Author Topic: Craisins  (Read 1382 times)

Offline bobbie78

Craisins
« on: May 27, 2015, 07:19:05 PM »
Hi ladies. My sister purchased 80 some ounces of craisins at sams club thinking she would love them. Big mistake on her half, she hates them. So she gave them to me. I will eat them for a snack a few at a time. But I am at a loss as what to do with that many of them. Do you ladies use them or put them in certain recipes. Chad doesnt even really care for raisins so I know he wont like a craisin. But I'm bound and determined to use them up! :D
~Bobbie from southern Ohio. Living life with my partner, Chad and two furbabies Punkin and Jade.

Offline Rooney

Re: Craisins
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2015, 09:35:12 PM »
I read that wrong and thought it said 80 pounds! :o lol  I am used to dealing with those larger amounts of stuff in bulk, so my brain got go'in on what I would do with it. ;)  80 ounces.....hmmmm...I think I would get some quart freezer bags and freeze most of it that way you don't have to hurry up and just use it up just to be using it. I would use them in muffins, cookies, maybe even pancakes.  Also might use them when making oatmeal instead of just plain raisins.  Then again, my kids aren't that picky, they like both raisins and cranberries. :) And... even though you might not like them that much plain, it might not be so bad when mixed into another food.

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2015, 11:21:17 PM »
I love to eat them as is or with almonds as a snack.  But, one of my favorite cookies uses them too:  http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/trisha-yearwood/white-chocolate-cranberry-cookies-recipe.html

I use pecans instead of macadamia nuts.

Offline MissMandy

• ♥ Summer 2015 ♥
    • The Finstad Homestead
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2015, 01:02:40 PM »
We put them in our salad with dinner every night.  Yum!

Mandy
Mandy, wife to Jean, furmama to Irish Wolfhound Grimmauld (Grimm), living in the mountains of Virginia.  Childless by circumstance and loving it! ♥

Offline bobbie78

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2015, 02:42:56 AM »
Thanks, ladies! i will definitely do the freezing method. I hadnt even thought of that and usually I am always trying to see what I can save by freezing lol. Those cookies look good as well.  And I never even thought of salad. I would probably love it, Chad not so much. He is worse than a child. His momma spoiled him and he could live off of shells and cheese if he were a bachelor. He really doesnt like fruit of any kind and the vegs he likes are the ones that he shouldnt. :( But I'm working on him. Thanks again ladies :)
~Bobbie from southern Ohio. Living life with my partner, Chad and two furbabies Punkin and Jade.