Author Topic: Thursday, March 26  (Read 905 times)

Offline 4kidsmom

Thursday, March 26
« on: March 26, 2015, 07:40:11 AM »
Good morning!

The sun is about to rise and it's going to be a beautiful day!

Christie's 16th birthday was a success!  I did tell her I would be happy to go "all out" (within reason, of course) on the celebration but she's actually a pretty low-key girl so what we did was just what she wanted.  She also got the gifts she wanted.

Now it's time to think about Jordan's birthday.  He'll be 14 next Wednesday.  Yes, their birthdays are 1 week apart (but there's 2 years difference).

Today's list isn't that much different from the usual.  House pick up, laundry, child care, drop offs and pick ups.  Alex has another dentist appointment this morning to fix some cavities.  I want to get started on garage clean up.  Need to research toilets since we need to replace the upstairs one. Thanks for all the advice yesterday. 

Dinner tonight is parmesan chicken, au gratin potatoes, roasted broccoli and caesar salad.  This will be Christie's birthday dinner.  She decided to have it tonight instead of yesterday so we wouldn't have to rush.  On Wednesdays, Jordan gets home from football about 6 pm, then the teens have church activities at 6:30 so no time for a nice leisurely dinner.

Have a great day!

Merilee

Offline Linda

Re: Thursday, March 26
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2015, 07:51:18 AM »
Merilee, glad your daughter had a nice birthday... enjoy your day.

We got some much needed rain last night here in my part of Kansas.It has been a very cold winter but without hardly any moisture, so the rain was a welcomed site.

Today i have some banking to do this morning, and the usual clean up and my walk this afternoon.

Dinner tonight is Biscuits,Gravy, Bacon and sausage...

Have a great day Ladies.

Offline MissMandy

• ♥ Summer 2015 ♥
    • The Finstad Homestead
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2015, 09:49:35 AM »
Morning Ladies!

Well, it's still morning here in the east for another 19 minutes ;)

I've been to class at the gym and back, had my coffee and breakfast, and done a bit of NSA work.  It's supposed to be stormy here today, but so far it's just warm and sunny; I'll take it!  Jean said it was raining pretty hard where he's working in DC (about an hour+ east of us) earlier, but we only had a short period of gray skies and it cleared back up. 

Tonight we're headed to CrossFit night at our chiropractor's office, where Jean's CrossFit coaches are introducing the workout to anyone from the public who wants to come and learn more.  Afterwards I think we might go to dinner with our chiro and CrossFit friends and wives.  If not, we'll have pork chops.

Tomorrow our friend and CPA is coming over at 9AM to do our taxes (well, to get the info that he needs), so I need to do a bit of cleanup around the house and prep some breakfast-type snacks to have.  I also have a load of laundry to get in and the bed to make.

Well, I'd best get to it!  Enjoy this beautiful day, ladies!

Mandy
Mandy, wife to Jean, furmama to Irish Wolfhound Grimmauld (Grimm), living in the mountains of Virginia.  Childless by circumstance and loving it! ♥

shedrinkzcoffee

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2015, 12:55:47 PM »
Good Morning!  (whats left of it here on the west coast  ;)  )

We're having lunch.. grilled cheese and tomato soup and it is SO good!  Its a lovely day here.  Supped to be 84*, I believe.  I have laundry on the line and another load read to be hung out.  I got a blueberry bush a few days ago and I have it on the patio getting some sun.  Its already producing berries so I am happy.

Dinner tonight.. not sure yet.  It need to be something easy and quick though.  We have our church life group tonight.

Have a great day, everyone!

Offline Rooney

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2015, 01:48:23 PM »
Hi girls.

So funny how I think I am going to get certain things done in a day and those things change into something completely different.  Like yesterday, I had planned to do lots of deep cleaning, but ran out of a few of my cleaning supplies.  Still got my china all washed and put back away and the laundry room cleaned out, but that was as far as it went.  I ended up doing more food prep that I anticipated.  Got chicken and ground beef cooked for meals through the weekend.  Got stew beef cooked for beef stew, probably Saturday (it has turned off cold again so that will be good).  Got several dozen eggs boiled and in the fridge, beans cooked, enough for 4 different meals (I will use one portion today for kids supper and put the rest in the freezer).  Got several pounds of carrots cut into sticks and washed, but they have already eaten those.  Now I think I might make my way into the kitchen and cook up about 100 pancakes for breakfasts this weekend.  Also really need to make several pans of cornbread and put away and several pans of granola bars.  We'll see how far the kids let me get on that. ;)   Should get my cleaning supplies tonight, so will hop back to that tomorrow!

Erica, where did you manage to get a blueberry bush that is already producing?  So jealous.  I want one too!

Mandy, your day sounds like so much fun to me. :)

Merilee, we have 2 birthdays only weeks apart too this month.  One was on the 18th and we have another one Monday, and my mom's was on the 13th.  Now Easter just a few days later.  Getting expensive, but around here we LOVE birthdays.

Linda, we got rained on also yesterday.  I want the sun back. :P

Winona, are you still out there?  Miss you.

Blessings,
Lindsay

shedrinkzcoffee

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2015, 08:53:19 PM »
Lindsay.. I got it at Walmart, of all places!  LOL   ;)