Author Topic: Monday, January 26, 2015  (Read 1141 times)

Offline wrancher

Monday, January 26, 2015
« on: January 26, 2015, 06:38:38 AM »
Good Morning where have you all been?

Offline wrancher

Re: Monday, January 26, 2015
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2015, 06:54:27 AM »
This week everyone has a basketball game an most are at home.  Lanes game tonight at 6 an a 8th grade parent meeting at 5.  I think I  will bringing in hay to grind after I feed cows and check waters. I helped a friend with her 1099s yesterday and just house cleaning. Still have 1 more bathroom to clean and usual laundry and dishes.  If I get time I want to finish ironing. We are having beautiful weather.60s for the next 2 days. that should melt some snow. It makes it challenging getting around when it is slick out.  Not complaining here! I just have credit card stuff to divide out on income tax stuff for mine and my MILs. I want to finish that. Nothing exciting here.

Coffee time...
Janice

Offline Cheryl

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2015, 07:09:53 AM »
Good morning!

It's cloudy and windy today.  I'm going out in a bit to feed the animals.  Nothing too exciting on tap here, just the usual Monday morning clean up from the weekend kind of day. ;) 

I'm still working on getting rid of unwanted and unused items, and once they are gone I hope to never have to do this again.  We simply have too much stuff for this small house.  I'm tired of moving piles from room to room, so out it goes!

If I have time this afternoon, I may play around online with our taxes to see if we're due a refund.  I'm not expecting much of one if we do, but any little extra is nice.

Supper tonight is leftover turkey with the fixings.  I finally used up the last turkey I had in the freezer.  Hope you ladies have a nice day! :)
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2015, 08:36:24 AM »
Good morning!

It's gorgeous here, supposed to be up to 72 later, bright and sunny.  Perfect day for hiking, which I had planned to do, but Micah woke up about 3:45 with a tummy ache and started throwing up shortly after.  Earl's tummy is gurgly, Mallory's hurts, and mine feels a tad iffy, so I stayed home despite Earl being home.

Got the other three kids to school, kitchen cleaned up, some laundry going, and a phone call made.  Now having a bit of computer time before I tackle something else.  Last night I made up two different marinades and poured each into a 2.5 lb bag of chicken tenderloins.  I have both those bags thawing in the fridge and will bake the butter herb one up for dinner later, along with some sweet potatoes and probably sauteed asparagus.  Really trying to focus on the veggies more.

This afternoon, I have an ultrasound appointment.  I've been feeling some pressure in the underneath throat area.  My doctor says she feels "something spongy" there so wants this done.  Thyroid tissue can regrow sometimes (not a full thyroid, but tissue), so we need to play it safe.  It's really annoying, like having a constant big lump in my throat.

Got a flat of tomato seeds started this weekend, along with one of those hexagonal 96 count flats of assorted flowers.  Those are both under the grow light which we set on the big bathroom counter this time of year.  My green seedlings, started the previous weekend, seem to be thriving and are under my kitchen counter grow light.  Earl cut down two dead trees along the east side of our back yard yesterday.  Still has more to do cutting and stacking the pieces.  Then, we will take out a couple more garden beds back there to make room for that 18 foot diameter pool we got on clearance last fall.  We are going to try using the former chicken run area for greens this year, figuring it should be really high in nitrogen.  Need to sit down and do a little more planning so I know what other seeds to start next.

We filed taxes Thursday night.  Good to have that done.  Spent some time Saturday doing some planning on where/how to spend the refund.  There are always more things we want to do than the refund covers, lol.  Such is life, huh?

Well, better get moving.

Cheryl, I know what you mean.  The decluttering is addictive, isn't it?  The more I get rid of, the more I want to get rid of.  I keep cutting back more and more.  I went through the closets and bathroom cabinets over Christmas break so I know there is nothing unwanted lurking in there anymore.  Garage needs to be next for us.

Catherine

Offline MoWin

• My Blog
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2015, 10:42:46 AM »
Good morning ladies,
   It looks to be a nice day. Kevin has gone to look for work. I have my Monday morning chores done. Just finished adding a few more books to my Kindle to read in the evenings. I will make a post in the prayer section in a bit. It is ok. We will be ok.
   I have practiced a lot on my knitting. I think I am about ready to begin a sweater or socks. Not sure which I want to do first.
   We have been planning the garden. I hope we have a good one this year, because we really need it to put up for winter. I am so thankful that we already ordered our seeds. If I can swing it later, I may buy about 4 hens and a rooster from Orschelyns. I really miss my chickens. Not sure, about that, though. I might have to wait till next year. I will deal with it. I sometimes have a hard time realizing that I gave all my special hens and ducks away last fall. What was I thinking? :o Oh well, they all have good homes. I just need to start over.  :)
   You all have a wonderful day.
Blessings,
Winona
Winona in northwest Missouri
Wife to Kevin
Mom to Carolyn, Cathryn, Isaiah, Hazel, and Jon
Grandma to Ashton, Ava, Noah, Izabella, and Maddison
Furbabies: Aeris, Buddy, and Callie

Offline Rooney

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2015, 07:07:37 PM »
Good morning!

It's gorgeous here, supposed to be up to 72 later, bright and sunny.  Perfect day for hiking, which I had planned to do, but Micah woke up about 3:45 with a tummy ache and started throwing up shortly after.  Earl's tummy is gurgly, Mallory's hurts, and mine feels a tad iffy, so I stayed home despite Earl being home.

Got the other three kids to school, kitchen cleaned up, some laundry going, and a phone call made.  Now having a bit of computer time before I tackle something else.  Last night I made up two different marinades and poured each into a 2.5 lb bag of chicken tenderloins.  I have both those bags thawing in the fridge and will bake the butter herb one up for dinner later, along with some sweet potatoes and probably sauteed asparagus.  Really trying to focus on the veggies more.

This afternoon, I have an ultrasound appointment.  I've been feeling some pressure in the underneath throat area.  My doctor says she feels "something spongy" there so wants this done.  Thyroid tissue can regrow sometimes (not a full thyroid, but tissue), so we need to play it safe.  It's really annoying, like having a constant big lump in my throat.

Got a flat of tomato seeds started this weekend, along with one of those hexagonal 96 count flats of assorted flowers.  Those are both under the grow light which we set on the big bathroom counter this time of year.  My green seedlings, started the previous weekend, seem to be thriving and are under my kitchen counter grow light.  Earl cut down two dead trees along the east side of our back yard yesterday.  Still has more to do cutting and stacking the pieces.  Then, we will take out a couple more garden beds back there to make room for that 18 foot diameter pool we got on clearance last fall.  We are going to try using the former chicken run area for greens this year, figuring it should be really high in nitrogen.  Need to sit down and do a little more planning so I know what other seeds to start next.

We filed taxes Thursday night.  Good to have that done.  Spent some time Saturday doing some planning on where/how to spend the refund.  There are always more things we want to do than the refund covers, lol.  Such is life, huh?

Well, better get moving.

Cheryl, I know what you mean.  The decluttering is addictive, isn't it?  The more I get rid of, the more I want to get rid of.  I keep cutting back more and more.  I went through the closets and bathroom cabinets over Christmas break so I know there is nothing unwanted lurking in there anymore.  Garage needs to be next for us.

Catherine

Catherine,  I know that you have to be anxious about this.  Praying that you get good news from your ultrasound.