Author Topic: Thursday, April 23, 2015  (Read 1711 times)

Offline wrancher

Thursday, April 23, 2015
« on: April 23, 2015, 07:03:52 AM »
Good morning

Offline greyhoundgirl

Re: Thursday, April 23, 2015
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2015, 07:09:55 AM »
Good morning, Janice!

Offline wrancher

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2015, 07:11:59 AM »
Hopefully a day without wind.  We are hoping to get rain this weekend.  I am sure it won't be what we need but hopefully we get something.  Today is chores and a few extra things outside.  I will go in for spelling bee awards at 2 then bring kids home.  I need a quick pickup of house and work on garage. I have been working on pulling weeds around here. Mainly grass that we don't want growing.  I worked a little on flower beds last night.  I LOVE spring but oh so much to do. 

Coffee time...
Janice

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2015, 07:17:11 AM »
Just sitting here sipping some juice.  I've been sick since Sunday night, though I'm on the mend.  Fever, aches, sore throat, etc... .  Going to the doctor today for my hip issue so will have her take a look at my throat, just in case it's something more than a virus.  It feels swollen to me.  Yesterday was my first day back at work, having called off Monday and Tuesday. 

In other news, I did put in my notice last week at work.  It's a great place to work, just not the right time for me to be working.  Kinda happy and sad all at once.  I don't like letting people down and I think I was a good worker for them after they got me trained.  Did my best, anyway.  Today, I'm at the little branch library near home...was kind of excited about doing those days.  Next Saturday, the 2nd, will be my last day. 

Garden is coming right along.  Feels like Russian Roulette many days with the crazy storms, though crazy storms are to be expected this time of year.  We did not get the bad storm predicted for last night; it went just south of us.  On the good side, though, we've been able to fill up the rain barrels and keep everything watered well with rain water so far this season.

Well, need to get kids to school, come home, do a few things, then get to that appointment.  Hope you all have a wonderful day!

Catherine

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2015, 09:34:14 AM »
Good Morning Janice & Catherine and all who follow!
(at least it is morning for a few more minutes!)

I am on laundry duty today.  It shouldn't take me too long to get it all done.  It sure is different doing wash for just the two of us as opposed to five!  Especially since we both only put clothes in the laundry that actually NEED to be washed.  (not clothes we found on the floor that were actually clean!!)   ;)

We have dinner plans with a group of friends tonight.  That will be fun.  It is always nice to get together with friends we don't get to see very often.

Catherine: I'll bet it was a hard decision to put in your notice, but you know what's best for you and your family!  I'm sure they will be sad to lose you. 

We are still in the Spring cold snap, but things are looking up soon.  They are talking about a "warm up".  Into the 50's!  I would think a warm up would be in the 70's, but since we have been in the 30's & 40's for a few days, I guess technically the 50's would constitute a "warm up"!!  I'm just happy the snow is not flying like it was yesterday! 

Hope everyone had a great day!
Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

shedrinkzcoffee

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2015, 09:44:34 AM »
Good morning, ladies.

I'm having some coffee and then going to do my hair and make up for the day.  I am going to the church to volunteer in the office this morning and I would prefer to not look like a ragamuffin, LOL. 

After volunteering, its home for lunch and some cleaning before getting Trevor to swim practice and we have life group this evening.  Busy day but it should be good!  Gotta figure out when to make the taco meat for dinner in there too.. thinking I can have my oldest cook it for me today.

No working out today but I'll be at the gym tomorrow morning.  Getting back in to a routine.  I hurt my back and then my grandpa passed away so I was out of town.. had not been to the gym in 2 and a half weeks.  Started back Monday and I am so happy to be back and getting in to a rhythm again.

Offline 4kidsmom

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2015, 10:19:07 AM »
Good morning!

Today's going to be a puttering-around kind of day.  Just going to be working on things here and there, including laundry.

Tonight Steven and I are going out with his parents for dinner to celebrate his birthday.  I will make something simple for the children.

Also tonight Alex has his first soccer practice.  He is very excited about it. :)

Hope you all have a good day!

Merilee

Offline Rooney

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2015, 10:45:49 AM »
Good morning, ladies.

I'm having some coffee and then going to do my hair and make up for the day.  I am going to the church to volunteer in the office this morning and I would prefer to not look like a ragamuffin, LOL. 

After volunteering, its home for lunch and some cleaning before getting Trevor to swim practice and we have life group this evening.  Busy day but it should be good!  Gotta figure out when to make the taco meat for dinner in there too.. thinking I can have my oldest cook it for me today.

No working out today but I'll be at the gym tomorrow morning.  Getting back in to a routine.  I hurt my back and then my grandpa passed away so I was out of town.. had not been to the gym in 2 and a half weeks.  Started back Monday and I am so happy to be back and getting in to a rhythm again.

Erica, so incredibly sorry about your grandpa. :(  You talked like you were very close with him and that had to be a rough week for you. :(  Next time you have to go back home (under better circumstances, I hope) maybe you can stop by for a visit.  I think we may be kinda on the way.

shedrinkzcoffee

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2015, 03:44:07 PM »
Good morning, ladies.

Erica, so incredibly sorry about your grandpa. :(  You talked like you were very close with him and that had to be a rough week for you. :(  Next time you have to go back home (under better circumstances, I hope) maybe you can stop by for a visit.  I think we may be kinda on the way.

It was difficult and the time there was.. challenging. Better watch out though because had I not been at my cousins, I would have stayed with you.. LOLOLOLOL!!!!