Author Topic: Drug induced stress test?  (Read 1490 times)

Offline fishermanwife

Drug induced stress test?
« on: February 28, 2015, 07:11:20 PM »
I'm not sure of the correct terminology. But my dad had an episode about 2 weeks ago and went to the hospital where they said he was lucky to get there and not have a full blown heart attack. Now he has to go in for a stress test where I thought you just exercised while they monitored you but no he was told he would be given meds where it would make him feel like he was having a heart attack to see how his heart handled it. Has anyone been thru this, Does this sound right? Should I be worried, I'm 4 hrs away do I need to go with him?
Norma in Southeast Oklahoma. Wife to Steven, mommy to Abby 16, Keagan 14, Trenten 10, Ollie 7.

Offline Cheryl

Re: Drug induced stress test?
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2015, 07:48:01 AM »
My mother has had this test.  I'm sorry I don't know the details of it; I just remember her mentioning having this done a year or so ago.  She was fine.  She had a heart attack in 1996 and has stress tests quite often, I think.  Will anyone be able to go with your dad?
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline fishermanwife

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2015, 05:31:56 PM »
My mom can but she can't drive if it was needed.
Norma in Southeast Oklahoma. Wife to Steven, mommy to Abby 16, Keagan 14, Trenten 10, Ollie 7.

Offline wrancher

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2015, 05:36:39 PM »
My husband had to have this done about 10 yrs ago.  He was having heart isssues. My FIL also had this done and he wasnt in very good shape but handled the test ok. It does get your heart racing which is scary but drs are all around. I did have to drive husband afterwards though.