Author Topic: Christmas meal menu  (Read 1135 times)

Offline Rooney

Christmas meal menu
« on: December 19, 2014, 07:46:05 PM »
If you are cooking your family get-together meal for Christmas, what is the menu you have planned?  Hoping to see some ideas I hadn't thought of.
My menu as of now:
roast (I have been saving 2 large roasts from our last cow for months)
potatoes (may do baked ones if I can come up with some large baking organic ones)
mac and cheddar cheese
buttered carrots
peas
fresh baked bread

I won't be having special desserts after this meal because I have another group of people coming over earlier in the day(brunch time)and will be serving treats and goodies at that.  I will just use the same things for desserts after the meal if they want them that we had at the mid-morning thing.  Planning for gingerbread cookies, chocolate dipped pretzels and possibly a cinnamon raisin coogan if I can get the recipe from a family member in time.

Offline greyhoundgirl

Re: Christmas meal menu
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2014, 06:40:31 AM »
We vary our Christmas dinner each year, depending on what we're in the mood for.  This year, so far, I've got:

Spiral-sliced ham
Cheesy potatoes (like hashbrown casserole but a bit more creamy)
Green bean casserole
Asparagus
Rolls
May do my family's fruit salad recipe
Cheesecake (maybe praline pecan)
Leftover b-day desserts and Christmas cookies and treats

Offline fishermanwife

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2014, 08:38:48 AM »
Abby and I are volunteering at the town luncheon Christmas day from 11 to 1 so I think I might do Christmas eve dinner  Then just leftovers on Christmas day, but I haven't asked hubby what he thought so not exactly sure but he usually say whatever lol. I picked up a smoked ham at Sams club and will have taters and green beans with rolls. Pecan pie and cookies for dessert and maybe cupcakes for the kids.
Norma in Southeast Oklahoma. Wife to Steven, mommy to Abby 16, Keagan 14, Trenten 10, Ollie 7.

Offline mom of 2 boys

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2014, 04:16:08 PM »
We are having prime rib, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, broccoli cheese rice casserole, fruit salad and jello salad.

Maleesa
Maleesa