Author Topic: Another just for fun thread  (Read 1433 times)

Offline Cheryl

Another just for fun thread
« on: January 13, 2015, 08:31:16 PM »
What are 5 things about you that hardly anyone knows (other than family or close friends)?

I'll go first -

1.  I love to drive but I absolutely hate parking.  I have a phobia about getting stuck in a parking space and not being able to get out without damaging the cars next to me.  That's why I park at the end of the lot at the garden center side of Walmart and pull up so I can just drive out without backing up.

2.  I really love rainy days!  There's just something about them I love.

3.  I was once in the studio audience of a show on CMT called Most Wanted Live.  I had a lot of fun!  I enjoyed seeing the behind the scene happenings and my daughter had a crush on the host.  It made her day to meet him!

4.  I don't like speaking in front of others.  I don't really consider myself shy, just reserved.  I refused to give a speech during English class at school and brought my grade down from an A to a C because I got a zero on the assignment.

5.  I have never been in a tanning bed in all of my life!  I also don't go out for manicures or pedicures. 

Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline MoWin

• My Blog
Re: Another just for fun thread
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2015, 10:44:48 AM »
This sounds like fun Cheryl. I had to think about it for a while because I am a pretty open book. LOL

1. Kevin is the first and only man I have ever dated. We were married exactly 2 months after meeting. No one thought it would last. Fooled them. LOL It will be 38 years this July.
2. You all know me as a craft loving lady, but when I was younger, I hated everything to do with crafting. LOL I think a switch or something clicked in my head one day. LOL I have taught myself how to sew, quilt, embroider, crochet, and now knitting. So different than 30 years ago.  ;D
3. I have never been to a concert, not ever!
4. I have never had a manicure, pedicure, or perm, and never been in a tanning bed. I am dull!
5. My whole family have called me Sissy my whole life. Still do or Sis. I even had a 6th grade teacher who had known me all my life who called me Sissy. That was kind of embarrassing. LOL

This made me have to think back on my life. I enjoyed it. Thanks Cheryl.

Blessings,
Winona
« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 10:47:08 AM by MoWin »
Winona in northwest Missouri
Wife to Kevin
Mom to Carolyn, Cathryn, Isaiah, Hazel, and Jon
Grandma to Ashton, Ava, Noah, Izabella, and Maddison
Furbabies: Aeris, Buddy, and Callie

Offline Cheryl

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2015, 05:28:01 PM »
Winona, your number 5 made me smile because Sissy is what Emily calls Lana.  We asked her if she'd ever call her sister by her name and she said probably not!  :)

Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2015, 07:01:25 PM »
1)  I am a scaredy cat.  Seriously, I am always looking around when hiking, terrified of running into bison or even a longhorn bull up close.  And don't get me started on rattlesnakes.

2)  I am really good at planning things like events that feed a large number of people.  My nerdy side coming out, I guess.

3)  I had planned to be a pediatric surgeon when I was younger, and have a nanny for my own kids.  Guess God had something else else in mind.

4)  I research things extensively, possibly too much at times.  Drive myself batty.  :P

5)  If you were on the old board, you might remember this one, but I once had a warrant out for my arrest.  My greyhound, Ruger, got loose while I was visiting my parents in Ohio.  He wasn't gone an hour but somehow got picked up by animal control.  I had to buy him a county license to bail him out, and they informed me that I owed a fine as well.  I thought this was all absolutely ridiculous (since I didn't live in that county or even in the state) and went back to Oklahoma not paying the fine (I had already spent a crazy amount on their license, after all).  They showed up at my parents' house a few weeks later to arrest me.  My dad paid the fine to get it off my "record".

Cheryl, I am much the same on parking.  And left turns on busy streets that aren't at lights.  Sometimes I'll turn into a parking lot somewhere just to be able to make a right turn onto the busy street.

Offline Cheryl

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2015, 08:40:07 PM »
These things are too funny!  :D

I was on the old board but somehow I missed that about the warrant for your arrest!

A few more things about me that my family thinks is strange -

1.  When shopping, I never get the item in front on the shelf no matter what it is.  I will always get the one in the back.

2.  I don't wear dresses, period.  I never have liked wearing them.

3.  I will also avoid turning left on busy streets if possible.  And forget about parallel parking!  I'll walk a mile to keep from it.

4.  I'm a list maker, even making lists about the lists I want to make! ;D

Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline MoWin

• My Blog
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2015, 09:54:34 AM »
Oh Cheryl, we must be long lost sisters. LOL I never take the product in front. Always go to the back. LOL I also always look the box over very carefully of something I am buying and get the best looking box. LOL
   I have never parallel parked since I took my driving test over 40 years ago. My first driving test was so traumatic that is scarred me for life. I was doing just fine on the test. Then came the parallel parking. I freaked and ended up on the other side of the sidewalk. Almost hit the building. Yep. It took me 2 months to build up enough nerve to try to take the test again. I passed the second time, but swore I would never parallel park again, and I haven't!
   I went through a stage where I thought all women should wear dresses. It lasted about 2 years. I almost froze to death in winter, but I kept wearing dresses. Then one day, I decided it was not necessary to freeze in the winter.  Now I seldom wear dresses. I do sometimes in the summer when it is hot or to go to fancy things, but my normal attire is pants.  ;)
   I also make lists. I even make a list when I am going somewhere to make sure I don't forget anything. I am lost if I get to town and find that I have forgotten my list.  :-\ You should see all the notes I take while surfing the net. I see something I want to remember and make a note, in list form of course.  :)

Cathy, I am a scaredy cat too! I am afraid of the dark, of storms, of being alone, of strange big dogs. You name it. I have learned to live with most of this, but still run if I have to go out after dark to do something. I also cringe when it starts to thunder and lightning. LOL When I am alone, I have to have something, either the tv or radio going or I freak out. Need that noise to not feel so alone.  ;)
   When I was in high school, I had this dream of owning a huge house and having it full of orphans. I wanted to give them everything that they were missing out on. Since that didn't work out, I decided to have a large family instead. LOL Never did get the large house, though.
   Wow, Cathy, don't remember about the warrant for your arrest, but that is funny, now at least. I am sure it wasn't at the time, especially for your parents. LOL

Blessings,
Winona
« Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 09:59:05 AM by MoWin »
Winona in northwest Missouri
Wife to Kevin
Mom to Carolyn, Cathryn, Isaiah, Hazel, and Jon
Grandma to Ashton, Ava, Noah, Izabella, and Maddison
Furbabies: Aeris, Buddy, and Callie

Offline MissMandy

• ♥ Summer 2015 ♥
    • The Finstad Homestead
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2015, 04:00:06 PM »
Still mulling over my own list, but I am LOVING reading all of yours!!!

Mandy
Mandy, wife to Jean, furmama to Irish Wolfhound Grimmauld (Grimm), living in the mountains of Virginia.  Childless by circumstance and loving it! ♥