Author Topic: cleaning a new to you house  (Read 1185 times)

Offline Mountain Mama

cleaning a new to you house
« on: April 14, 2015, 07:49:57 AM »
We are going to be moving.  The house looks absolutely sparkling clean.  How far would you go to reclean it?  Something about someone else having lived there makes me feel like doing at least some disinfecting.  Would you clean or just move on in?

~Blessings~
  Cindy

Offline greyhoundgirl

Re: cleaning a new to you house
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2015, 08:01:25 AM »
Me being me, I'd probably wipe down toilets with disinfectant and wipe out kitchen cabinets with just a damp cloth.  Otherwise, if it looks great, I'd probably just enjoy that!

Happy Moving!

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
Re: cleaning a new to you house
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2015, 08:58:15 AM »
When we moved into our "new to us home" 1 1/2 years ago, the lady really cleaned it well. We just did a quick wipe down of the cupboard shelving and basically just moved right on in! It didn't bother us that someone else was there just days before because we had gotten to know them a bit and built a friendship. By getting to know someone also helps to know them. I was told that when we bought "those" peoples house that you could eat off of the floor. That was all I needed to hear. We didn't even carpet clean. The holes in the wall from hanging items had been filled and painted and these are all clues that the home was move-in ready. Go for it!

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats