Author Topic: Recipes incorporating Oats  (Read 1307 times)

Offline Rooney

Recipes incorporating Oats
« on: June 18, 2015, 12:30:36 PM »
I buy either a 25 pound bag or a 50 pound bag of quick oats each month.  That has been great up until recently.  Now 2 of the kids have decided that they really don't like oatmeal anymore? ???  They ate it before, so I don't know.  Anyway, I have been trying to think of other things to make with them besides the old trusty of oatmeal with brown sugar and cinnamon.  I already make granola bars, granola, and am going to make some oatmeal no bakes this week as well. 

Can you think of any other things to use them in?

Offline wrancher

Re: Recipes incorporating Oats
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2015, 12:38:28 PM »
Can't beat no bake cookies. Healthy probably not but my grandma always made them so they must be good ha. My kids go through these fast. They have learned to make them as well.  I also use in meatloaf. 

Janice

Offline wrancher

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2015, 12:39:47 PM »
Ohh and muffins

Offline wrancher

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2015, 12:40:49 PM »
I need to think before I post. Another favorite oatmeal raisin cookies.  So soft and oh so good.  Perfect for breakfast on the go. Ha

Offline Rooney

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2015, 01:06:24 PM »
Ohh and muffins

Ya know, I have a whole wheat muffin mix that I use.  I wonder if I could just throw some oats in with the mix to make it go farther or if it would mess up the muffins by adding it?  Guess I could try on one batch and see if it works. 

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2015, 01:42:40 PM »
Baked oatmeal (for a little different texture), granola bars.  I also sometimes use them instead of breadcrumbs in things like meatloaf.