Author Topic: Monday, February 9, 2015  (Read 2722 times)

Offline wrancher

Monday, February 9, 2015
« on: February 09, 2015, 06:13:05 AM »
Good morning

Offline wrancher

Re: Monday, February 9, 2015
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2015, 06:23:51 AM »
Foggy this morning but suppose to be around 55. Wow.  We have been having really nice weather for this time of year for us lately.  The snow is mostly gone except the mess they made in the ditches.  My chore pickup is still in town getting worked on so I just need to concentrate on finishing bookwork for tax appointment tomorrow.  I always find more to do for rechecking everything than I should. I hate to miss anything.  Of course I will get tired of sitting in 1 spot and will go do laundry, dishes, housework. Sometimes if I could just stay on the task at hand I could be done a lot sooner.  My SIL wondered about having her wedding reception out our place. Yes we are open to it but omg the work that will need to be done.  But if she wants it wit would do it.  So lane has game about 1 1/2 hrs away. We will probably go to game and take Levi with us.  Girls just have practice so they would come home after.  We have 2 weeks of heavy basketball but seasons should be over end of month. Yeah girls will be done 21st. 

Coffee time....
Janice

Offline Cheryl

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2015, 06:48:37 AM »
Good morning.

Coffee' s made, laundry is started, so I guess I need to make sure Emily is where she's supposed to be with her school work.

I need to figure out something for supper since I don't have a menu made for this month.  I think tonight will probably be something simple, like grilled cheese sandwiches and soup.  Works for me.

Have a great day!
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline Rooney

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2015, 09:17:00 AM »
Good morning all.

I guess it really isn't that good of a morning here, we are all still sick except for hubby is mostly over it.  Thankfully the last of the fevers were Saturday night, but evidently this thing comes with a kinda one-two punch and the second half of it is a really bad cold and cough.  So in other words, everyone here feels pretty rough today and I just suspect will most of the week.

My birthday was Saturday.  We don't usually do much anyway, but I do always bake a cake or brownies.  Was to sick to even do that.  We don't usually buy hubby or I anything for birthdays, but he really wanted me to get a few things that I had been wanting.  He started asking me several weeks ago, so I finally ordered a few things off amazon this weekend.  I ordered the Ultimate Homeschool Planner, The new Anne Geddes Wall Calendar, The flylady book (I know, I am behind the times but in need of organization and figure I am more likely to read the book once than the website each day).  I also got the newest film made by Moore Family Films.  I have wanted that since it came out a year ago, but they are fairly pricey.  They have a series called "It's Your Life" where they do documentaries on Large Families. There seems like one other thing, but I can't think of it so it will be a surprise, I guess. My Dad insisted on bringing over a gift for me, but I insisted that he not come in and catch whatever this is.  He brought his metal detector with him and helped Steve find his wedding ring that has been missing in the front yard for a week or so. They found it, but we do need to get it sized because that happens frequently when he is working outside with it on.  Anyway they gave me a generous gift card to my favorite place, Kohls, and also let me have my wedding portrait that had always hung in their home.  They are remodeling and getting rid of all things with gold frames? ???  Anyway hubby was more than happy to get it and he hung it over our bedside table.  What a sweetie! ;) :)

So..... today is going to bring taking care of sickies again.  I absolutely have to do at least 4 loads of laundry.  I am running all clothes and dishes on sanitizing cycles right now and that takes like three times as long as regular.  Also need to do some sweeping, but we'll see how far I get.  I may watch some more you tube videos.  We may get to go to a Trader Joes later in the week and I have never been.  If I don't familiarize myself with some of the products first, it will be like my first trip to Whole Foods and take hours.

Cheryl, grilled cheese and soup sounds nice and easy.  I believe I will go with that as well. ;)

Blessings,
Lindsay

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2015, 10:01:52 AM »
Good morning!

Seems weird to be saying that while eating lunch.  :P  Was busy this morning and never got around to breakfast before the morning school run.  Then, after dropping off Max, I decided to run into the dreaded W-mart for a "few" things.  Hahahaha.  I venture in maybe once every 2 or 3 months for something.  An hour later, I escaped.

Anyhow, picked up the super delicious Cobb salad from Chick Fil A on my way home and am chowing down as brunch.  I just got "dog towels" out of the dryer and have the sheets in the washer.  Need to put in whites next as my hubby said he is wearing his last clean white undershirt today.  Baked steak is in the crockpot and will peel potatoes shortly.  Heading to work at noon until 4, then will run home and mash the potatoes (which Earl and the kids will turn on, along with steaming broccoli), make gravy, and eat dinner.  Then I have Crossfit class at 6.

Tomorrow will be an early morning beginning with a staff meeting at 8 AM, so there is a good chance I won't be on before that.

Lindsay, a belated Happy Birthday to you!  Hope you all can shake this illness soon.

Catherine

Offline 4kidsmom

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2015, 10:11:35 AM »
Good morning!

Count me in among the sickies.  My cold turned into a sinus infection.  It must be a fairly mild one because I can still function and don't feel that bad, but my nose keeps running and when I blow it, I have this really nasty-looking yellow mucus coming out.  And I've got sinus pressure.  Fortunately, Sudafed is helping keep the pain down so that's good.

I did most of the laundry on Saturday so all I have to do today is put away the last load from the dryer then do one load of the boys' clothes.  The weather is beautiful (although it is way too warm for this time of year) so I think I'll get outside and clean up my garage.  Which of course will lead to working on the shed because I know some of the stuff in the garage needs to go to the shed.

I need to make bread today, and there's some stuff in the fridge I need to make into what I planned to make (cilantro and other things for making cilantro lime dressing; veggies and stuff for making a huge batch of marinara sauce).  I'd also like to get some baked goods made for breakfasts.  And I think I'll inventory the freezer to see what we can use up.  My  kitchen freezer is getting a little stuffed. 

I'm sure I'll find other things to do as the day goes on. :)

Have a great day and I hope all of us who are sick get better quickly!

Merilee

Offline Linda

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2015, 01:47:44 PM »
Good Afternoon.... Hope everyone gets to feeling better soon as well as your family members...

We had highs in the seventy's this weekend, but we are back to cold and dreary today... a nap sounds so good..

Had blood drawn this morning to check my thyroid stuff, have done some laundry, went by the store and pick up a few things,cleaned out a closet, and now i am fixing to make a meatloaf.. would really like to have an early dinner and a early bedtime tonight.. our crew stayed up to late watching the walking dead.. kinda feel that way today..lol

hope each of you have a wonderful evening.. Linda.

Offline gaggleofseven

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2015, 05:32:21 PM »
Good evening, friends. It's cold and windy tonight. We are enjoying hot vegetable soup and french bread for dinner. Yum. I'm going to read and watch something on the computer, maybe some of Kim's (Homestead Acres) videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/HomesteadAcres

I started an afghan but had no luck with it. I think I'll take another look at the pattern and give it another try.

Have a wonderful evening!
Jennie

Jennie
There are so many beautiful reasons to be happy!