The Hearth > Managing a Household

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

(1/3) > >>

wrancher:
Good Morning

Proudmama:
Good morning!

I have a doctor's visit today and a few errands to run.  It is a beautiful day although a bit chilly but I will enjoy the sunshine while I am out!

After I get home, I have a few little chores to do and also need to turn off my chicken stock which has been cooking in the crockpot since Sunday evening.  I will let it cool,  skim off any fat from the top and put it in containers so I can freeze it.  My produce/food order will be here sometime today so I will need to put that away.  I would also like to read a bit today and work on reducing the clutter a bit.  I have a box in my room that has things I really need to either organize or just throw away.  Every time I go in my room during the day, I take five minutes and go through some of it.  I hope to have it completely gone by the end of the week.

Dinner tonight is pasta with salmon and peas in a cream sauce and salad.

Have a great day!!

Denise

Cheryl:
Good morning!

It feels nice outside right now, but supposed to warm up a bit later on. 

I've heard and seen hawks flying around my front yard and around the barn.  I think they've got their eyes on my hens.  They are penned up but I have 2 roosters I keep outside the coop because of the damage they were doing to the hens.  One of the roosters is useless when it comes to warning the hens about danger.  My Rhode Island Red rooster is constantly letting them know when to hide, but I worry the hawks might kill him.  He is blind in one eye and I feel a little sorry for him.

I don't have much planned for today except the usual...school with Emily, a little housework, and I'd like to finish up the bell peppers I have picked by either dehydrating them or freezing them.   

Hope everyone has a great day! :)

fishermanwife:
Good Morning! Oldest son 10, played his first football game ever last night he is the running back I think? lol he stands in the back and take the ball lol shows you how much I know about football. He got pretty banged  up but thankfully nothing a little ice and ibprophen couldn't fix. A lot of laundry on the list for today and rearranging the kitchen has to get done there is stuff everywhere the poor kids ate dinner sitting on the floor last night, we have 3 cabinets that were too tall to stack stuff in so we built wood shelf inserts to put in them on sunday now to put everything back. If  I get the energy after all that's done the van needs cleaned out and vacuumed but I dunno a nap might look better. Dinner tonight is sketti bc of football practice I can the sauce in crockpot to stay warm. Have a great day everyone.

bobbie78:
Hello ladies.

I have an appointment today at 3. Otherwise, dont have much planned. I do need to finish up kitchen duty since that didnt get finished last night. I didnt feel well so I just let it go. I know, I'm terrible.  I have some laundry to do and some to put away.  And one bathroom needs some attention.

We have an annual festival coming up this weekend in Chad's hometown. Its called an ''apple festival''. I would like to go. I love things like this. But I've had a knot on my knee cap all week and its starting to bug me. I cant walk too good. Hopefully this will go away so I can go and enjoy the festival.

You all have a wonderful Tuesday!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version