Author Topic: Tues. March 31st  (Read 779 times)

Offline MoWin

• My Blog
Tues. March 31st
« on: March 31, 2015, 10:34:11 AM »
Good morning,
   I for one an glad to see the end of March. It is a beautiful day here today. It is already 74*, sunshine, and light breezes.
   I have not been on here for a while. Last week was rough. Monday, I went to help mom. She always checks on her cousin who lives a couple of doors down. She came running back to me saying that Dan is dead. Well, I ran down to check for a pulse, but it was obvious that he had died during the night. I have had a hard time getting that picture out of my head, but things are better this week. The funeral is over and life goes on.
   I just pulled the first sweet potato slips off my SP. We have radishes up. Yep, spring is finally here. I think I will wait till after Easter then get me just a few layer chicks, probably 4-5 and a rooster. I miss my chicks.
   Also, I made the decision to apply at Joann's and Hobby Lobby. I would rather be home, but this is what I need to do right now. I had the chance to go back to OCC, but after prayer and talking with Kevin and my friend Kerry, I decided not to go back into the hornets nest. Besides, I think I can find a job with a better fit.  ;) Please pray for me to find something decent. I don't think Kevin is really able to work out much. He has terrible back issues, but does not want to go to all the doctors it would take to try for disability. Plus he really doesn't want to be classified as disabled.  :( We have enough to get by till his retirement kicks in, but it would not include any extras. I found I really like the net, although, I have been careful to not let it control me.  ;)
   So, you all have a great day. I think I will head outside. The birds are calling my name.  ;D
Blessings,
Winona
Winona in northwest Missouri
Wife to Kevin
Mom to Carolyn, Cathryn, Isaiah, Hazel, and Jon
Grandma to Ashton, Ava, Noah, Izabella, and Maddison
Furbabies: Aeris, Buddy, and Callie

Offline pamgonzo

Re: Tues. March 31st
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2015, 11:41:08 AM »
Oh Dear Winona!  I am so sorry to hear about your Mom's cousin.  I'm sure that was so difficult for both of you.
I will keep you all in my prayers.
Good luck with the job search!  I'll bet either of those places would love to have your quilting/fabric expertise on staff! 

As for my day, it has been more of the same ol' thing!  I did run a couple of errands earlier.  I would rather just stay home.  My $10 trip to Target ended up to be $80!  I don't usually do things like that, but I decided to put together a small Easter basket for each of my 3 boys.  A $15 gift card, a bag of jelly beans, a bunny, and splitting of another package of candy.  Sure doesn't look like much, but I know they will appreciate it.

I ran the vacuum, something that so so so needed to be done!  I have lots to keep me busy for the rest of the day.  I need to do an update on two bathrooms and the kitchen, so I need to look at paint samples and color schemes and make some decisions.  (the hardest part).  Once I know what I am doing, it will be easier!

Dinner is hot turkey sandwiches with potatoes and gravy, steamed asparagus, and a salad.

Hope everyone has a great day!!
Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline Rooney

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2015, 12:19:33 PM »
Wow!  What a gorgeous day it is shaping up to be outside!

We had a birthday around here yesterday.  Zach turned 12.  We had a little party at home for him with just us.  He requested homemade pizzas for his birthday meal.  That was easy.  He asked for a new "big person's" wallet (you know, one without cartoon characters on them).  He also asked for a remote control truck so he and his brother have been driving both of theirs around here, so I have to watch where I walk.  Oh, and do you remember Spirograph?  My kids love those!  So we got him a nice kit.  We played pin the tail on the donkey too.  With littles, that is really fun.  They were actually pretty good at it.  I expected to have donkey tails all over the walls. LOL :)  Got lots of good pictures.  Got a really good one of him blowing out the candles and a really cute one of little Eli cramming a big piece of cake into his mouth whole!

As for today, after they finish eating, will need to finish school for the day.  Need to run several loads of laundry and do some ironing.  Also, need to keep gathering stuff for the yard sale.  Need to remember ask hubby to grab some tags for me on the way home so I can start pricing some of this stuff.  I have only done one yard sale, so if any of you have any helpful hints, I would love to hear them. :)  After school, I am sure the kids will want to get outside and run off some of this energy that they seem to have in endless amounts.  Wish they could pass some of that on to me.

Winona, so sorry you had such a rough week. :(  I think you are right about not going back to your old job.  If you are going to work, why make it at a miserable place?  I have an aunt that works at a smaller craft store and really likes it.

Pam, you reminded me I need to figure out something for Easter.  ???

Have a beautiful day ladies!
Lindsay

Offline wrancher

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2015, 06:42:51 AM »
Winona.

Glad to see you post. So sorry about your loss.  I can't imagine.
But good for you for going after a job you will enjoy.  You will be a natural. Praying you get a job.