Author Topic: Tuesday, January 6, 2014  (Read 1225 times)

Offline wrancher

Tuesday, January 6, 2014
« on: January 06, 2015, 06:54:15 AM »
Good morning

Offline wrancher

Re: Tuesday, January 6, 2014
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2015, 07:08:16 AM »
Heading to the city today for an appointment I just got yesterday.  When I called for appt she just had 2 cancellations for today otherwise in a month. Since Megan is still home she can do chores for me.  i also have returns to do.  I will try to do most of my stuff today even though I go Friday for kids orthodontist appts. I need to do a few things here before I leave.  I found Megan's keys she lost.  I was either going to have to drive to her college and get her other keys or have her car towed to town to get keys programmed. Ugh so glad I found them.   We were going crazy over that.  Finally got her books ordered so she just needs to get her oil changed in her car while she is home as she gets a 1st oil change free here even though it is a used car.  Better get hopping.

Coffee on the run..
Janice

Offline MoWin

• My Blog
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2015, 08:54:49 AM »
Good morning,
   It is a bit warmer today at 18*, but still feels pretty cold out. Tomorrow is supposed to be the coldest day of the week with our high being just 6*. I am so ready for spring.
   Today is just more of the same. I need to do some dishes, sweep, scoop the litter box and cook something. Winter is rather boring around here.  :D
   I am working with some Lionbrand homespun yarn. It is soft and pretty, but a pain to work with. I bought several skeins when it was on sale, so maybe I will get used to working with it.
   It is weird how our lives change. I used to do a lot of crocheting. Then I got into counted cross stitch. After that it was quilting. I do miss quilting, but right now I am back to crocheting. I have done a bit of knitting, but for some reason I cannot hold the yarn in my right hand like I am supposed to. It makes my knitting very slow and awkward. Maybe knitting just isn't for me. I do really enjoy crocheting.
   Well, I guess that is all for me. You all have a wonderful day and stay warm.
Blessings,
Winona
Winona in northwest Missouri
Wife to Kevin
Mom to Carolyn, Cathryn, Isaiah, Hazel, and Jon
Grandma to Ashton, Ava, Noah, Izabella, and Maddison
Furbabies: Aeris, Buddy, and Callie

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2015, 09:20:54 AM »
Good morning!

Just had my coffee and Bible reading.  All the kids who are supposed to be at school today are at school which leaves Max home with me.  We got Mallory to her early violin class, then the next round.  I've got laundry going, the kitchen cleaned up, main living areas swept, etc..., so sat down for paperwork, Bible reading, a bit of computer time, and maybe some fun reading after all of that.  I'm halfway through the book Homestead by Jane Kirkpatrick and really am enjoying it.  It's her true life story of their buying 150 acres in the boonies and building their house and homestead on it back in the early '80's.  I've liked everything I've read by her so far.  Her trilogy, Emma of Aurora, was recommended on a blog I really like called Memories on Clover Lane.

Max has music class at 2, but I plan to be home other than that.  Not sure about dinner yet.  I have 2 lbs of ground beef thawed so maybe meat loaf.  The kids always enjoy that.

Having trouble with this computer (the new one, which I switched to today)...somehow it keeps changing the font size but I am not sure what is doing it.  The keys feel funny, too.  Guess I will get used to it.

Janice, glad you all found the keys!

Winona, have you ever tried knitting Continental style?  I have crocheted since I was a little kid and could never get the hang of holding the yarn in my right hand for knitting, either.  Continental style works better for me.  I'm not terribly fast, but can get the job done that way.

Catherine

Offline auntotiti

• Charlotte Cait
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2015, 10:39:39 AM »
Good morning ladies,
Slept in which felt great.. now to get on with my day.
One bathroom to do and kitchen floor are on my for sure to do list.
Nolan will come and hang out one day...always enjoy having him..
I am going to try loaded potato soup for dinner.
Wishing you all a blessed day.
Married to mybest friend Mike 38 yrs
Sons Josh and Phil
Two beautiful sweet daughters in love
Three adored grands
Malyna, Nolan, Charlotte

Offline bobbie78

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2015, 11:26:25 AM »
Good afternoon, ladies.
It is really cold here and we got about 5 inches of snow overnight. All the schools are canceled and we cant get out of our driveway. We live really far back off the road. We could shovel it  I suppose, but we have nowhere to be and I'm satisfied with that ;)
I folded laundry this morning while watching the news. Afterwards I cleaned out the closet in the bedroom. My goodness, that was something. My hubby has more clothes than I do. He keeps holding onto them saying he's trying to lose weight and get back into them. Well that didnt work today. I told him when/if he loses weight, he can buy new clothes. But right now (and for the past 2 years) his weight is moving forward not backward and our space in this house is at a minimum so they have to go. He agreed :)  I also went through the linen closet and bagged up curtains, table runners, etc to give away. And the living room. I have a box for my mom with candles and stuff that I dont burn and dont need. I'm in a mood to get rid of things.  It feels good.
Now I'm getting ready to go make a pot of chili and then clean the kitchen. I also want to make a cinnamon crumb coffee cake. I like my chili with that coffee cake instead of crackers. But I havent ate it like that in a long time.  I'm going to today though :)
Winona, I admire your abilities. I have always wanted to quilt and crochet. I dont know how :( I so wish my grandmother was here to teach me. I have a hard time writing even, anymore though. My arms go numb. Same with typing at times. I think I may have carpal tunnel. :( Praying I dont.  And I am also ready for spring, too.  But it will get here soon enough. Seems time just flies anymore :) You ladies have a good day.
~Bobbie from southern Ohio. Living life with my partner, Chad and two furbabies Punkin and Jade.

Offline MoWin

• My Blog
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2015, 11:26:40 AM »
Cathy,
   Thank you so much for recommending the Continental way of knitting. I had always read that it is harder. Knitting is hard enough for me, so I sure did not want to add anything that would be harder for me. LOL Now why didn't I google it? I don't know, but I just watched a few YouTube videos on knitting the Continental way. I tried it. I still am a long way from being as fast as I am with crocheting, but I have crocheted for about 35 years. It does seem much more natural to me. I am working on a dishcloth. Those are my standard practice pieces. As soon as I get time to sit and relax, I am going to try knitting by the Continental way. I figure it can't be any slower and it is much less awkward. Thank you again. Sometimes I amaze myself in not seeing the obvious. LOL It takes a great friend, like you, to point it out to me. LOL
Blessings,
Winona
Winona in northwest Missouri
Wife to Kevin
Mom to Carolyn, Cathryn, Isaiah, Hazel, and Jon
Grandma to Ashton, Ava, Noah, Izabella, and Maddison
Furbabies: Aeris, Buddy, and Callie

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2015, 11:31:13 AM »
Cathy,
   Thank you so much for recommending the Continental way of knitting. I had always read that it is harder. Knitting is hard enough for me, so I sure did not want to add anything that would be harder for me. LOL Now why didn't I google it? I don't know, but I just watched a few YouTube videos on knitting the Continental way. I tried it. I still am a long way from being as fast as I am with crocheting, but I have crocheted for about 35 years. It does seem much more natural to me. I am working on a dishcloth. Those are my standard practice pieces. As soon as I get time to sit and relax, I am going to try knitting by the Continental way. I figure it can't be any slower and it is much less awkward. Thank you again. Sometimes I amaze myself in not seeing the obvious. LOL It takes a great friend, like you, to point it out to me. LOL
Blessings,
Winona

You're very welcome!  I hope it works for you with a little practice.

Offline Cheryl

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2015, 12:52:35 PM »
Good afternoon, ladies.

I have fallen into a terrible slump lately.  I am not sure what has gotten into me to make me feel so down.  Usually once the holidays are over I am looking forward to spring, but this year I feel blah. :-\
I literally cannot concentrate or stay focused on much of anything.

I will try my best to get over feeling like this. 

So far today I have moved the chickens into the barn so they'll be sheltered from the wind we're supposed to get tomorrow, swept the living room and kitchen, made a broccoli salad, helped Emily with school, washed and dried a load of laundry, loaded the dishwasher, and hand washed the dishes that didn't fit.  I need to fold and put away laundry and dust the living room but I actually want to just sit and read.

Supper tonight will be baked pork chops, leftover turnips, and butter beans for Tony & Emily.  I think I'll have the broccoli salad.
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline bobbie78

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2015, 03:04:48 PM »
Cheryl, broccoli salad sounds wonderful! I hope you get to feeling better.

Our truck had to go to the shop yesterday. We didnt have the money to fix it til now. Well, the mechanic called and said he got it fixed already and it was even less than we had thought. Woo hoo!

~Bobbie from southern Ohio. Living life with my partner, Chad and two furbabies Punkin and Jade.