Author Topic: Friday. September 20, 2013  (Read 2885 times)

Offline wrancher

Friday. September 20, 2013
« on: September 20, 2013, 06:15:12 AM »
Good Morning

Offline wrancher

Re: Friday. September 20, 2013
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2013, 06:26:12 AM »
An at home day but we have 3 days worth to fit into 1.  DS has a football jamboree tomorrow in another town and Sunday  we are helping my dad with a retaining wall as my mom is out of town. So DH will be planting and I will be hauling hay and whatever else that comes our way. We ordered dish and an email came saying they would be here today  :o ugh No phone calls? So maybe dish will be here to sit up satelite. Funny the only reason we are buying it is for football and we will be gone.  We will have to take the guy around with the creep feed to the different pastures today also. I want to wash floor in walk in that didnt get done yesterday and clean out fridge if possible. I mean it really needs it and we pickup bountiful baskets tomorrow but time runs away. So will start laundry and get the coffee!!

Have a great day
Janice

Offline Cheryl

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2013, 06:53:57 AM »
Good morning!

I'm waiting on the washer to finish so I can hang out the first load.  All the outside animals have been fed and after hanging the laundry, I'll have school with Emily. 

It's supposed to rain tomorrow so I don't know what our plans for the weekend will include.  I'd like to go to Sam's Club and stock up on some things.

Well, gotta go hang laundry.  Have a great day! :)
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline MissMandy

• ♥ Summer 2015 ♥
    • The Finstad Homestead
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2013, 08:26:53 AM »
Morning Ladies!

After getting Jean on the road about 5AM I went back to bed.  I'm meeting with a group of church ladies for our 'knitting night' (read: snacking, chatting, and very little knitting!) tonight, so I need to come up with a healthy-ish side dish and make a batch of fall sangria to share before heading over.  Also today I need to get to the laundry I never did yesterday (whoops :o!), and our floors could use a once-over, too.  I should probably also figure out a knitting project to take that doesn't need a pattern/much brain power, just in case we actually do some knitting!

Dinner tonight is out at knitting night (been saving my calories all week!).

Have a wonderful day, ladies!

Mandy :)
Mandy, wife to Jean, furmama to Irish Wolfhound Grimmauld (Grimm), living in the mountains of Virginia.  Childless by circumstance and loving it! ♥

Offline mooremama

• Sam and the boys
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2013, 08:38:53 AM »
Good morning  :D

We've had a busy morning so far.  I have all the laundry washed and on the line, I've carried and stacked wood that Sam and Aaron have chopped over the last few days, emptied all the trashcans, got my bedroom straightened up (which was a job!),  unloaded the dishwasher and fixed breakfast 3 different times and cleaned the kitchen all 3 times.  Both boys are laying back down after both of them having a rough night; full moons really affect them. 

I'm not sure what the rest of the day holds.  I do have to get Lainey from school at 2:30 and Sam will be getting home from his part time job about that time too.  He took tonight off from his full time job for our anniversary, which was yesterday.  We are going out to eat and I get to pick the place!!  Sam's only request is that we go somewhere with good steaks.  We'll probably end up going to a family ran restaurant called The Angus. 

I've gotta get up from here.  Rest time is over.  :D

Beth
Beth in western NC
Wife of Sam for 27 years,
Mother of Aaron (26) and Caylon (24)
MIL to Bo
Nan to Lainey Beth (7), Stephen Holden (3) and Samuel Evan (2)
Furmama to Bonnie and Jake
Barnyard Mama to 2 goats, 3 turkeys and oodles of chickens.

Offline MissMandy

• ♥ Summer 2015 ♥
    • The Finstad Homestead
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2013, 08:49:36 AM »
Good morning  :D

We've had a busy morning so far.  I have all the laundry washed and on the line, I've carried and stacked wood that Sam and Aaron have chopped over the last few days, emptied all the trashcans, got my bedroom straightened up (which was a job!),  unloaded the dishwasher and fixed breakfast 3 different times and cleaned the kitchen all 3 times.  Both boys are laying back down after both of them having a rough night; full moons really affect them. 

I'm not sure what the rest of the day holds.  I do have to get Lainey from school at 2:30 and Sam will be getting home from his part time job about that time too.  He took tonight off from his full time job for our anniversary, which was yesterday.  We are going out to eat and I get to pick the place!!  Sam's only request is that we go somewhere with good steaks.  We'll probably end up going to a family ran restaurant called The Angus. 

I've gotta get up from here.  Rest time is over.  :D

Beth

Whew, you go!  Busy day so far!  You deserve the rest tonight.  Enjoy that night out, and happy (belated) anniversary!!

Mandy, wife to Jean, furmama to Irish Wolfhound Grimmauld (Grimm), living in the mountains of Virginia.  Childless by circumstance and loving it! ♥

Offline menifeemom

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2013, 09:59:53 AM »
So far this morning the girls and I have managed to get a good start on their studies.  After lunch we will be meeting friends for some fun at a park and then I have to fix a quick dinner before my middle daughter leaves for archery practice.  Luckily I have some chili in the freezer I can pull out to have with some cornbread and salad.  Should be a fun day!

Offline MoWin

• My Blog
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2013, 11:21:27 AM »
Hello ladies,

I noticed it is after noon, so couldn't say 'good morning'. LOL We had storms with lots of rain yesterday afternoon. It got up to 95* before the storms, then dropped to the 60s in just a few minutes.  :o I am sure we had over an inch of rain, because I had to dump it out of a bucket I left upright.  :D

I'm feeling blessed. Kevin has a friend at work who told him to bring a bucket because he is bringing us tomatoes today. Then sis-in-law messaged me and wanted to know if I wanted more tomatoes.  ;) So I will be busy tomorrow working up tomatoes. Probably the last of them for this season. We could have frost any time now. Needing to mow the yard again, but it is way too wet at the moment.

We have been watching a movie together when Kevin gets home from work. Makes for a late night, but he commented on how much he is enjoying it.  ;D So I will just take a nap during the day.  ;)

I am so close to having the quilting done of Shadowy Stars, that I can taste it. LOL I only have part of a block and the upper left corner to quilt. I hope to get that done this weekend. Probably while watching movies with Kevin. I really need to check out the $5 bin at Walmart again.  :) We will put the last free standing shelf unit together tomorrow and I can get the rest of my stash organized. I will snap a couple of pictures to share when I get it like I want.  ;)

Sometimes I just don't know my hubby anymore.  :-\ LOL We have a beagle named Thunder. She was born here and lived here her whole life. She is a hunting dog, but turned 16 this summer. She is old! This dog has never been in the house. She is a hunting dog, so stays outside. Last night when Kevin got home, she was standing by the door acting like she wanted in. So he opened the door and let her in.  :o She slept on an old shirt of his all night. I don't mind as she didn't cause any problems, but it just shocked me that he would let her in to sleep after all this time. She has always had a nice shed to sleep in, but now she has decided she wants to be with us and Kevin is ok with this.  ??? LOL So I guess we now have 2 cats and 2 dogs living in our tiny cabin with us.  ;D

Well, I need to get Kevin ready for work. You all have a great day.

Blessings,
Winona
Winona in northwest Missouri
Wife to Kevin
Mom to Carolyn, Cathryn, Isaiah, Hazel, and Jon
Grandma to Ashton, Ava, Noah, Izabella, and Maddison
Furbabies: Aeris, Buddy, and Callie