Author Topic: Thursday, February 5, 2015  (Read 1629 times)

Offline wrancher

Thursday, February 5, 2015
« on: February 05, 2015, 06:29:39 AM »
Good morning

Offline wrancher

Re: Thursday, February 5, 2015
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2015, 06:46:11 AM »
Where is everyone? Am I the only one to post? Today is chores quickly then take chore pickup into town to be worked on again.  That is getting old and expensive.  Otherwise keep working on bookwork.  I think I will put chili in crockpot.  I think Ashley has game at 3 today at home.  Same old thing here. Laundry, dishes, bookwork, chores

Coffee time..
Janice

Offline fishermanwife

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2015, 07:13:00 AM »
Good morning Janice. It has been a rough morning with my oldest boy geezer I just really hate these days, waiting on replies to find him a new therapist bc the last one told him he was creative and resourceful for jumping out the window when I had grounded him to his room UGH. Having coffee right now then 2 kids have med apps then back to school and I will come home and try to clean and declutter some more. Hope everyone has a wonderful day!
Norma in Southeast Oklahoma. Wife to Steven, mommy to Abby 16, Keagan 14, Trenten 10, Ollie 7.

Offline Cheryl

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2015, 07:39:29 AM »
Good morning.

I am here, just feeling a bit blah.  I'm trying to get Emily to do her school work so we can free up the rest of the day for fun stuff, but it's not happening.  While she's working on that, I'm doing laundry and prepping for supper, cutting up salad veggies and such.

At the same time I'm still menu planning in my mind, thinking about what we have on hand and what I can make based on that and buying as little as possible this month.

Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline Linda

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2015, 08:44:30 AM »
Good Morning,been a slow morning.. i wanted to sleep.. Furbabies had other plans... and now they are asleep.lol

Nick went to the doctor this morning, he is having several bloody noses a day or waking up and has had one, they ran a blood test and that was all good, so i need to go get a humidifier today..

Clover has a vet appt. at 2.. please say a little prayer for her...getting old is not doing well for her..

Today i am hoping to work on some type of menu.. it's very hard to cook for 3 guys on 3 different schedules.. i did fine with doing it all for Gary,this is a bit more challenging..lol  its a good thing i love my crock pots... some days i have both going..

Hope all of you Ladies have a great day. Linda.

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2015, 08:49:36 AM »
Good morning!

I'm supposed to be at work, but Max is coughing and running a low-grade fever this morning, so we are home.  I hate to have called off my 4th day of work, but that's how life goes, I guess. 

Nutmeg kitty had her surgery yesterday.  She is home and doing fine.  Her usual snuggly self.  She has to be in whatever room I'm in until it's time for her afternoon nap.  ;)  Vet has no gut feeling about the lump she removed because she has never seen anything like it before.  So, we'll have to wait for the pathology report to come back.

Tax refund was in the bank on Tuesday, so I'm trying to do some paperwork.  Paid a couple things off (medical bills I was making payments on, for instance) and really need to bank the rest.  We are hoping to add gutters and downspouts to our house this year, pay for camp for the kids, and save some.  We know we will need to replace the dishwasher at some point, too.  For the moment, it has been doing better so we may hang in there till we have to do it.  Or not. 

Hoping to get my floors mopped today...they are long overdue.  Also working on the laundry, which has fallen behind this week with me working.  Got to get into a rhythm with this.

Have a great day!
Catherine

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2015, 08:50:17 AM »
Good Morning,been a slow morning.. i wanted to sleep.. Furbabies had other plans... and now they are asleep.lol

Nick went to the doctor this morning, he is having several bloody noses a day or waking up and has had one, they ran a blood test and that was all good, so i need to go get a humidifier today..

Clover has a vet appt. at 2.. please say a little prayer for her...getting old is not doing well for her..

Today i am hoping to work on some type of menu.. it's very hard to cook for 3 guys on 3 different schedules.. i did fine with doing it all for Gary,this is a bit more challenging..lol  its a good thing i love my crock pots... some days i have both going..

Hope all of you Ladies have a great day. Linda.

Praying for Clover, Linda.  Hugs to you.

Offline Rooney

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2015, 09:11:26 AM »
Morning girls.

Well, this past week has been pretty crummy. :P  This is the first time that all the kids have been really sick at once.  The oldest six were all in the throws of it at once and are starting to get better.  Now despite my attempts at having a "sick free" zone in the house, it has made its way down to the three littlest (who are all now back asleep right now thankfully).  It has been a week of high fevers and coughing and just feeling terrible in general and that includes hubby and me.  I have been having to keep charts on this one with who has a temp and how high at what time and who was given meds and at what time.  Got six pages worth of that so far!  You can always tell when they start feeling better because they feel good enough to bicker with each other. :P  Well, anyway praying we are on the downhill slide of this and it doesn't go round the house again. Oh my!

So not much going on here except for taking care of sickies.  Found a fun new youtube channel that I have been frequenting the last day or so called planetmommyhood.  Fun videos to have playing while rocking a little one.  ;)

Cath, hope Max feels better.  Sorry about having to call in, but hey, you're at your most important non-paying job today. ;)

Janice, I have been wondering where everyone has been lately too.  Seems our small group is dwindling again.  Maybe they have been sick?

Have a good day everyone.
Lindsay 

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2015, 09:41:39 AM »
Not too much happening here in the frozen zone of the world either!

Getting tired of the winter already!  We are headed to Florida the first part of March, and I feel like I am really needing it.
Youngest son's college baseball team will be down there for spring training games.  We have rented a vacation home with a small pool, so I am looking forward to a relaxing and fun time.  We are trying to pinch every penny right now to use while we are gone. 

Trying to do some general cleaning around the house today.  I have been slowly re-organizing, decluttering and sorting in my basement.  Three boys moving in and out throughout college days have resulted in boxes and totes of ...... "junk".  I'm sure they wouldn't agree with that assessment, but believe me, a lot of it is really unnecessary to keep. 

Chili is in the crockpot for dinner, so that is good to go.
I really need to work up a menu, so maybe between sorting I can do that today as well.

Hope everyone had a great day, and that all the sickness leaves your homes soon!
The sun is shining here, so that helps with the blahs a little even though I know that it is below zero out there!  :-\
Pam 
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2015, 09:56:57 AM »
Morning girls.

Well, this past week has been pretty crummy. :P  This is the first time that all the kids have been really sick at once.  The oldest six were all in the throws of it at once and are starting to get better.  Now despite my attempts at having a "sick free" zone in the house, it has made its way down to the three littlest (who are all now back asleep right now thankfully).  It has been a week of high fevers and coughing and just feeling terrible in general and that includes hubby and me.  I have been having to keep charts on this one with who has a temp and how high at what time and who was given meds and at what time.  Got six pages worth of that so far!  You can always tell when they start feeling better because they feel good enough to bicker with each other. :P  Well, anyway praying we are on the downhill slide of this and it doesn't go round the house again. Oh my!

So not much going on here except for taking care of sickies.  Found a fun new youtube channel that I have been frequenting the last day or so called planetmommyhood.  Fun videos to have playing while rocking a little one.  ;)

Cath, hope Max feels better.  Sorry about having to call in, but hey, you're at your most important non-paying job today. ;)

Janice, I have been wondering where everyone has been lately too.  Seems our small group is dwindling again.  Maybe they have been sick?

Have a good day everyone.
Lindsay

Oh no!  I hope the whole crew is better very soon!  I'm sure you must be exhausted.

Offline 4kidsmom

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2015, 10:44:29 AM »
Good morning!

Well, I've got a cold again.  So I'm dragging.  Today I will just putter around the house--putting away laundry, doing more laundry, picking up here and there, working on this and that projects. :)

I think I will get out my gardening book (it's written specifically for my state, which is really nice) and see what is coming up.  I'm hoping to get a garden going again this year.  I've never really had success.  At the beginning, I think I didn't water enough.  Then I did water enough but the plants still didn't grow well.  So I thought there wasn't enough sunlight.  But my herbs are doing wonderfully, so now I'm thinking it may be the soil.  So this year I'll till in some compost and see what happens. 

Swim season is unofficially over.  Yesterday was region championships.  Christie did all right.  I say unofficially because the state championships are next week, then sometime after that will be the swim team banquet.  I have really enjoyed going to the meets and watching these kids compete.  Christie has learned a lot and improved a lot.   I'm kinda  sorry to see it end but Christie needs to focus on academics now.  AP exam time is coming up!

Hope everyone has a good day and those who are sick get better, and those who are well stay well!

Catherine, did I miss something?  You're working now?  So you got the job?

Merilee

Offline MissMandy

• ♥ Summer 2015 ♥
    • The Finstad Homestead
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2015, 11:25:09 AM »
Whoo boy, sounds like lots of crummy days/weeks!  I'll be keeping you all in prayer for health and general happiness :)

Nothing too exciting going on around here.  Jean was home this morning so he could go to a chiro appointment, so I dropped him off there and head to the gym for a class.  Afterwards I picked him up and we had to run by Edward Jones, then back home for breakfast and to get our days started.  He's off to work in the city and I've gotten the most important stuff done on my computer.  I have a bit more work to do, then I'd like to focus on the house - laundry (if we have any), making the bed, vacuuming the floors, cleaning up the yard (dog), and going over the bathrooms.  Of course I'll have to sneak in some giant-puppy snuggles. Sounds like plenty!  Dinner tonight is turkey and chickpea burgers, baked fries, and salad.

Hope you all have wonderful days!

Mandy
Mandy, wife to Jean, furmama to Irish Wolfhound Grimmauld (Grimm), living in the mountains of Virginia.  Childless by circumstance and loving it! ♥