Author Topic: Monday, September 16, 2013  (Read 4688 times)

Offline wrancher

Monday, September 16, 2013
« on: September 16, 2013, 05:53:42 AM »
Good Morning

Offline wrancher

Re: Monday, September 16, 2013
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2013, 06:14:37 AM »
A nice weekend at my nephews wedding. We got home yesterday and got DD off to college as she needed to study for midterms and then we got the camper completely cleaned out and winterized. Then I had kids help me clean up garage and straighten house. I still want to do more house cleaning. Hopefully tonight we can fold up the swim pool as I have had the water out and the frame down but needed it to dry off completely before I put it in container. Once I get kids off to school I will head over to neighbors and check chickens then home to see if DH is back from getting wheat seed. I need him to help me hook on to hay hauling trailer (I think, I might be able to do it myself). It is fall when you are worried about getting everything done before the snow flies.  We need to haul hay, get wheat planted and get things ready to start feeding calves.  We will be taking calves in again to feed. Really foggy and super damp this morning. DS has a football game tonight.  So I will have something ready to eat. Either in crockpot or a Stromboli or something. Well enough rambling..

Have a great day

Janice

Offline artsyone

• My Enchanted Life
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2013, 06:35:12 AM »
Good Morning Janice and all who follows. It was an absolutely beautiful weekend, the weather was cool and the humidity low could not ask for better.Hannah is away at college, Terry was at a friends house Saturday to watch the game, so very quiet at my house.
This empty nest thing is not so bad after you get use to it, miss my girl but so happy she has the opportunities for college and a great life.Mom and Dad will be fine. :-\
Not much going on here today just the usual, hope everyone has a great day.

Gail

Offline Cheryl

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2013, 06:42:10 AM »
Good morning!

I'm loving this cooler weather! 

I picked scupperdines on Saturday and made jelly out of them.  I think the next picking I'll can up some juice.  The vines are loaded and they taste so good.  This is the first year we've had enough to do anything with besides just stand there and eat them by the handful! :)

Today I have a little running around to do - go by the bank, pay a couple of bills, pick up a few things at the grocery store, stop by the library, and then I need to do school with Emily and general straightening up around here.

Have a great day!
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline Alana

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2013, 06:59:55 AM »
Good morning :)

Busy weekend here..cleaning and organizing everything :o. It seems once you start cleaning one thing something else follows!  We started Saturday out by cleaning the garage, then ended up at ikea buying storage shelves for my playroom ;D.  My house is now in the state of it gets worse before it gets better!

So on my list today is finishing up the playroom. I am really excited about it!!  It has been kind on an eyesore and it is one of the first things you see when you walk in. But with running a daycare I need to have one!
I also picked some stuff up to help me organize my pantry. We moved into this house just over a year ago and even tho my new kitchen is technically bigger I have never gotten it organized the way I want ;)   
I have some banana bread in the oven. Yummy!  I have some ladies from church coming of this afternoon, we have decided to run a small bible study on Monday wheel the babies sleep   I am really looking forward to it!
I need to do my weekly menu today too. I normally do that on Sunday but time got away from me this weekend. 
Dinner tonight is roast beef in the crock pot :)

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!
Loving the country life in Canada!
Married to Sean
Mom of Brandon 20, Joshua 16, Evan 14 & Alyssa 11
Daycare 'mom' to 5 toddlers

Offline mooremama

• Sam and the boys
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2013, 07:02:58 AM »
Good morning!

It was a cool weekend here too with practically no humidity.  Ahhhh...soooo nice.  I love sleeping with the window open and about 2 or 3 in the morning having to pull up the sheet because of the chill.   :D

Cheryl, I was just thinking about muscadines.  I can't wait until they ripen.  My cousin has a whole vineyard full of them and I'll go pick all I want. 

There's nothing out of the ordinary on my to-do list for today which is nice.  Laundry, child care, house straightening....

I'm not sure what's for supper tonight.  It will be something breakfasty like omelets or pancakes.  "Bones" season premier is tonight and Caylon is all excited. 

Gotta scoot.  Time for Downy in the wash.

Beth
Beth in western NC
Wife of Sam for 27 years,
Mother of Aaron (26) and Caylon (24)
MIL to Bo
Nan to Lainey Beth (7), Stephen Holden (3) and Samuel Evan (2)
Furmama to Bonnie and Jake
Barnyard Mama to 2 goats, 3 turkeys and oodles of chickens.

Offline Shelly

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2013, 07:14:52 AM »
Good morning!

I need to run and get some chicken to can this morning and I also need milk and cat food, so that trip is on my list this morning.  Other than that, my list is pretty short today:

dishes
3 loads laundry
wash and strip diapers
vacuum
harvest corn and tomatoes
process chicken
Wife to Trevor for 16 years and SAHM to Maisie (4) Liam (4) Aedric (1) Harold (1)

Offline luv2bmom

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2013, 07:35:36 AM »
good morning ladies,

I'm trying to get motivated this Monday but here I sit!  I need to load the dishwasher, start a load of wash and run to Kroger.  Nothing really exciting going on today, I will be helping dh at the rental house finishing framing the bathroom, he will run the wire for the outlets and lights. 

In less than 2 weeks dh and I will be in Florida at Miramar Beach for a week!  We are looking forward the trip!

It's so cool in the mornings now, I felt Daisy shivering so she's happy now I put a sweater on her! 

Have a nice day everyone and take care..
Pixie, wife to Coby
mother to Megan, Amanda
and to our beloved late son Braden
Baboo to Mont, Ada, Brinly and Brielle
mil to Warren and Marcus

Offline Proudmama

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2013, 08:16:15 AM »
Good morning!

It was wonderful to have Zachary home this weekend.  He was out with his girlfriend for a good bit of the time but I spent most of Friday with him.  It was just him and I so it was really nice.

We didn't do too much this weekend.  Doug and I and Molly went into town yesterday for Super Sunday.  It is mostly junky vendors but there was some good food!

Over the weekend, I made peach butter for the first time and it is yummy!  I didn't make too much - only enough to fill one small jelly large and two larger ones.  I put the larger ones in the freezer so we can enjoy it over the winter.  This morning the girls and I had it over crockpot oatmeal with a bit of brown sugar and it was delicious!

I have been having trouble sleeping lately and either have allergies or am coming down with a cold so I am feeling a bit tired and blah today.  I also found out that my B12 and D levels are incredibly low so that may have something to do with it.  I have an appointment with my doctor tomorrow and she told me I need a shot for the B12 deficiency since it won't go up even though I have been taking supplements.  She also told me she will put me on the mega dose supplements for the D deficiency.  We will discuss what we will do in the future for these two things since it is a chronic problem.

So far today, I have taken down and folded the sheets from the basement, folded the kitchen linens, washed and hung up the girls' sheets, folded one basket of dry clothes and thrown a load in the washer.  I hope to finish up mine and Doug's clothes as well as his running clothes and perhaps the bath towels.  I have the chicken carcass from last night's dinner in the crockpot and am making stock.  I will let that cook until tomorrow afternoon.  I need to make a tuna/egg pasta salad for lunches and hope to make a banana bread as well.  I also still need to clean up the kitchen.  I may take a nap, too.

Dinner tonight is bean and cheese burritos and salad.

Have a wonderful day!

Denise

Offline MoWin

• My Blog
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2013, 09:17:08 AM »
Good morning,

It is damp and cool here today. Still just 57*.  :o I even needed a jacket this morning to chore.  LOL  It rained most of yesterday, so it is really muddy out. Supposed to rain off and on through Thursday.

Cathryn and Jeremy and the kids came yesterday for a visit. We had so much fun. Ava and Ashton are growing so fast. She will be 8 in Jan. He just turned 10 in July. He is almost as tall as me. I love having my grandbabies visit. We played with Buddy (the cats hid LOL), petted and fed Sammie the rabbit, let the chickens out, gathered the eggs, and chased the ducks.  :D It was a great day.

Kevin goes back to work today after being off for 2 weeks. We are both kind of sad about that, but it will be good to get back in the groove. I did not exercise, nor watch my diet the whole time Kevin was home. I am feeling the results, so it is back with the program today.  ;)

I am dragging today. I woke up at 4:30 with acid reflux. I have not had any problems with that in years. Uggg, I spent the rest of the night sitting up in my rocker. I hope I can get a little nap in later.

You all have a great day.

Blessings,
Winona
Winona in northwest Missouri
Wife to Kevin
Mom to Carolyn, Cathryn, Isaiah, Hazel, and Jon
Grandma to Ashton, Ava, Noah, Izabella, and Maddison
Furbabies: Aeris, Buddy, and Callie

Offline fishermanwife

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2013, 09:48:10 AM »
Good Morning everyone! All I want to do is rest but don't think its going to happen today. I have my big comforter in the dryer for the second time hopefully it will dry this time, clothes waiting in the washer and I have to make sure football pants get dry and find yellow socks for football and purple socks for baseball have both games tonight. I have to get dinner in the crockpot and clean up the kitchen, do a few loads of laundry depending on how fast the dryer goes and get cooler packed with drinks and snacks before 3. Is it nap time yet? lol
Ollie is over whatever bothered him last sunday night, thank God. Trenten came home early from school Friday with a tummy ache and other kids in his class had been sick so we just thought it was a tummy bug but around 7pm he said it hurt were his underwear rubbed on his leg so I told him to just wear his shorts thinking he had a heat rash starting or something but he kept complaining so my husband looked and his scrotum area and abdomen was swollen 3 times the normal size so I rushed him to the ER and after 3 hrs mostly waiting it went down some and they released him saying it was an "Ant" bite. hmmm
Saturday it was still swollen so I called the hospital across the state line and they take our insurance so I drove him over there and they did an ultrasound and said he has a bacterial infection of some tubes called epididymitis  and put him on antibiotics but not sure what caused it and to watch him so he is home today. I hope we can stay out of the ER for couple weeks atleast lol. It seems like every couple of years we go thru a round of things like this. Well off to tackle the house.
Norma in Southeast Oklahoma. Wife to Steven, mommy to Abby 16, Keagan 14, Trenten 10, Ollie 7.

Offline Andrea G

• no better thing under the sun
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2013, 10:03:28 AM »
Good morning! It is cool here, but sunny.  We had a nice weekend.  My daughter Kate's birthday was yesterday, so I baked her an apple pie. She likes that better than cake, so we do that every year.

Today I need to clean up the kitchen. I'd like to get the floors mopped, they sure do need it.  Also I want to can some beets that I found on sale.  I have never done beets before, but it seems pretty straightforward. 

Dinner tonight will be chicken soup.  I have had the carcass in the crockpot for the past two days and the broth smells amazing.  I will probably make some bread to go with it too, and likely will make raisin bread with some of the dough.  I am thinking ahead to tomorrow, which will be breakfast for dinner, and I can make french toast with the raisin bread.  Love that!!

Fishermanwife, I am so glad that Ollie is better, but poor Trenten!! I am praying for a quick recovery for him.

I hope everyone has a blessed day!!
Loving life in southern Ontario
Wife to David, Mom to Kate, Paul, Matt and Julianne

Offline Rooney

« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2013, 01:30:14 PM »
Well we had a pretty weekend here, sunny and 70's.  Got the 2 big back fans on the greenhouse up and operational.  We were hoping to get more done just didn't happen.  I got about 12 pounds of wheat ground in hopes of doing some baking later in the week.(we'll see)

As for today, 6th load of laundry in (hopefully the last for today), school done with 5 oldest, dh clothes ironed for the rest of the week and some chicken breast in the oven.  Don't know what tonight will bring.  Dh said he would like to get the hood put up over the oven. (Again we'll see) :)

Offline Cheryl

« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2013, 04:41:58 PM »
Good morning!

It was a cool weekend here too with practically no humidity.  Ahhhh...soooo nice.  I love sleeping with the window open and about 2 or 3 in the morning having to pull up the sheet because of the chill.   :D

Cheryl, I was just thinking about muscadines.  I can't wait until they ripen.  My cousin has a whole vineyard full of them and I'll go pick all I want. 

There's nothing out of the ordinary on my to-do list for today which is nice.  Laundry, child care, house straightening....

I'm not sure what's for supper tonight.  It will be something breakfasty like omelets or pancakes.  "Bones" season premier is tonight and Caylon is all excited. 

Gotta scoot.  Time for Downy in the wash.

Beth

Beth - are your cousin's muscadines the purple ones?  I love those!  The vines we have are a cross between muscadines and scuppernongs, but they're all good! :)
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline gaggleofseven

« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2013, 05:28:37 PM »
Well, I'm checking in late today. It's been a productive day of getting things done. It's nice to get some of those things off the "to do" list. We're enjoying the cooler temperatures. It's been overcast and very fall-like today. I need to start sorting through clothes and see what will still fit the children for these cooler days.

Tonight is reading with DH and Monday Night Football!  :)

Have a great evening!
Jennie
Jennie
There are so many beautiful reasons to be happy!