Author Topic: Monday, January 12, 2015  (Read 1747 times)

Offline wrancher

Monday, January 12, 2015
« on: January 12, 2015, 06:17:05 AM »
Good morning

Offline wrancher

Re: Monday, January 12, 2015
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2015, 06:27:49 AM »
-10 feels like -20 below (feels like is with the windchill). Last day if cold.  Suppose to be 40s by the weekend.  Back on chore duty.  It will kinda feel good.  I will work on bookwork of course. Then normal house chores.  Laundry, dishes, picking up house.  Nothing exciting. 

Coffee time...
Janice

Offline Cheryl

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2015, 06:41:15 AM »
Good morning, Janice and everyone.

I'm just sitting here enjoying my coffee while listening to the rain.  Tony' s off work today so I think we're going to get out of the house and spend the day together.  I'm not sure what we will do, but we'll figure it out. :)

Janice, I bet the 40s will feel like a heat wave compared to the temperature today.  I'm a wimp when it comes to cold weather.  I don't like it at all.

Well, the roosters have been crowing for a while now, so I need to find an umbrella and make my way to the barn to feed all the chickens. 

I hope you all have a great day.
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline Linda

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2015, 08:23:45 AM »
Good Morning, nice and cold here this morning... but they say that after the snow on Wednesday, it will be in the 50's over the weekend..Thank goodness.. i don't mind the snow, but this bitter cold has been awful.
Been working on cleaning out dressers, drawers and closets... oh the stuff and junk we have..so there has been a lot thrown away... and i will continue to work on those today..
 i am catching the garden bug though...so ready to plant something.. may start some seeds soon.
Have a great day everyone....

Janice-stay warm.

Cheryl-hope you and Tony have a nice time today.

Offline MoWin

• My Blog
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2015, 10:52:51 AM »
Good morning, at least for another few minutes,  :D
    I finally finished all my Monday morning chores. I have potatoes and chicken breasts cooking in the oven and peas on the stove. We have apples, bananas, pears, or tangelos to choose from for dessert. Yes, we are back to cooking healthy.  ::) Seems like we start out a new year good, but then it disappears. Hoping to stick with it this year.
   I also finished dividing our meat and putting it in the freezer. I found some good deals at Greenhills, so stocked up. They had the skinless, boneless, frozen chicken breasts for $5.89 for 3 lbs. That is a good deal around here, so I picked up 3 packages. I also got some pork steak and hamburger that was on sale. It is now all safely divided into meal size portions and freezing.  ;D
   I am having some issues with back pain. I thought when I got up yesterday it was just because I had slept wrong, but it is still ouchy today. I normally have upper back pain and have just learned to deal with it, but this is lower back. I am hoping it goes away soon. I wonder if Callie is jumping up and down on my back during the night. LOL Not really!  :D
    Kevin went to refill our kerosene cans this morning and put a few more apps in. We got 15 gallons of kerosene for just under $60. Cheaper than it used to be, but still expensive.  :o We have a nice kerosene heater that we only use during the day and then it is on and off because it really heats up the little house in a hurry. This 15 gallons will get us through the winter and part of next winter or at least it should.  :) This saves on the electric bill.  ;)
   Well, I think dinner is about done, so I better get this posted. You all have a great day.
Blessings,
Winona

« Last Edit: January 12, 2015, 10:55:16 AM by MoWin »
Winona in northwest Missouri
Wife to Kevin
Mom to Carolyn, Cathryn, Isaiah, Hazel, and Jon
Grandma to Ashton, Ava, Noah, Izabella, and Maddison
Furbabies: Aeris, Buddy, and Callie

Offline bobbie78

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2015, 12:12:27 PM »
Good afternoon, everyone!
I've been doing better at getting to bed early and rising early as well. I do feel better about that. I've got lunch dishes to finish up and some kitchen duties to do. Need to work on some laundry as well.
Winona, we bought some kerosene Saturday.  We were expecting an ice storm and wanted to be prepared. We didnt have to use it after all. It was $4.39 a gallon here in our neck of the woods.  The storm came but wasnt near what was expected.  But we will use the kerosene to help with the electric, like you and Kevin as well. I hope your back feels better! I had an awful lower back pain a few years ago and went to the doctor for it. Turned out, I had a kidney infection. Praying you feel better soon.

Linda, I'm itching to start planting something, too. I hope we have an early spring this year!

Cheryl, do you have a lot of chickens? I love listening to roosters crowing in the early morning. Most mornings, I'm just getting into bed when I hear them. But not the case the past two weeks :)

Janice, just reading those temps you posted made me chill all over lol. Last week we had a high of 8.  The low was -4.  I added it up today, but forget now, I think we're 60 some days away from spring!

You ladies have a nice day! And stay warm!
~Bobbie from southern Ohio. Living life with my partner, Chad and two furbabies Punkin and Jade.

Offline wrancher

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2015, 12:50:09 PM »
Bobbie I love your prospective on things. Instead of thinking it is so cold think only 60 days till spring ;)

Offline bobbie78

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2015, 05:57:37 PM »
Yes, Janice. Gotta look at the brighter side, I guess. lol.  I used to love winter time...loved sledding and snowball fights. Then, I got old. :(   
~Bobbie from southern Ohio. Living life with my partner, Chad and two furbabies Punkin and Jade.