Author Topic: Thrusday, April 16  (Read 845 times)

Offline wrancher

Thrusday, April 16
« on: April 16, 2015, 06:36:13 AM »
Good morning

Offline wrancher

Re: Thrusday, April 16
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2015, 06:49:20 AM »
Excited today is our Friday. Love a 4 day school week!  I can't wait till kids are home 3 days. Nothing special planned just not going to school.  I think I get more excited for summer than they do.  Today just a home day.  I need to move my chicks to a bigger set up this weekend.  How do you get a chicken to keep from setting? Tired of her being so protective. I had ross take care of my rooster that was giving me problems ready to do that with this chicken. Lots I want to do hopefully I have time to get it all done. 

Coffee time..
Janice

Offline 4kidsmom

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2015, 07:12:55 AM »
Good morning!

Well, snow fell all day yesterday and into the evening.  It's supposed warm up enough that the snow will probably be all melted by tonight. :)

I would love to get outside and do some cleaning up but I think it'll be too wet.  So hopefully that can get done tomorrow.

Today I'm going to deep clean my bathrooms.  Also I'm going to work on my office.  It's a never-ending job!  And, as always, I have a list of jobs that I'd like to do that can be fit in here and there as I find pockets of time. 

Have a great day!

Merilee

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2015, 09:56:58 AM »
Good Morning Ladies!   (for another few minutes anyway!)

Merilee:  if we had snow, I don't know what I would do!!  I am so beyond tolerating winter-ness!!  We got rain overnight, and it is damp and gloomy -- again!!  I am hoping it clears enough for me to get out for a walk later.  I went for a 3 1/2 mile walk with a friend yesterday, and I felt so accomplished afterwards!  I really really really need to get back into a walking habit!!!

I also need to deep clean my upstairs bathroom. I have paint for it, and I need to start prepping to get that done.  I just have to get my mind right with it to be able to tackle the project!!

Other than that, I don't have a lot of plans for my day.  Just enjoying some peace and quiet around here!!

Hope everyone enjoys their day, and gets a lot accomplished!! 

Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline MoWin

• My Blog
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2015, 10:37:19 AM »
Janice, the way I have broken a hen from going broody is to put her in a separate cage. Put the cage where it will receive lots of light. They like dark quiet places to set. Just put a bit of feed and water in with her and leave her be. I would say she would be broke in about a week. Of course, if she is a breed that goes broody easily, she will probably go broody again in a month or so. Good luck.

Merilee, you must be fairly close to Denver, Colorado. Our son is working in Denver. He called last night and said it had snowed all day. He is ready to fly home this weekend. LOL He said he thought Missouri weather was crazy!  ::) Doesn't hold a candle to Colorado.

Blessings,
Winona
Winona in northwest Missouri
Wife to Kevin
Mom to Carolyn, Cathryn, Isaiah, Hazel, and Jon
Grandma to Ashton, Ava, Noah, Izabella, and Maddison
Furbabies: Aeris, Buddy, and Callie