Author Topic: Aldi laundry detergent?  (Read 1944 times)

Offline greyhoundgirl

Aldi laundry detergent?
« on: March 02, 2015, 09:43:32 AM »
Anyone use the kind that's in the bottle that looks like Tide?  We've been buying liquid Sun from the commissary, $3.95 for 105 loads, but it is $5.49 at W-mart and it seems like it would make more sense to just pick up something at Aldi even if it's a bit more in cost to avoid a special trip.  I'd love to hear your thoughts.  We don't have allergies to detergents that I'm aware of but overly strong smells can get to me at times. 

Offline greyhoundgirl

Re: Aldi laundry detergent?
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2015, 06:45:06 AM »
Anyone?

Offline wrancher

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2015, 06:52:18 AM »
I wish I had an answer. We have no Aldis around. I have found it is cheaper for me to buy tablets as I go through less detergent. It seems expensive but I don't have to buy as often

Offline Cheryl

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2015, 08:40:56 AM »
I have used it, but not recently.  I would give it a try.
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2015, 11:46:27 AM »
Well, in updating my Subscribe and Save on Amazon today, I found a "green" brand of pods that are lavender-vanilla scented and reasonably-priced.  So I added them on to try.  I am at the point of having kids put in laundry more with me away from home more, and I'm not sure the big jug of budget detergent we are using gets measured consistently, so am thinking even though the pre-measured is more expensive, it may not come out to much more in the long run.  Plus, I'll know they are using the correct amount.  We will try it and see, anyway.  :)

Offline calicogirl

• Buddy
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2015, 07:10:38 PM »
I have used the detergent from Aldi's in the red bottle, and I liked it. Then, one day I noticed they had a few bottles that look like Gain and tried it. So, I have been using it since. i just think the green bottle scent smells better, and always used Gain before Aldi's came along.

Teresa
Teresa in North AL
Married to Greg
Mom to Brandon,Heather,John,Amy,Melanie,Trey and Joel
Step Mom to Peggy
Nana to Elizabeth,Brianna,Joshua, Raylan and Olivia
Fur-mama to 2 dogs and 2 cats
Feather-mama to 2 parrots and 27 chickens

Offline gaggleofseven

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2015, 09:30:18 PM »
I use the blue bottle detergent from Aldi. Is there much difference between the formulas?

Jennie
Jennie
There are so many beautiful reasons to be happy!