Author Topic: St. Patricks Day Dinner. What are you having?  (Read 2455 times)

Offline mom of 2 boys

St. Patricks Day Dinner. What are you having?
« on: March 05, 2015, 10:58:22 AM »
We always have the traditional Corn beef Brisket, Cabbage, Potatoes, Carrots and I will make a cheese cake for my husband since St. Patrick's day is his Birthday :)

What do you ladies make for your family for St. Patrick's Day?

Maleesa :)
Maleesa

Offline 4kidsmom

Re: St. Patricks Day Dinner. What are you having?
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2015, 01:55:24 PM »
We alternate between a green meal and traditional Irish food.

This year the kids voted for Irish food.  So I'm going to make Irish shepherd's pie.  I'll also make Irish soda bread--I make that no matter if we are having green food or Irish food.  And I'll make a rainbow fruit plate (strawberries, Cuties orange slices, pineapple pieces, green grapes, blueberries and red (purple) grapes with fruit dip "clouds".  We'll have water to drink and also Shamrock Shakes.  Those will be kept small! :)

I'll make a Shamrock pie for dessert, which is nothing more than a lemon meringue pie colored green. :)

Merilee

Offline wrancher

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2015, 05:16:10 PM »
You guys are creative. I think I am the only person who likes corned beef in my house

Offline mom of 2 boys

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2015, 06:35:29 PM »
We alternate between a green meal and traditional Irish food.

This year the kids voted for Irish food.  So I'm going to make Irish shepherd's pie.  I'll also make Irish soda bread--I make that no matter if we are having green food or Irish food.  And I'll make a rainbow fruit plate (strawberries, Cuties orange slices, pineapple pieces, green grapes, blueberries and red (purple) grapes with fruit dip "clouds".  We'll have water to drink and also Shamrock Shakes.  Those will be kept small! :)

I'll make a Shamrock pie for dessert, which is nothing more than a lemon meringue pie colored green. :)

Merilee

What a great idea making Shamrock shakes! I think I might do that instead of the cheese cake. Thanks, I knew you guys would have great ideas :)

Maleesa
Maleesa