Author Topic: Thrusday, September 19.2013  (Read 5578 times)

Offline wrancher

Thrusday, September 19.2013
« on: September 19, 2013, 05:56:17 AM »
Good Morning

Offline wrancher

Re: Thrusday, September 19.2013
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2013, 06:03:57 AM »
I need to some house cleaning today before I head out to haul more hay, We got a load of calves yesterday that we are feeding for another guy. Right now we just have them in a pasture. Some already got out into the tree patch but we got them back in. Dh is suppose to help neighbors after lunch pack silage.  I also want to can my salsa.

Offline fishermanwife

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2013, 07:31:35 AM »
Good Morning! Drinking my coffee while laundry washes, waiting for 10 oclock to get here to take Ollie to the Dr he got red spots, I look at them and them he points to freckles on my arm and says "no you got spots", lol he so funny now days yesterday he told me "you break my heart". After Dr we have to run by walmart and then marvins for some stock up items. At 4 daughter has a softball game and 550 a teachers meeting so Ill cook up some potato soup before game so dinner will be ready hopefully we can get to bed on time we all have been so tired lately. Have a great day everyone.
Norma in Southeast Oklahoma. Wife to Steven, mommy to Abby 16, Keagan 14, Trenten 10, Ollie 7.

Offline MissMandy

• ♥ Summer 2015 ♥
    • The Finstad Homestead
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2013, 07:58:59 AM »
Morning Ladies!

Getting back into the swing of things around here after our long weekend in Manhattan.  Jean head out to work around 5AM, and after napping a little after getting him on the road I head in to town to drop Graham off at the groomer and hit Rite Aid.  Sadly, no one in town seems to carry the color of nail polish I'm looking for, including Rite Aid (it's a hard life, right?? 8) ;D ). 

Now back home I'm having my coffee and starting on my NSA work for the day.  I also need to work on laundry at some point.  Pretty normal day around here!  Dinner tonight is something with ground turkey. 

Have a wonderful day!

Mandy :)
Mandy, wife to Jean, furmama to Irish Wolfhound Grimmauld (Grimm), living in the mountains of Virginia.  Childless by circumstance and loving it! ♥

Offline Proudmama

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2013, 08:37:16 AM »
Good morning!

It is an absolutely beautiful day today!!!  I, unfortunately, am suffering from either allergies or a cold so am not feeling 100% today.  And, I didn't get to bed on time last night so I am tired as well.  Bleh!

I have already taken care of the checkbook, cleaned up the kitchen, went food shopping, picked up Doug's suit from the cleaners and put most of the food away.  I still have to wash off the apples and tomatoes I bought at the produce store.  The tomatoes are seconds so I plan on roasting them in the oven and then freezing them for soup, stews, pasta, etc. for the winter.  I am not sure I will do that today.  I also need to finish up the girls' laundry and go pick up my egg order a bit later. 

Dinner tonight is fish cakes, baked potatoes and string beans.

Have a glorious day!

Denise

Offline Shelly

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2013, 09:59:37 AM »
Good morning!

It's been nice and cool here the day day, and I'm loving it!  I have LOTS to do today.  I was gone all afternoon yesterday and will be gone all afternoon tomorrow, so i've got to fit all of my daily chores into today.  My house is a wreck and I've got a list a mile long.  We slept in this morning, so that doesn't help things.  ;D

Well, I better get at it.  I'm not even going to post my list or I'd be here all morning doing it :)

Have a great one!
Wife to Trevor for 16 years and SAHM to Maisie (4) Liam (4) Aedric (1) Harold (1)

Offline MoWin

• My Blog
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2013, 10:00:52 AM »
Good morning ladies,

It is already 82* here, so we know it is going to get  hot. The ac is turned on. I hated to do it, but we have a tin roof and if we let it get hot in here, it takes a long time to cool down.  :o

Good morning ladies,

I have my chores done, breakfast done, and am enjoying my cup of coffee.  ;D I just gave Buddy and the cats their daily treats, so they are busy. LOL Bud likes to lay his treat on the bed and save it. Then he gets all grumpy when the cats get near it. LOL They are all just like kids, I tell you. LOL

I worked on the top borders of Shadowy Stars last night. Uggg, there was nothing on tv that I was interested in so I put RV with Robin Williams in the DVD player and enjoyed that while quilting. When Kevin got home at  11 p.m., he wanted to watch another movie, so I put Tremors with Kevin Bacon on. I love both of these movies. I don't normally like monster like movies, but Tremors is so silly it is funny.  :D Besides, it also has Reba in it. LOL So it was a late night for us, but we had fun watching a movie together. I hope the new fall season is better than this week has been.  :(

I know several of my favorite shows start their new season next week. I love NCIS and NCIS: LA. I have about decided to keep watching Bones instead of the Voice on Mondays. I do enjoy Bones, and am not a fan of Ceelo Green, nor Christina Aguilara. I know the NCISs will win out on Tuesdays. LOL OK, didn't you all need to read about my tv preferences.LOL Sorry, I get carried away.  :-[

Not much else going on here. You all have a great day.

Blessings,
Winona
Winona in northwest Missouri
Wife to Kevin
Mom to Carolyn, Cathryn, Isaiah, Hazel, and Jon
Grandma to Ashton, Ava, Noah, Izabella, and Maddison
Furbabies: Aeris, Buddy, and Callie

Offline MoWin

• My Blog
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2013, 10:02:04 AM »
Shelly,
Any news on the tests you have gone through?
Blessings,
Winona
Winona in northwest Missouri
Wife to Kevin
Mom to Carolyn, Cathryn, Isaiah, Hazel, and Jon
Grandma to Ashton, Ava, Noah, Izabella, and Maddison
Furbabies: Aeris, Buddy, and Callie

Offline Shelly

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2013, 10:14:36 AM »
Shelly,
Any news on the tests you have gone through?
Blessings,
Winona

Not yet, I'm only halfway through.  I finish with the last of them friday and then meet with the doctor that afternoon, so I should know something then.  The doctor I had for the testing yesterday said he got some good data, so that's a good sign.  One of the tests had me in a chair in a small pitch black vertical tube. The chair spun and flashed lights at me while I had on all kids of goggles and head gear.  That one sure wasn't fun so I'm glad he got what he needed and I don't have to repeat it.
Wife to Trevor for 16 years and SAHM to Maisie (4) Liam (4) Aedric (1) Harold (1)

Offline MissMandy

• ♥ Summer 2015 ♥
    • The Finstad Homestead
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2013, 10:38:58 AM »

I know several of my favorite shows start their new season next week. I love NCIS and NCIS: LA. I have about decided to keep watching Bones instead of the Voice on Mondays. I do enjoy Bones, and am not a fan of Ceelo Green, nor Christina Aguilara. I know the NCISs will win out on Tuesdays. LOL OK, didn't you all need to read about my tv preferences.LOL Sorry, I get carried away.  :-[

Blessings,
Winona

I'm interested!  I'm one of those people who has the TV on pretty much all day long in the background while I work online or around the house, and I've found that I definitely have my routine.  It's always interesting to hear what other people like.  For me it's Dr.Phil in the morning (my DVR records about 4-5 episodes a day, so I just pick and choose) and Gilmore Girls in the late afternoon and while I make dinner.  Jean and I watch an episode of Good Eats together during dinner, then while he is watching his shows on the DVR I take a bath, and afterwards I watch Big Bang Theory on the iPad until he comes to bed ;D.  I also enjoy Barefoot Contessa, Dateline on ID, and Sex and the City, whereas he is more of a sci-fi/action fan (Continuum, Face Off,  Do No Harm, Lost Girl).

Mandy
Mandy, wife to Jean, furmama to Irish Wolfhound Grimmauld (Grimm), living in the mountains of Virginia.  Childless by circumstance and loving it! ♥

Offline mooremama

• Sam and the boys
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2013, 10:51:35 AM »
I'm always interested in what people like on tv so carry on Winona and Mandy.  :D

I do not have the tv on at all during the day unless Holden wants to watch an episode or two of Curious George. 

Our tv watching starts at night at 8:00, after the kids are in bed.  Let's see....

Mondays is Bones (Caylon got hooked on this while on maternity leave and watched every season on Netflix so of course we have to watch the new season  ;))

Tuesdays is NCIS and NCIS LA

Wednesday is Survivor

Thursday is Big Bang

Fri-Sat is nothing for me. 

Sunday is Amazing Race.

Normally I just watch one show a day plus the local news. 

Beth 
Beth in western NC
Wife of Sam for 27 years,
Mother of Aaron (26) and Caylon (24)
MIL to Bo
Nan to Lainey Beth (7), Stephen Holden (3) and Samuel Evan (2)
Furmama to Bonnie and Jake
Barnyard Mama to 2 goats, 3 turkeys and oodles of chickens.

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2013, 11:21:23 AM »
Good afternoon! 

Started to post this morning but my mom called right then so I cancelled the post.  I can't talk to her and type at the same time, lol.  I've got some laundry done and ready to fold and my sheets in the wash.  I usually do sheets on Friday but since I'm heading out of town I'm getting a head start so they're fresh when I come home from the lodge.  :)  I ran to Supercuts for a haircut as well...it was driving me nuts.  Maddy and I had tag-teamed cutting it a couple of weeks ago but I think we were both so nervous that we didn't take enough off.  Used a coupon at Walgreens for an Almay eyeliner as Max broke my other one a couple of weeks ago.  I don't wear much makeup but I like my eyeliner and this particular color looks good on me (IMO, lol) without screaming "I'm wearing eyeliner!" 

My sponsor will pick me up at 4 for the Emmaus walk.  I still need to pack but will probably do it at the last minute.  Packing for one is a piece of cake when all the clothes are clean.  :D  Usually, I'm packing for 7 which is a whole 'nother ballgame.  I think I've got all the food planned out and meat thawing in the fridge for Earl and the kids for the weekend.  He worked extra the past three days so he can take off early to get them to soccer today.

TV--I guess we're really boring in this area.  :D  We only have Amazon Prime right now and Earl and I are watching the 2nd season of The Fringe and the 4th season of Ballykissangel.  I've got Duck Dynasty lined up to start watching with the kids.  Oh, and Earl and I are also watching the Dome but I think tomorrow is the last episode of the season.  I read the book and now the show is bugging me so I'm glad it's about done.  I think while Earl is gone some the next few months, I will start rewatching All Creatures Great and Small in the evening after the younger kids go to bed.  That way I can get some knitting in at the same time.

Well, better get the kids fed.  I made the crockpot "refried" beans from Pennies and Pancakes and we'll make some burritos for lunch.  My kids love these beans and I can even stand them...not a refried bean eater usually.  This should give Earl enough to feed them another lunch or two this weekend, as well.

Denise, I hope you feel better quickly!

Everyone, have a great weekend!
Catherine

Offline luv2bmom

« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2013, 11:23:29 AM »
Hi ladies,

Today is payday so I just got back from the bank and Kroger.  Dh and I are going out to dinner, not sure where we always decide once we're in the car!

It's dreary here today and supposed to be this way for the next few days.  I need to clean out my pantry, purge and organize it soon. 

Dh and I watch Revenge, Survivor, Americas Got Talent (not so much me ;), Greys Anatomy, Duck Dynasty and many sports shows!  When he's not here I watch alot of the Inspiration Channel and Hallmark too.

Hope you all have a good weekend take care and God Bless!
Pixie, wife to Coby
mother to Megan, Amanda
and to our beloved late son Braden
Baboo to Mont, Ada, Brinly and Brielle
mil to Warren and Marcus

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2013, 12:02:07 PM »
Ahh, the fall TV lineup!
Winona, weren't you a Survior fan? Did you miss it last night?

My interests are Survivor, Amazing Race, any cooking competition and that's about it for me.

In our old house, before we moved, we only had an antennae, high speed internet and phone all for about $100. Now we have AT&T Uverse for about the same per month. It is tv through the phone line or something and of all the channels we get I only like animal planet, Food Network and the kids like a science channel. Everything else is absolutely boring or not available to us. Well, that's OK I guess since I don't want to be sitting all night long watching television anyway!

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline Leahsgarden

• doTERRA Essential Oils
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2013, 12:09:21 PM »
Alas, no TV for us since Caleb challenged it to a duel with a wooden block. ;) Before that, Chris and I would watch the Tudors through Amazon Prime.
...Leah
wife to Chris
Mommy to Caleb, Logan, & Josie