Author Topic: Wednesday, September 18, 2013  (Read 4421 times)

Offline wrancher

Wednesday, September 18, 2013
« on: September 18, 2013, 06:10:05 AM »
Good Morning

Offline wrancher

Re: Wednesday, September 18, 2013
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2013, 06:33:03 AM »
Well another day of hay hauling. I had to take a break yesterday and run DDs glasses in that they will send in and get her a new pair and ran a few errands so that took an hour. I will be at this job for a while while Dh is planting winter wheat. I need some time to clean out my walk in cooler as something sticky is on the floor out there. I also need to get some mail ready as it is mail day. We only get mail 3 days a week Mon, WED, fRI so you need to be prepared, Well I need in shower and it is finally free. 

Have a good day

Janice

Offline mooremama

• Sam and the boys
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2013, 06:48:36 AM »
Good morning  :D

After being gone all day long yesterday, today is an at home day until I go get Lainey at school.  Thank heavens.  I just don't enjoy being gone from home anymore.  :-\

Today I have 2 or 3 loads of laundry to wash and get on the line.  I'm sure there's plenty more to do but I'm drawing a blank right now.  Maybe I"ll start my to-do list with another cup of coffee.  ;)

Tonight is pork fried rice using l/o pork chops from Sunday's lunch.  I'll steam some broccoli to go with it.  We also have church at 6:30 so supper will need to be done a little earlier than normal. 

Beth
Beth in western NC
Wife of Sam for 27 years,
Mother of Aaron (26) and Caylon (24)
MIL to Bo
Nan to Lainey Beth (7), Stephen Holden (3) and Samuel Evan (2)
Furmama to Bonnie and Jake
Barnyard Mama to 2 goats, 3 turkeys and oodles of chickens.

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2013, 07:00:42 AM »
Good morning!

Errands this morning...eye dr for me and another stop or two I want to make while out.  The kids need t-shirts in their team colors by soccer practice tomorrow so I want to check Hobby Lobby for those.  Max needs purple and I'm not sure where else would have purple for a boy, lol.  Mallory needs brown of all the colors, and Morgan orange.  Maddy white but she has that.  Micah grey which should be easy to find.  I'd also like to browse in Hobby Lobby for some Christmas gift inspiration.  I haven't done much in the making gifts department the last few years but am really needing to this year in the interest of cost and have no clue as to what to make my parents.

We got more rain yesterday which was very welcome.  The garden is looking pretty pitiful after the last few weeks of heat but there is more out there than at this time most years.  :)

Tonight is a church potluck.  I'm planning to take Pioneer Woman's Lazy Chili Rellenos and probably some spiced up rice.  We got the Anaheim peppers in the Bountiful Baskets Mexican pack that I picked up on Saturday.  Maybe a dessert but I'm not sure what, yet.

I deactivated facebook yesterday hoping to waste less time on it.  Not sure yet if it will permanent because so many organizations use it for announcements but we'll see.

Have a great day!
Catherine

Offline wrancher

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2013, 07:20:45 AM »
Catherine did you print out a 40% off coupon for hobby lobby

Offline Proudmama

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2013, 08:04:17 AM »
Good morning!

Today is mostly an at home day for me, too.  Like many of you, I really prefer those days to run all around days!  We do have to go to back to school night for Molly tonight.  Hopefully, when we get home, I will be able to get to bed on time.  We won't get home until 9:00 and I try to get in bed by 9:30 but sometimes am too wound up after being out to sleep.

I have a pretty long list today.  I have the girls' laundry, the kitchen to clean up, towels to wash and hang up and towels and sheets from the basement to take down and fold.  I also have to get dinner started so we can eat early and get to school on time tonight.

Have a great day, everyone!

Denise

Offline bobbie78

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2013, 08:33:51 AM »
Hello, ladies!
So far this morning I have done a load of dishes, folded 2 loads of laundry and got the spaghetti sauce in the crockpot for tonights dinner. I was putting together a casserole for lunch for later and I cut my thumb. Cut a good little chunk out of it. :( 

I need to straighten the house a bit more. Need to vacuum, too. I hate vacuuming. But I thank the Lord I'm able to do it and that I've got a vacuum that works!

Once my spaghetti sauce is done, I think I will make some more apple butter. We have an apple tree in our yard and I just love it. I made some the other evening. Family is already requesting more.

Y'all have a good day!
~Bobbie from southern Ohio. Living life with my partner, Chad and two furbabies Punkin and Jade.

Offline Pat in Tenn

• Only By God's Grace
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2013, 09:32:26 AM »
Good Morning ladies,

I have been out of town for a couple of days, attending my nephew's wedding. It was so sweet!! Can't believe he is married. :)

I am just getting things started around here and boy is it hard to start your "week" on a Wednesday, lol.... I have to keep it on my mind that we have church tonight.

I am really wanting to get my home ready for Fall but just seem to be spinning my wheels and getting no where. We will be hosting the family monthly meal here for my in-laws on Saturday, so I have to get busy NOW, lol.....

We had a touch of fall weather and then it was gone, lol.... Please don't tease me....Fall...come!!

We were up at the Smokey Mountains for the wedding and it was just enough to get me longing for fall. My husband and I will be going back up there in 4 weeks for our anniversary trip and then I will be going back in Nov with my youngest daughter, for the homeschool days there at a resort. My company is helping with the homeschool days so there will be some work time involved.

I need to work out a plan for supper tonight. I have a few ideas but need to get it going.

I hope everyone has a great day there at your place!
Pat
wife to Jeff for 26years
mom to Elizabeth (24),Sarah (19),and Rebekah (14)
http://onlybygodsgrace.blogspot.com/

Offline Pat in Tenn

• Only By God's Grace
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2013, 09:34:32 AM »
Good morning!

Errands this morning...eye dr for me and another stop or two I want to make while out.  The kids need t-shirts in their team colors by soccer practice tomorrow so I want to check Hobby Lobby for those.  Max needs purple and I'm not sure where else would have purple for a boy, lol.  Mallory needs brown of all the colors, and Morgan orange.  Maddy white but she has that.  Micah grey which should be easy to find.  I'd also like to browse in Hobby Lobby for some Christmas gift inspiration.  I haven't done much in the making gifts department the last few years but am really needing to this year in the interest of cost and have no clue as to what to make my parents.

We got more rain yesterday which was very welcome.  The garden is looking pretty pitiful after the last few weeks of heat but there is more out there than at this time most years.  :)

Tonight is a church potluck.  I'm planning to take Pioneer Woman's Lazy Chili Rellenos and probably some spiced up rice.  We got the Anaheim peppers in the Bountiful Baskets Mexican pack that I picked up on Saturday.  Maybe a dessert but I'm not sure what, yet.

I deactivated facebook yesterday hoping to waste less time on it.  Not sure yet if it will permanent because so many organizations use it for announcements but we'll see.

Have a great day!
Catherine

Catherine - I just ordered my first basket from Bountiful Baskets and will pick it up on Friday. I also added on the Mexican pack to my order. I can't wait!
Pat
wife to Jeff for 26years
mom to Elizabeth (24),Sarah (19),and Rebekah (14)
http://onlybygodsgrace.blogspot.com/

Offline Andrea G

• no better thing under the sun
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2013, 10:03:16 AM »
Good morning everyone! It is a beautiful sunny day here, nice and cool.  Love this time of year!

So far today I have been to the feed store and to my sister's to pick up a huge set of shelves that she didn't want any more.  I put it in my pantry/laundry room and am in the process of organizing my canned goods on it.  I am finding things that I didn't know I had.  I have a load of towels to fold, and another load to hang outside.

We got our first duck egg this morning. That was a surprise!  The chickens are slowing down their egg production, so if we start getting duck eggs that would be a bonus. :)

Supper tonight will be spaghetti, and I will make caesar salad to go with it.  And if I feel ambitious I might even make some garlic toast.

Hope everyone is having a blessed day! :)

Loving life in southern Ontario
Wife to David, Mom to Kate, Paul, Matt and Julianne

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2013, 12:08:42 PM »
Catherine did you print out a 40% off coupon for hobby lobby

Always!   ;)  The t-shirts are always on sale but I picked up a birthday card for a friend and used it on that.  :)

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2013, 12:11:04 PM »
Good morning!

Catherine - I just ordered my first basket from Bountiful Baskets and will pick it up on Friday. I also added on the Mexican pack to my order. I can't wait!

It was a great Mexican pack this week!  Of course, it can vary from week to week but this one had Anaheim (aka Hatch) peppers, jalapenos, avocados, onions, garlic, tomatillas, and limes.

Offline MoWin

• My Blog
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2013, 03:31:43 PM »
Good afternoon,

I thought I had posted, but I guess not.   :D It is a beautiful day here. The sun is shining and we have a strong 20-25 mph wind. It was perfect to hang clothes on the line. Things dried in quick order.  ;) So all the clothes are off the line and put away.  ;D

I also made a quick trip to Walmart and Aldis this morning to get some fresh produce. I stopped and filled the car on the way home. Not much else to do today. I do still need to work out. I usually do that right after Kevin leaves for work, but I was busy putting stuff away, so never got it done. I may just spend some time on my stationary bike.  :)

I will do some more quilting on Shadowy Stars this evening. I am on the last block.  ;D Just have the top borders to do after that and it is done! 8) (Well after I soak the blue marks out and put the binding on. LOL)

You all have a wonderful afternoon and evening.

Blessings,
Winona
Winona in northwest Missouri
Wife to Kevin
Mom to Carolyn, Cathryn, Isaiah, Hazel, and Jon
Grandma to Ashton, Ava, Noah, Izabella, and Maddison
Furbabies: Aeris, Buddy, and Callie