Author Topic: Thurs. Dec. 18th  (Read 2017 times)

Offline MoWin

• My Blog
Thurs. Dec. 18th
« on: December 18, 2014, 05:57:51 AM »
Good morning,
    We have about 2 inches of snow on the ground so far and it is still coming down. At least the wind is not blowing and it is 27*. Could be much worse. I think I may enjoy this snow since neither one of us have to get out on the roads today.  ;D
    Yesterday I went to town and got groceries and did laundry. I knew we had a winter storm coming in, so wanted to be prepared. It was kind of crazy in St. Joe, but I expected it. The week before Christmas is always crazy in town.
    Mom's procedure went well. Her heart is back in the right rhythm and she feels so much better. I went Tues. night and spent the night with her. Her doctor didn't think she should be alone that first night. We actually had a good time. I made mom stay up 2 hours past her bed time and watch the Voice finale with me. LOL We had a ball! Just as the show ended, her phone was ringing. Now mom always goes to bed shortly after 8 and everyone knows this. She was like, well who can that be? LOL I answered and it was Kevin. Can you believe that he watched the show too, even with me not at home? LOL He never liked it, but watched it with me anyway. I had told him just how I thought the final four would place. I nailed it and he wanted to tell me that I am good.  ;D That made mom and me both smile. I got up early yesterday and got all 10 of her meds planned out for the next week. I guess I will have to start going in weekly to do this for her instead of monthly. She just has too many to take to plan it out for a month. That is ok. It won't hurt me to go see her weekly. My sister-in-law came yesterday afternoon and took mom to the store. I hope the rest of my family continue to help out with mom. It makes a big difference to me to have just a little help with her.  :)
   Well, better get my coffee. You all have a great day.
Blessings,
Winona
Winona in northwest Missouri
Wife to Kevin
Mom to Carolyn, Cathryn, Isaiah, Hazel, and Jon
Grandma to Ashton, Ava, Noah, Izabella, and Maddison
Furbabies: Aeris, Buddy, and Callie

Offline Cheryl

Re: Thurs. Dec. 18th
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2014, 06:16:05 AM »
Good morning, Winona and everyone.

Winona - that's good news about your mother and hopefully your other family members will continue to step up and help you out with her care.  That was sweet about Kevin calling you! :)  He knew you'd be up watching the show.  I hope you get to enjoy your snow.  It's always pretty but after a few hours I'm ready for it to melt! ;)

I'm sitting here enjoying my coffee while watching the cats play. They are so active in the morning but soon settle down and sleep all day.  It would be nice to be a cat occasionally.

Well, I'm off to read the boards and some blogs, then I'll do some housework and maybe some baking.  Supper tonight is barbecued chicken sandwiches and cole slaw.  Have a great day!
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2014, 07:13:57 AM »
Good morning!

Kids and dogs are at it this morning...what a madhouse!  Max just got up and wants a pajama day, so I sent him to take off his nighttime pull-up and put on shoes so we can take the others to school soon.  Not hiking today, more thanks to AF than anything.  I am working with a doctor on this (naturally minded DO/OB/GYN) but the heavy days are so unpredictable right now that I feel like I can't leave the house.  Probably more than you want to know but I want to be hiking, not here, even if it's just the short "family friendly" hike.  I've been home pretty much all week, which is good in some ways, but making me a little stir crazy without my walks/hikes.  I am hoping to go next week at least a time or two.

I ended up baking a batch of cookies yesterday, macaroons with chocolate chips and chopped maraschino cherries.  These things are delicious (and dangerous)!  Maybe I'll make a batch of something else today...we will see, since Max is home.  Earl and I got our wrapping done for the kids last night, other than a couple things my mom is having sent here.  Earl has class tonight, so maybe today or this evening I'll wrap his stuff.

Dinner tonight is meat loaf patties, some sort of potatoes, and a veggie.

Catherine

Offline Linda

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2014, 07:52:24 AM »
Good Morning, wow i made it here early today...
 We also have a couple of inches of snow on the ground... its so pretty...hope we get more before the winter is over.
Today i get to go have my mammogram and i will come home,wrap a few gifts,it will be a quiet day as Nick will be sleeping.
Sleeping schedules are nuts in this house...but we make it work.

Winona-that is so sweet that Kevin called... glad your Mom is doing well

Catherine-that AF sure gets around doesn't she..lol lol.. the cookies sound so good.

Cheryl- enjoy those kitties... i sure love mine...

Offline MissMandy

• ♥ Summer 2015 ♥
    • The Finstad Homestead
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2014, 09:25:14 AM »
Good Morning!

Winona: It sounds like things are really coming together with your mom!  I just had to smile at the story about Kevin's call.  You two are just the CUTEST!

Cheryl: Oooh...BBQ chicken.  You may have just planned our dinner for tonight.  Enjoy!

Catherine: Hope you get to feeling better, or at least less stir crazy!

Linda: Be safe out there in the snow! Love ya!

Quiet day around here.  It feels like I've been running around a lot lately ('tis the season, right?), so I'll take it!  Yesterday mom went with me to get the first steroid injection in my hip.  The doctor's office is about an hour and a half from here, so we made a day of it, shopping in the huge town/shopping center adjacent to the hospital and having lunch.  It was a lot of fun!

Today is a working day, but it looks like I have knocked out most of my to-do list already and it's only 11AM, so that's encouraging.  I also desperately need to do laundry!  We have a HUGE mound of laundry that sweet Jean washed and dried when i wasn't getting around well, and it's now piled on the guest bed, so most of my task today will just be folding and putting away.

Mom and I are headed to the next big town tomorrow for what will hopefully be our last Christmas shopping venture!  Honestly, most of tomorrow's errands are just grocery-related, but I'm expecting the stores to be 'Christmas busy'.  Jean and I are hosting a Christmas Eve brunch on Wednesday (that is really just a front for a 1st birthday party for Grimm 8)!), and I need to pick up a few grocery items for that, plus the usuals - dog food, paper towels, garbage bags, etc.  Speaking of Grimm, he's famous (well, famous in our little tiny town).  We walked in the Christmas parade last Saturday and made the paper (photo attached) - even above the photo of Santa and Mrs. Claus!

Hope all of you ladies have wonderful days on your homesteads!

Mandy
Mandy, wife to Jean, furmama to Irish Wolfhound Grimmauld (Grimm), living in the mountains of Virginia.  Childless by circumstance and loving it! ♥

Offline wrancher

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2014, 09:31:26 AM »
Good morning

Our alarm went off at 1 instead of 5 and didn't notice it was 1.  I was like man I am still tired but better get going.  Started laundry, reset the furnace, made a pot of coffee and noticed the time on stove.  Ugh I better get back to bed.  Today I will go into my moms to wrap packages. That is where I store them so nobody peaks.  I will do some house straightening and usually chores before I go.  I hope to mix up some cookies today to bake tomorrow.  Kids get out tomorrow at 1:30 for Christmas break.  Can't wait. I think I am changing craft day to Saturday.  Allison will now have 2 home games on Sunday. 

Coffee on run..
Janice

Thought I posted this from iPad was reading on computer like where is my post ugh

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2014, 09:32:56 AM »
Mandy, I hope the injections help, and quickly!  Can I have your autograph, and Grimm's?  ;)

Janice, oh no!  I hope you get more rest tonight.

Offline Rooney

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2014, 10:57:16 AM »
Hi everyone.

Sounds like everyone has been busy this morning.  Not me, and I really don't see much getting done either.  I don't know, I just feel kinda yuck, stomach-wise, like I might be trying to catch something.  Hoping it will start getting better instead of worse.  Still have laundry that has to be done though.  Still waiting on some things to get delivered and will need to wrap that, but it can wait.  Maybe I can talk the kids into some Christmas movies this afternoon.

Janice, Did you say 1, like 1AM, yikes you got up before I make it to bed some days.

Winona, so glad things are working out....all around.

Cheryl, we were supposed to get snow today too, but looks like it skipped us.  Enjoy, snow is so pretty.

Mandy, hope the shot helps.  You can really see how big Grimm actually is in that picture.  Looks like he is posing for his pic.

Linda, enjoy your snow too.

Have a good day.

Lindsay

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2014, 11:06:00 AM »
Aw, Lindsay, sorry you're not feeling well.  I hope the kids will cooperate and you can get some rest and get to feeling better.

Offline Rooney

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2014, 02:31:19 PM »
Aw, Lindsay, sorry you're not feeling well.  I hope the kids will cooperate and you can get some rest and get to feeling better.

Thanks Catherine.  I am actually already feeling better.  I have been doing a high protein/lean meat and lots of fresh salads kinda diet lately. (Mediterranean)  I think the high iron content in the meat and leafy greens may have gotten to me.  This is mostly what I normally eat, but I think I might have gone with a little too much protein this week.  Stomach ache is about gone now.