Author Topic: Friday, April 17  (Read 1274 times)

Offline luv2bmom

Friday, April 17
« on: April 17, 2015, 06:40:19 AM »
Good morning!
Pixie, wife to Coby
mother to Megan, Amanda
and to our beloved late son Braden
Baboo to Mont, Ada, Brinly and Brielle
mil to Warren and Marcus

Offline luv2bmom

Re: Friday, April 17
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2015, 06:47:46 AM »
Having the last of my coffee and planning my day!  I have laundry to do and really need to paint the half bathroom.  I've had the paint for a month and the room prepped but haven't committed to it yet.  Dh installed granite vanity tops in 2 of our bathrooms and so happy with it! 

I soaked a pot of pintos and white northerns over night, gonna cook those in a bit with loads of ham.

Hope everyone has a good day, looks like rain here !  Take care
Pixie, wife to Coby
mother to Megan, Amanda
and to our beloved late son Braden
Baboo to Mont, Ada, Brinly and Brielle
mil to Warren and Marcus

Offline sbdriver

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2015, 06:49:53 AM »
Morning Pixie  :)

Another beautiful day here, supposed to get up to 20 AND it's Friday lol.

I had a new countertop put in my kitchen this week. Had to touch up some paint where they took tiles off since I now have a backsplash. Got everything put back last night and it looks awesome! I had asked them this past Sept if they could glue one section, there was a huge crack in the corner and I was catching my hand on it. They came and looked, decided they'd give me a new countertop and called and installed it on Tues. What a difference!

Only have 2 1/2 months left of school so really scrimping now to save a bit to cover me while I'm off for the summer. Love time off but not the no money part  :-\

Have a great  day everyone!
Laurie
Many hands make light work

Offline sbdriver

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2015, 06:51:29 AM »
Pixie I've had my paint for a year now to do my stairwells lol  ;D It's on the list just have to make myself get at it. The walls are so high on the landings though it's a bit of a challenge. No money to pay someone to do it for me though.
Laurie
Many hands make light work

Offline 4kidsmom

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2015, 08:10:06 AM »
Good morning!

Well, the snow is gone and we are back to springtime.  ;D

In spite of the lists I've posted the last 2 days, I have actually accomplished very little.  So today is a catch-up day.  I'll do all the stuff I neglected to do and some more besides.

Tonight is a church dinner so I need to make a pasta salad for that.  And that's all the food prep I have to do for today. :)

Tomorrow is Steven's (DH) birthday so I need to ask him what's for dinner and make sure I have everything.  I also need to go buy his presents.  He needs a new drill--the one we have now is fine for household repairs and craft projects and the like but he needs a heavy duty one for outside jobs.  He also enjoys drinking herbal tea and would like a big mug for that.

Have a great day!

Merilee

Offline fishermanwife

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2015, 08:54:31 AM »
Good morning everyone. I'm baking keagan a cake for his 12th birthday today man I can't believe I'm old enough for my kids to be so big lol. He has requested a skateboard pokemon cake which is a first for me so we will see what it turns out to be. Cleaning and reorganizing the kitchen while I'm in there bc it's gotten out of control with being busy with kids school and sports. Hoping I will have time to hop on the real puter later and pay for the classes I need to take to be a teacher assistant next year or at the very least an aide and work up, I'm already subbing for the 3 and 4 yr old prek so to have a real classroom would be great. We'll better get up before I get unmotivated, have a great day everyone.
Norma in Southeast Oklahoma. Wife to Steven, mommy to Abby 16, Keagan 14, Trenten 10, Ollie 7.

Offline MoWin

• My Blog
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2015, 11:05:41 AM »
Good morning ladies,
   It has been a dreary couple of weeks around here. Lots of showers and drizzle, but it never gives us much moisture. We have storms coming in this afternoon through the weekend, so hopefully we will get some substantial rain. We did have sunshine yesterday and this morning. It was nice to see the sun.  :D
   I had a busy day yesterday. I got up and got the brooder house ready for babies. Then I drove to Orschelns to pick out my babies. I bought 5 pullets and a rooster. After I got them settled into the brooder house, I decided they looked lonely. So I went back to Orschelns and bought 2 more pullets and 10 of the frypan specials. They had the frypan specials for $.50 each. That is much better.  ;) I have missed having chickens and have kicked myself many times for getting rid of all of mine.
   I also stocked up on meat that our local stores had on sale. We divided the meat into meal size portions and vacuum sealed them. I then defrosted the freezer (a job that I hate, but needed to be done) and got the meat all neatly stored inside. Then I cleaned and reorganized the freezer part of our fridge. It looks much nicer. I didn't get to sit down till 6 last night, but it felt good to get so much accomplished. On the down side, I twisted my knee a bit, so I am kind of hop-a-long today. I am hoping a day of rest will heal it. Which is better, ice or heat?
   Isaiah called last night. He is currently working in Denver. He said it had been snowing all day. He is flying home tonight for the weekend and said he would bring Maddison to see us tomorrow. I haven't seen her since Christmas, so I am excited. I wish it was supposed to rain tomorrow, but it is what it is.  ::)
You all have a wonderful day.
Blessings,
Winona

Winona in northwest Missouri
Wife to Kevin
Mom to Carolyn, Cathryn, Isaiah, Hazel, and Jon
Grandma to Ashton, Ava, Noah, Izabella, and Maddison
Furbabies: Aeris, Buddy, and Callie

Offline Rooney

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2015, 12:04:55 PM »
Hi ladies.

Been one of those days today.  2 of the kids kept us up till daylight, but they didn't even seem to know why? Weird. ???  I had an appointment about an hour and a half away, so had to get up early and felt really crummy from being up all night.  Got up and got ready, made snacks for everyone, and got everyone fed and ready.  Hubby called saying he was running late to pick us up because he ran over a nail and had to get a tire fixed.  So we finally get on the road 30 minutes late and they call to cancel the appointment.  Yep.  That was really fine I guess because today is going to be beautiful and the kids want to play outside and mow. (I have people that actually enjoy mowing around here).  Just wish I would have known earlier.  So we are going to rest for a while and then get outside a bit.  Hubby was more than happy to go back to work instead (he is SO busy) and we are more than happy to get out in some pretty weather. 

I have a pile of dishes sitting on my kitchen counter today.  I am wondering how when you have 3 dishwashers that they can all get the same issue in a two week period. ???  Hubby figured out what to do to fix them last night, will buy the required tool today, and says he can have all 3 running in a couple of hours.  We'll see. ;)  We have warranties on all of them, but I need them now to be able to keep up and would be thrilled if he could just fix one of them today to get us by. :)

I may actually try to get some more stuff out of storage and go through it today for the yard sale next month.  I like to take it out in the front yard and go through it, so it would be a good afternoon to try that.  We'll see how much energy I have in an hour or so. ;)

Winona, good to hear from you again!  All of your rain must have been saving itself up for us over here.  We have had so much of it! Major flooding.  Not at our house, because we live in a high elevated area, but in the city and especially the next city over.

Enjoy your day everyone!
Blessings,
Lindsay

Offline wrancher

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2015, 12:33:52 PM »
Good Afternoon

Busy times. I have the basement cleaned but I need to finish my upstairs. I just fed everyone and they headed to Ross' brothers for a branding. I have the afternoon to myself until Megan gets back from college. Trying to get all my work done today. Tomorrow we are gone to a basketball tourney and ross at bull sale. I am headed over to my storage shed that is just a disaster. I am so embarassed. I wont get it all done but baby steps. Megan will be needing bed out of there so that will help. Well to many interruptions. Better go get busy. Seed salesman just left off a really nice cooler bag, gloves and a $50 gift certificate to our local steakhouse. I ordered a new office chair ours has the leather wearing off, cant wait for that to come today.

Have a great day
Nice to see all of you on here today

Janice

Offline calicogirl

• Buddy
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2015, 04:00:16 PM »
The chicks are so cute Winona! I know you are looking forward to having Madison visit. Take some pics if you can. It's been awhile since I've seen her

Love ya
Teresa
Teresa in North AL
Married to Greg
Mom to Brandon,Heather,John,Amy,Melanie,Trey and Joel
Step Mom to Peggy
Nana to Elizabeth,Brianna,Joshua, Raylan and Olivia
Fur-mama to 2 dogs and 2 cats
Feather-mama to 2 parrots and 27 chickens

Offline MoWin

• My Blog
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2015, 05:21:09 PM »
Oh my goodness Teresa, I can't believe how much Raylan has grown. He is a big boy now and not a baby. Cute. I will try to remember pics.
Blessings,
Winona
Winona in northwest Missouri
Wife to Kevin
Mom to Carolyn, Cathryn, Isaiah, Hazel, and Jon
Grandma to Ashton, Ava, Noah, Izabella, and Maddison
Furbabies: Aeris, Buddy, and Callie