Author Topic: restocking my pantry  (Read 2272 times)

Offline luv2bmom

restocking my pantry
« on: April 14, 2015, 01:52:19 PM »
I have been slowly using up much of our pantry storage.  I'm getting better at keeping an eye on best usage dates.

Now that i've made some extra room my plan is to restock on canned goods, i'm down to just a dozen or so left!

I was watching the world news today and so much around the world is not sounding good and I felt the need to start my food storage asap again! 

How are you all doing??
Pixie, wife to Coby
mother to Megan, Amanda
and to our beloved late son Braden
Baboo to Mont, Ada, Brinly and Brielle
mil to Warren and Marcus

Offline Rooney

Re: restocking my pantry
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2015, 08:30:55 AM »
Pixie, I would love a re-stocked pantry, but I have to try to do it a little at a time since we go through so much every month. :)  I guess the main thing I would like to restock is a freezer item.  We need to purchase another cow, but prices soared, so I don't know when we will get to. :P  I am not much on buying canned goods, but I have been buying at least an extra 5 pound bag of some type of dried beans each month.  I think I may buy some extra rice to put away next month as well.  We already have tomatoes everywhere in the greenhouse, so it would be nice to be able to put some of those away for soups, but the kids eat them as quickly as they grow, so who knows? ;) :)

Offline luv2bmom

Re: restocking my pantry
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2015, 02:44:17 PM »
Lindsay,   I'm excited for our garden this year to can some veggies.  I took a couple yrs off of canning but my daughter wants to help me this year so I'll have a buddy!  We actually started many plants from seed this year my first time ever! 

We also get a 1/4 of beef ever year and now I realize dh and I don't need that much at one time.  Trying to reevaluate our needs and pretty much decided on ordering through Omaha Steaks, they have really good deals quite often and their products are amazing. 

I'm doing really good on health and first aide supplies for my pantry!   Plus rice, wheat berries and powdered milk.....
Pixie, wife to Coby
mother to Megan, Amanda
and to our beloved late son Braden
Baboo to Mont, Ada, Brinly and Brielle
mil to Warren and Marcus