mountains of Virginia.  Childless by circumstance and loving it! ♥

Offline Rooney

« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2014, 11:42:57 AM »
I am DONE shopping, except for a pack of hotwheels to go with one child's gift (a floor rug that is like a town with roads and streets on it).  I have 3 or 4 Christmas cards left to buy for friends and the paper to wrap with.  That's it!

Mandy, your get together sounds SOOO FUN!!! ;D

Offline sbdriver

« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2014, 09:18:29 AM »
Mandy are you including Grimm in that livingroom area  :o  :o  :o  If I was coming to see you I wouldn't care if I was sitting on the floor. It would be about having fun and being in your company  :)  :)
Laurie
Many hands make light work

Offline MissMandy

• ♥ Summer 2015 ♥
    • The Finstad Homestead
« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2014, 10:43:58 AM »
Mandy are you including Grimm in that livingroom area  :o  :o  :o  If I was coming to see you I wouldn't care if I was sitting on the floor. It would be about having fun and being in your company  :)  :)

Oh, I would LOVE to visit with you, and I know Grimm would as well!  To make things easier all around, I took Grimm to our beloved local kennel for the day.  We dropped him off around 10 yesterday morning, and I picked up him this morning.  That gave me all day yesterday to clean and prepare the food, not to mention not having to worry about him eating the ham off of the table or licking everyone's faces last night!  He was able to run and play with his other puppy friends instead of being sequestered in our bedroom.  For $28 I can get him his own 8'x10' room with a window, cot, and even his own TV!  It was worth it for the extra space and peace of mind :)

Mandy
Mandy, wife to Jean, furmama to Irish Wolfhound Grimmauld (Grimm), living in the mountains of Virginia.  Childless by circumstance and loving it! ♥

Offline fishermanwife

« Reply #29 on: December 13, 2014, 12:02:12 PM »
$28! Do you think they will let me make a reservation for myself? Lol I need a mini vacation after dealing with all the holiday and kid stuff.
Norma in Southeast Oklahoma. Wife to Steven, mommy to Abby 16, Keagan 14, Trenten 10, Ollie 7.