Author Topic: Kale, kale, and more kale  (Read 2016 times)

Offline Rooney

Kale, kale, and more kale
« on: March 09, 2015, 02:12:18 PM »
Right now I have so much kale ready to pick that we can't eat it all in salads.  I mean ALOT, like bed after bed of it.  What should I do with it?  I mean from what I understand it doesn't freeze, and it would take forever to make all of the extra into kale chips.  Any suggestions?  I really need to start doing something with it soon.  It is too good to waste.

Offline greyhoundgirl

Re: Kale, kale, and more kale
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2015, 03:02:49 PM »
We like it sauteed with a bit of bacon and onion...mmmm!  It's also good as the green in Italian Wedding Soup or Zuppa Toscana Soup.

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2015, 08:06:43 AM »
Send me some! Oh, I would love some kale right about now.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline wrancher

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2015, 08:49:00 AM »
You can YouTube show to freeze and dehydrate kale.  You could then have it for soups, chips smoothies. My favorite is Zappa Tuscano soup

Offline Rooney

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2015, 12:20:39 PM »
You can YouTube show to freeze and dehydrate kale.  You could then have it for soups, chips smoothies. My favorite is Zappa Tuscano soup

Thanks Janice!  When I was thinking you couldn't freeze it, I was thinking for salads (the main way we eat it).  Just watched a video on freezing it for soups, pastas and smoothies.  So simple and quick!  I'm just gonna freeze some of it.  I think it will even be good in pizza and pasta sauces. :)