Author Topic: Saturday, December 27. 2014  (Read 1796 times)

Offline wrancher

Saturday, December 27. 2014
« on: December 27, 2014, 06:11:49 AM »
Good Morning

Offline wrancher

Re: Saturday, December 27. 2014
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2014, 06:20:14 AM »
Getting ready to leave for allisons basketball tourney this weekend. Finish straightening house and dishes, laundry. Imagine that in a family of 7. I will take returns with me not sure we will have time but taking a box of consignment with me to leave off. Always good to get rid of stuff. Lane either has been staying up too much or something. He fell asleep at 5:30 last night and is still sleeping. No news here. Cold.ugh DH asked w4hat temp was this morning. I was like 40 feels like 34, He was like really? Thats what it says. opps That was Boston  we are 7 feels like -5. darn Ross and kids will entertain friends with hunting this afternoon. I am leaving them to figure out what to cook

coffee time
Janice

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2014, 07:19:56 AM »
Good morning!

We woke up to snow, totally unexpected.  Wasn't in the weather forecast last time I checked, though the cold front was.  Anyway, looks so pretty outside.  I lit my Frosted Spruce candle and plugged in the tree and am enjoying watching it.  It's supposed to end by around noon.

We hiked yesterday, knowing it would be much colder today, so the plan is to stay home today.  We have some decluttering in mind to work on.  Earl said he had a goal of taking a pickup load to the thrift store.  That seems a bit much to me with all we've gotten rid of already, but we'll see.  Each round we get rid of a bit more.

Yesterday, I put two smallish roasts in the crockpot going by a "recipe" from SkinnyMs website.  Lots of chopped garlic, some olive oil, beef broth, etc... .  Earl is shredding those for me now and that will be lunch, maybe in tortillas or possibly I'll make mashed potatoes.  Dinner will be white beans which I soaked last night, cooked later with the ham bone.  Good cold weather foods.  :)

Janice, "finish" laundry and straightening?  My thought is the only way to finish laundry is to have everyone stay home naked for a day.  :P  ;)

Have a great day!
Catherine

Offline MissMandy

• ♥ Summer 2015 ♥
    • The Finstad Homestead
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2014, 07:25:20 AM »
Good Morning!

Got up fairly early after my back and leg were hurting a bit through the night (the shots didn't work, which stinks, but at least it tells the doctors something about the origin of the pain).  Also, Jean stayed in the city last night after a late gig, and it's always different sleeping without him at home.  So, I finally got up around 7AM, made some breakfast and have been having some computer time.

Later today I plan to take Grimm to the dog park, and I've invited my brother and SIL to bring the nieces so they can run off some energy.  They aren't old enough to enter the actual fenced dog area, but there's a great path that follows alongside the river that they can ride their scooters on, as well as a big soccer field that they can run around in.  Later tonight we may get together with just my brother and SIL, depending on how much energy my parents have to babysit the littles.  We were thinking of inviting them over here to play a game, but we'll see. 

Not much else on the agenda today. I've got some laundry and basic cleaning to do, and I need to work on the menu for next week, since I've been out of menu planning over these past few crazy weeks.  I am also working on my 2015 resolutions! There are a few carry-overs from 2014 that didn't get done, as well as a few new additions, but nothing major and all in good fun :).

Hope you all have a wonderful day!

Mandy :)
Mandy, wife to Jean, furmama to Irish Wolfhound Grimmauld (Grimm), living in the mountains of Virginia.  Childless by circumstance and loving it! ♥

Offline MoWin

• My Blog
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2014, 07:42:10 AM »
Good morning ladies,
     We had some rain last night and it was supposed to change over to snow, but it never did. It is 28* right now. I noticed a few slick spots on the deck. Glad I don't have to get out today. We are trying to get the goodies eaten this weekend, so we can start fresh on Monday. My tummy is a little upset, so I think I will lay off the goodies for a bit, though. LOL I don't know whether to start a crochet project, a knit project, or a quilting project. Maybe I will just start all 3 so I don't get bored with any one project. LOL
    I have the yarn that was leftover from my Christmas projects all packed up and ready to go out to the storage shed. That means I have room for more yarn in here, right? LOL
    I want to say how blessed I am feeling. This year has been the worst year we have had in our whole marriage. It has just been one thing after another since last Jan. It started out with Kevin's mom getting sick. Then we lost her and found out we had to pay thousands for her funeral. Kevin turned 60 and struggled with that. Kevin lost his job. I started a job. Mom started having heart issues. I moved to town, then back home. Then our son had to have emergency surgery. Yep, I am ready for 2014 to be over and a fresh new start of 2015. Now the whole point of this paragraph is to tell you all how much you mean to me. You all have supported me, prayed for me, and encouraged me all year long. Thank you for all of this, plus the cards and gifts I have received from some of you. This has brightened what has been a very dark time for me. I will be forever grateful for the friendships I have formed on this board. You all rock.  8) I am praying that we all have an awesome 2015!
    Everyone have a great day.
Blessings,
Winona
Winona in northwest Missouri
Wife to Kevin
Mom to Carolyn, Cathryn, Isaiah, Hazel, and Jon
Grandma to Ashton, Ava, Noah, Izabella, and Maddison
Furbabies: Aeris, Buddy, and Callie

shedrinkzcoffee

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2014, 10:08:02 AM »
Good morning, ladies.

We are home from Nevada and we are going to have Christmas with just us today.  Ken and I are up and have had some coffee and crockpot breakfast casserole.  Trevor is up so we are waiting on Brandon to get up so that we can open presents.  I'm liking this age where they sleep in and don't wake up at 5am on Christmas morning, lol.  I just put in some cinnamon rolls for them. 

It was 56* in the house this morning so we turned on the heat for the first time. 

Dinner tonight is lasagna, salad and cherry pie for dessert.

Cathy - enjoy the snow!

Janice - hope you have a great day

Mandy - we need to get to the dog park too.  Always fun to watch the fur kids running around!

Winona - I'm also looking forward to 2015.  The last 5 months have been difficult.  2015 will be awesome!!!

Offline gaggleofseven

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2014, 10:52:28 AM »
Good morning! I join all of you hoping for a blessed 2015.

I woke up with a raging sinus headache. It's better now that I'm drinking coffee, but I'm still not moving quickly. Laundry is started and kitchen is tidied up. I'm going to start some chicken vegetable soup in the crock pot for dinner tonight. We have some leftover cake from Christmas, so that will be an easy dinner.

I started an afghan but the crochet hook was too small so I'm not happy at how tight the stitches are. I'm going to pull it out and start over with a larger hook size.

Blessings to you all.
Jennie
Jennie
There are so many beautiful reasons to be happy!

Offline sbdriver

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2014, 11:00:56 AM »
Oh Winona the same back to you <3 This year has been a hard one for me as well as you know. I will join you in looking forward to 2015 and a fresh new start  :)

Good morning ladies. I have some calls to make today that didn't get done on Christmas Day or Boxing Day for that matter lol. I want to get the recycled gift bags, tissue paper etc put back in the tote today and get that put away on the shelf. Next job for me is the tree either today or tomorrow. I want to be done with this year so don't want to leave it up till New Years.

Hope you all have a great day!!
Laurie
Many hands make light work

Offline gaggleofseven

« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2014, 06:30:07 PM »
I have started and taken out my afghan at least three times, and will give it another try tonight.

Winona, I think I'll take your approach and have a couple of projects going so I don't get too frustrated with any one of them.

Have a great evening!
Jennie
Jennie
There are so many beautiful reasons to be happy!

Offline Rooney

« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2014, 09:28:00 PM »

It was 56* in the house this morning so we turned on the heat for the first time. 

Yikes Erica! :o  You are a tough lady.  If my house was 56 degrees when I woke up, I think I would have to be thawed out every morning! ;D

shedrinkzcoffee

« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2014, 11:19:34 PM »

Yikes Erica! :o  You are a tough lady.  If my house was 56 degrees when I woke up, I think I would have to be thawed out every morning! ;D

Our power bill is over $200 without turning on the heat.. we're just scared to turn it on, LOL.

We need to have the meter checked.