Author Topic: Same meals on certain days of the week?  (Read 1937 times)

Offline mom of 2 boys

Same meals on certain days of the week?
« on: March 18, 2015, 09:37:45 AM »
 I am starting to do this next week. I think it will make it a little easier for me to know what were having and make meal planning easier. Anyone else do this? Here is what I have so far.

Meatless Monday
Taco Tuesday
Wednesday is open for anything
Thursday is open for anything
Friday Pizza night
Sat open for out to eat, left overs or just a quick meal since we are always on the go that day.
Sunday I am thinking nice big family meal?

Maleesa
Maleesa

Offline greyhoundgirl

Re: Same meals on certain days of the week?
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2015, 01:51:31 PM »
Not exactly, but I am often making a roast chicken one day, and baked steaks in the crockpot another day.  With my work schedule varying, it's more like I plan those on days I know I'll be gone all day.

Offline Rooney

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2015, 02:37:24 PM »
See, where as menu planning doesn't work well for me, I think this would have more of a chance.  I do always have whatever meat we are going to eat on Sunday already cooked and ready to reheat every week.  So Sunday is always a meat and several veggies meal.  If I am going to cook a "big" meal it is on Saturday.  Friday's are usually either pizza or a baked pasta.  Other than that the rest of the week isn't really planned at all.  Although, I do have about 12-14 meals that I like to rotate so that makes it easier.  Not all that interesting, but easier.

Offline mom of 2 boys

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2015, 08:26:17 PM »
Not exactly, but I am often making a roast chicken one day, and baked steaks in the crockpot another day.  With my work schedule varying, it's more like I plan those on days I know I'll be gone all day.

When I am going to be gone I do bake ahead casseroles or crockpot meals. When we get home it is pretty much plate up and we can sit and eat. Makes life so much easier.

Maleesa
Maleesa

Offline mom of 2 boys

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2015, 08:27:27 PM »
See, where as menu planning doesn't work well for me, I think this would have more of a chance.  I do always have whatever meat we are going to eat on Sunday already cooked and ready to reheat every week.  So Sunday is always a meat and several veggies meal.  If I am going to cook a "big" meal it is on Saturday.  Friday's are usually either pizza or a baked pasta.  Other than that the rest of the week isn't really planned at all.  Although, I do have about 12-14 meals that I like to rotate so that makes it easier.  Not all that interesting, but easier.

I need to make a list of meals to rotate. Thanks for the idea :)

Maleesa
Maleesa