Author Topic: Tuesday, September 17, 2013  (Read 3875 times)

Offline wrancher

Tuesday, September 17, 2013
« on: September 17, 2013, 06:36:59 AM »
Good Morning

Offline Proudmama

Re: Tuesday, September 17, 2013
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2013, 06:44:53 AM »
Good morning!

I have a doctor's visit today and a few errands to run.  It is a beautiful day although a bit chilly but I will enjoy the sunshine while I am out!

After I get home, I have a few little chores to do and also need to turn off my chicken stock which has been cooking in the crockpot since Sunday evening.  I will let it cool,  skim off any fat from the top and put it in containers so I can freeze it.  My produce/food order will be here sometime today so I will need to put that away.  I would also like to read a bit today and work on reducing the clutter a bit.  I have a box in my room that has things I really need to either organize or just throw away.  Every time I go in my room during the day, I take five minutes and go through some of it.  I hope to have it completely gone by the end of the week.

Dinner tonight is pasta with salmon and peas in a cream sauce and salad.

Have a great day!!

Denise

Offline Cheryl

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2013, 06:57:24 AM »
Good morning!

It feels nice outside right now, but supposed to warm up a bit later on. 

I've heard and seen hawks flying around my front yard and around the barn.  I think they've got their eyes on my hens.  They are penned up but I have 2 roosters I keep outside the coop because of the damage they were doing to the hens.  One of the roosters is useless when it comes to warning the hens about danger.  My Rhode Island Red rooster is constantly letting them know when to hide, but I worry the hawks might kill him.  He is blind in one eye and I feel a little sorry for him.

I don't have much planned for today except the usual...school with Emily, a little housework, and I'd like to finish up the bell peppers I have picked by either dehydrating them or freezing them.   

Hope everyone has a great day! :)
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline fishermanwife

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2013, 07:14:45 AM »
Good Morning! Oldest son 10, played his first football game ever last night he is the running back I think? lol he stands in the back and take the ball lol shows you how much I know about football. He got pretty banged  up but thankfully nothing a little ice and ibprophen couldn't fix. A lot of laundry on the list for today and rearranging the kitchen has to get done there is stuff everywhere the poor kids ate dinner sitting on the floor last night, we have 3 cabinets that were too tall to stack stuff in so we built wood shelf inserts to put in them on sunday now to put everything back. If  I get the energy after all that's done the van needs cleaned out and vacuumed but I dunno a nap might look better. Dinner tonight is sketti bc of football practice I can the sauce in crockpot to stay warm. Have a great day everyone.
Norma in Southeast Oklahoma. Wife to Steven, mommy to Abby 16, Keagan 14, Trenten 10, Ollie 7.

Offline bobbie78

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2013, 07:32:39 AM »
Hello ladies.

I have an appointment today at 3. Otherwise, dont have much planned. I do need to finish up kitchen duty since that didnt get finished last night. I didnt feel well so I just let it go. I know, I'm terrible.  I have some laundry to do and some to put away.  And one bathroom needs some attention.

We have an annual festival coming up this weekend in Chad's hometown. Its called an ''apple festival''. I would like to go. I love things like this. But I've had a knot on my knee cap all week and its starting to bug me. I cant walk too good. Hopefully this will go away so I can go and enjoy the festival.

You all have a wonderful Tuesday!
~Bobbie from southern Ohio. Living life with my partner, Chad and two furbabies Punkin and Jade.

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2013, 07:39:23 AM »
Good morning!

So much to do but I'm sitting here trying to decide where to start, lol.  And sipping a cup of Caramel Vanilla Cream coffee.  :)  Maybe that will help me choose.  I have two of the kids scheduled for eye exams so we need to leave about 1:30 for those.  Then I have one tomorrow morning first thing.  We bought the vision insurance at Earl's current job because the price was so low and Maddy and I have to correct our vision so are trying to get everything in before that ends.  We both already used our glasses allowance but can get up to $150 worth of contacts for a $20 copay so will probably go ahead and get stocked up.

I will leave Thursday afternoon and be gone through Sunday night on an Emmaus walk so have been trying to plan out what the rest of my family will eat this weekend.  I'm looking forward to the break from cooking, personally.  :)  Haven't been away since Conference in Nashville last November so this sounds very pleasant.  And of course, starting in a couple of weeks, Earl will only be home for occasional weekends so it's nice to get the break before doing the solo parenting thing for a few months.

We got storms and rain here last night so temps should be a bit cooler today.  I saw where the high is only supposed to be about 94, but of course our humidity is up.  Sure is better than the last few weeks, though.  :)

I've got some fall seeds started indoors.  I got smart and have been misting them to water instead of using a cup or watering can.  Seems like I'd end up with them flooded so much and this seems to be working well.  I added a teensy bit of fish emulsion and Sea 90 to the water so they are being fed at the same time.  Earl had installed a shop light under the cabinets on the added side of our kitchen and we  put the plant light bulbs in it back in the spring.  So I can keep the flats in there where I see them frequently and can keep them watered well.

Well, better get moving on the day.  I logged in to resume my Azure order because I saw they had juice grade apples and wanted to make apple butter but they were all gone.  Oh well.

Have a great day, everyone!
Catherine

Offline wrancher

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2013, 09:09:33 AM »
what? I must have lost other post. I will check back in after helping dh get air seeder going

Offline MoWin

• My Blog
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2013, 10:12:23 AM »
It is pouring down rain again today. I got soaked doing chores, but at least it is warmer than yesterday already. Supposed to get to about 70* today. Sixty degrees was our high yesterday.

Not much planned today. Since I got so  little sleep Sunday night, I really slept in this morning. I knew nothing until 9 o'clock. I hardly ever sleep that late. Oh well, my body must have needed it. I did 40 minutes of kickboxing yesterday after not exercising for 2 weeks. Yikes, about killed me.  :o I hope it goes a bit better today. LOL

I hope to get a bit more done on my Shadowy Stars quilt today. I really want to get it finished so I can start on the new quilt for our bed.  ;D

I hope you all have a wonderful day.

Blessings,
Winona
Winona in northwest Missouri
Wife to Kevin
Mom to Carolyn, Cathryn, Isaiah, Hazel, and Jon
Grandma to Ashton, Ava, Noah, Izabella, and Maddison
Furbabies: Aeris, Buddy, and Callie

Offline wrancher

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2013, 10:15:21 AM »
Ok finally can get on with MY day.  I had a post all typed up but I most not have hit post. ugh  So in short DS won game last night 30-0 and something to 0 in the other game. Football Jamboree Saturday. Should be fun. Fixin to finally head out and haul hay. Our one hay trailer is not good and waiting for local repair man to work on it so I had DH unhook grain trailer from semi so I could haul hay with semi. Otherwise $10,000 for a new trailer. I can haul almost 2 times the bales with the semi also.Never in my wildest days did I ever think I could drive a semi truck. You gotta do what ya gotta do!! So I run in and change loads of clothes around and head back out the door. I need to run into town around 3 to have them fix DDs glasses. The daughter from college left them home as they are very scratched, etc. They are down at satelite office today so need to take the time to do that. Otherwise just haul hay. Too many winter projects looming...

Have a great day
Janice

Tonight I need to finish the pot of salsa I am making. I picked a box of jalapeno and bell peppers yesterday to put in it.

Offline gaggleofseven

« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2013, 03:35:33 PM »
It is pouring down rain again today. I got soaked doing chores, but at least it is warmer than yesterday already. Supposed to get to about 70* today. Sixty degrees was our high yesterday.

Not much planned today. Since I got so  little sleep Sunday night, I really slept in this morning. I knew nothing until 9 o'clock. I hardly ever sleep that late. Oh well, my body must have needed it. I did 40 minutes of kickboxing yesterday after not exercising for 2 weeks. Yikes, about killed me.  :o I hope it goes a bit better today. LOL

I hope to get a bit more done on my Shadowy Stars quilt today. I really want to get it finished so I can start on the new quilt for our bed.  ;D

I hope you all have a wonderful day.

Blessings,
Winona

Winona, what pattern are you using for your new quilt? Have you posted pictures of the Shadowy Stars?
Jennie
There are so many beautiful reasons to be happy!

Offline MoWin

• My Blog
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2013, 05:08:59 PM »
Jennie,

I pieced the Shadowy Stars back in 2010. It was a quilt along from Judy Laquidara. I don't think I have shared any pictures of it. I am so close to being done with the hand quilting, I will wait till it is done to share a picture.  ;D I used a blue wash out pen to mark the whole thing. Just hoping it all comes out when I soak it.

A couple of years ago, I did another quilt along with Amanda Jean (Crazy Mom Quilts). It is a scrappy 36 patch quilt. Each block has only 2 fabrics in it, a light and a dark. I believe there are either 42 or 48 blocks.  :) I want this for our bed. I plan to do simple quilting on it. Haven't really decided yet whether to try a free hand Baptist Fan or just do Xs in each square. I really would like to get this done before winter is over. If I work hard, it takes me on average about 2 months to hand quilt a bed size quilt. I will see if I can find a picture of the scrappy 36 patch top and post in the craft section.  Thanks for asking, honey.

Blessings,
Winona
Winona in northwest Missouri
Wife to Kevin
Mom to Carolyn, Cathryn, Isaiah, Hazel, and Jon
Grandma to Ashton, Ava, Noah, Izabella, and Maddison
Furbabies: Aeris, Buddy, and Callie

Offline gaggleofseven

« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2013, 08:07:55 PM »
Winona, I'll look forward to seeing your Shadowy Stars quilt when the quilting is done. Your second quilt sounds perfect. Is it already pieced and you have the quilting left? My current queen size quilt has been "in progress" for several years, and I am planning on finishing the hand quilting on it over the winter.

Thanks for taking the time to tell me about your projects; it's very encouraging to hear what you're creating!

Blessings,
Jennie
Jennie
There are so many beautiful reasons to be happy!