Author Topic: Tuesday, April 14  (Read 785 times)

Offline 4kidsmom

Tuesday, April 14
« on: April 14, 2015, 08:05:51 AM »
Good morning!

Beautiful, sunny morning today.  We are supposed to get rain this afternoon.  I hope we do.  I've mentioned how dry our winter is, so I will welcome any rain we get.  The more we get now, the longer we can wait to turn on our outside water and the less water we have to use to water the lawn.

Today's looking like a pretty light day.  I have two baskets of laundry to put away.  Ironing to do.  Taxes to finish.  I've got bread in the machine right now so when it's done I'll bake it.  I've got a soup to make to use up some leeks that I was given.  I'm also going to make a cake so we can have strawberry shortcake for dessert tonight.  I've done pretty good at using up food in the fridge and pantry--I haven't been to the grocery store in 2 weeks except yesterday I had to get some buns for our shredded beef sandwiches.  I haven't even had to get milk because we have a good powdered milk that tastes pretty good if it's made 24 hours in advance.  I'll look at my list and see what other little projects I can be working on today.

Have a great day!

Merilee

Offline pamgonzo

Re: Tuesday, April 14
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2015, 01:42:06 PM »
Nice sunny day here finally!!  It is nice to have some sunshine!

Merilee: 2 weeks out of the store?  That would be awesome!  I am a once a weeker, and I try to stay out in between.
During the winter months I only leave my house twice a week.  Sundays for church, and Wednesdays for errands.  I spend a lot less money during the winter, that's for sure!!

I went to get groceries today.  Went to Aldi and Meijer.  I felt like I did a really good job with $$ today.  I should have what we need for two weeks other than produce that won't survive that long, and milk. 

Dinner tonight is grilled chicken rice bowls.  Should be easy to pull together. 

I have one load of laundry to finish up and get taken care of yet today.
Hope everyone has a great rest of their day!
Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline luv2bmom

Re: Tuesday, April 14
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2015, 02:18:52 PM »
Good afternoon!!

I've been doing chores today, nothing very exciting!  My mother in law and sister in law (they live together) moved back to Ohio from TN in Feb.  They moved into their new place last week so today I made her a table runner and centerpiece for her dining room table.  I think she will like it!

Dh wanted egg salad for dinner today and with a fresh loaf of bread it's gonna be good.  He is so easy to please!! 

In a few weeks we will be visiting Pigeon Forge again and so excited my brother and sister in law will be going with us!  So fun to go with another couple especially since they have never been!

Have a good evening!!!! 
« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 02:54:07 PM by luv2bmom »
Pixie, wife to Coby
mother to Megan, Amanda
and to our beloved late son Braden
Baboo to Mont, Ada, Brinly and Brielle
mil to Warren and Marcus